ADDON: CS-Cart "Multishop" add-on

Notice! We have discontinued to support this add-on because CS-Cart has added multi-shop functionality by default.

We are glad to announce that we have started CS-Cart “Multishop” Add-on presale.

The “Multishop” add-on joins your stores together to one multishop system. All changes in the stores can be done through the main admin panel.

Main concept

The “Multishop” add-on is flexible and tunable. Administrator can configure different ways of work of multishop system depending on tasks that multishop system faces.

The objects which are shown/used in stores, can be configured by three different ways:

1. Objects can be shown/used from the main database (main shop) with checking the object availability to a corresponding store. We call them shared objects.

This method is only available for the following objects:

- Orders (Shipments; Recurring plans, events, subscriptions)

- Categories

- Products (Product features; Product filters; Product options)

- Users (Administrators; Customers)

- Usergroups

- Shippings

- Payments

- Blocks

- Pages

2. Objects can be shown/used from the main database (main store) without any checks, i.e. all the objects from main database (main store). We call them main store objects.

3. Objects can be shown/used from its own database store (local store). We call them own store objects.

Read more about it in the article CS-Cart “Multishop” Add-on.

CS-Cart “Multishop” add-on presale price is USD 150

CS-Cart “Multishop” add-on release price is USD 200

You can buy add-on here

P.S. We are going to keep this add-on updated to new CS-Cart versions, we also are planning to develop it so we welcome any suggestions from our clients.

Regards, Alt-team.

Can this multistore addon do:

domain1.com

domain2.com

domain3.com

etc etc

many shops on their own domains but managed by one central admin?

Dear badmaash,

Yes. Multishop can do this.

You can test demo-version, the links are here

Notice that there is an obligatory term: in order to configure Multishop a client should have several stores, installed on one server, stores databases should be attached to one user.

Regards, Alt-team.

Is there a requirement for the stores to be on the same server (I.e. direct DB access) or do you utilize an API that makes things flexible?

Dear tbirnseth,

The one server and one general user are required for data bases of the store.

Regards, Alt-team.

[quote name=‘Alt-team’]Dear tbirnseth,

The one server and one general user are required for data bases of the store.

Regards, Alt-team.[/QUOTE]

Have you got a setup on seperate unique domains?

Also what if I upgrade and you addon is not compatible with the latest build and say I have 20 sites and they all go down, then what?

I think this functionality is a part of the Magento core, so they do not have to worry whereas this is an addon can you please give some confidence that the add on is future proof?

Thanks

Dear badmaash,

[quote name=‘badmaash’]Have you got a setup on seperate unique domains?

Also what if I upgrade and you addon is not compatible with the latest build and say I have 20 sites and they all go down, then what?

I think this functionality is a part of the Magento core, so they do not have to worry whereas this is an addon can you please give some confidence that the add on is future proof?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

You can use unique domains without problems, the main thing is that your sites should be on one server and should have one user for data base of the stores.

Yes, We will keep the add-on updated and together with each new CS-Cart version, we’ll update it for our clients.

Regards, Alt-team.

anyone got this mod installed ?

[quote name=‘Alt-team’]Dear badmaash,

You can use unique domains without problems, the main thing is that your sites should be on one server and should have one user for data base of the stores.

Yes, We will keep the add-on updated and together with each new CS-Cart version, we’ll update it for our clients.

Regards, Alt-team.[/QUOTE]

update will be supported lifetime with cs-cart new version?

So, let me see if I have this right.

I can use multiple domains on the same server and have them share the same database with this addon?

So, something like this:

www.Store1.com - Computer Store

www.Store2.com - Book Store

www.Store3.com - Clothing Store

And even though these are separate domains, they can share one database and be controlled through one admin?

Along with that, what about the CS-Cart licensing? CS-Cart only allows one install per domain. In my example I’d assume that I’d need three licenses and your addon. Is that correct?

And, along with that bad ass functionality, I will get free updates for life?

Thanks,

Brandon

LMFAO@brandon!!!

I wasn’t really trying to be funny to be honest.

I think this addon is pretty cool and I’d like to purchase it, but I want to have a better understanding of how it all works.

I don’t plan on doing any kind of mall type of thing, but multiple domains all controlled under 1 admin would be pretty cool and I could definitely do something with that.

Unfortunately though, the way I read the licensing of CS-Cart, is that if I want 5 domains that I can use under this addon than I’d have to not only purchase this addon, but 5 licenses.

Of course they do say this works for the Community version, so I guess I wouldn’t really have to purchase any licenses. I just really haven’t looked into the community version that much to know what it’s missing.

To me, it seems a little too good to be true. With this addon and the Community version, you could potentially have 5, 10, 15 different stores all set up with one admin for only $150. Just seems like CS might do something with the licensing or something to not allow this.

Maybe I’m way over thinking things and making this way to complicated, but I don’t really feel like spending $150 on something that I won’t use.

Thanks,

Brandon

And hope that you never outgrow a single server installation or it all goes out the window since there’s no API and it’s all database->database activity. I’m not criticizing their work. I think it’s great to see someone step up and offer some kind of multi-store capability.

And no Brandon, it does not sound like a shared database between stores, but rather replicated data among the databases.

This is no small task… The ideal solution would be api based. I.e. any system could send or receive updates from any other system anywhere and distribute data appropriately.

I doubt that any db->db solution could ever be PCI compliant even through they are running on the same server. An api system could be certified as being secure.

tbrinseth: have you ever think make another one like this using an api solution?

[quote]

have you ever think make another one like this using an api solution?

[/quote]

Yes… In fact I have one for my hosted clients (one inventory to multiple stores). The trouble is commercializing it so that it meets the needs/abilities of most clients. Right now, it’s pretty hard-wired into my environment.

Do not want to hijack this thread. Was just trying to offer a point of view on the chosen approach.

i understand, someone must talk to cs-cart regarding this addon.

(license matter)

Dear Brandon,

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Along with that, what about the CS-Cart licensing? CS-Cart only allows one install per domain. In my example I’d assume that I’d need three licenses and your addon. Is that correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that’s correct. If you have 3 stores you need 3 CS-Cart Licenses and 1 Multishop License.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]

Of course they do say this works for the Community version, so I guess I wouldn’t really have to purchase any licenses. [/QUOTE]

This functionality is in the processus of debugging.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]To me, it seems a little too good to be true. With this addon and the Community version, you could potentially have 5, 10, 15 different stores all set up with one admin for only $150. Just seems like CS might do something with the licensing or something to not allow this.[/QUOTE]

We don’t really understand what you mean by saying “it seems a little too good to be true.”

Multishop only connects your webstores. CS-Cart Community will work like Community version, Porfessional will work like Professional. Multishop doesn’t change it.

[quote name=‘vidan’]update will be supported lifetime with cs-cart new version? [/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]And, along with that bad ass functionality, I will get free updates for life?[/QUOTE]

We keep add-on updated to new CS-Cart versions.

You get updates for Multishop (it seemed you meant something different here, may be we weren’t quite clear).

During one year after purchasing you get Multishop updates for free.

Regards, Alt-team.

Another concern is it’s hard to install ssl(not wildcard one) for each domain since all the stores are installed on one server.

So we still need more cs-cart license for this purpose?

how much update fee after a year?

thank you so much Alt-team

Dear vidan,

[quote name=‘vidan’]So we still need more cs-cart license for this purpose?

how much update fee after a year?

thank you so much Alt-team[/QUOTE]

1. Yes, of course.
  2. Update fee after a year will be one third from Multishop add-on price (for now it’s 67 USD).

You’re welcome )

Regards, Alt-team.