Quantity for downloadable products

Setting a product as downloadable and non-shippable automatically seems to disable cart functionality to change quantities.

I would like my customers to be able to pay for multiple quantities because we use an “honor” system and the files they download they can reproduce for the same quantity they paid for (it’s sheet music).

So is there any setting in the admin panel (or hack :)) that can let me do this or will I have to hack the templates?

thanks

T:cool:

Figured it out myself.

Unfortunately had to alter the core code in fn.cart.php line 2312 (fx fn_check_amount_in_stock):

// If the product is EDP don’t track the inventory

/if ($is_edp == ‘Y’) {

return 1;

}
/

Just commented out that line of code, and also you may have to show certain blocks of code in your cart/catalog templates to enable the qty box.

The way I do it is just comment out the continue; Line 1140 fn.cart.php v2.1.4

// Generate ekey if EDP is ordered

if (!empty($v[‘extra’][‘is_edp’]) && $v[‘extra’][‘is_edp’] == ‘Y’) {

[COLOR=“Red”]//continue;[/COLOR] // don’t track inventory

This seems to work in all versions

I’m having exactly the same issue, but neither of your solutions are working for me. Plus they’re on slightly different line numbers.

I’m using v2.1.1

//continue; // don't track inventory

The above has worked for me on many installations and versions.

After commenting out continue; saving and uploading, make sure you delete everything in your cache and compiled directories and clear your browser cache.

[quote name='lixam' timestamp='1306074751' post='113005']

I'm having exactly the same issue, but neither of your solutions are working for me. Plus they're on slightly different line numbers.

I'm using v2.1.1

[/quote]

I just upgraded to 2.2.2 and I tried the commenting out the continue but it doesnt work, my original solution still works though in case anyone else needs this. thanks T