• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ADDON: Product Designer Addon Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:30 PM #21

I find the Product Designer add-on (v. 1.0.2) to be very slow - both in the admin (10 sec) and on the front end (15 sec). I can't tell if it's because of the number of views (4), the size of the images (500x500), or the amount of clipart (6 files).Can the Alt-Team guys provide some tips for speed improvement?

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:21 PM #22

Agreed stops people clicking and clicking more

The product designer tab was Ok for me if you mean the one attached with the actual order. Cant check for sure as I have disabled the addon it as its not really usefull for me with out being abled to give discounts on the designs. I am waiting to see if the discount ability is ready.

John

These two problems ended up being the custom skin we had on the site. The skin was clashing with things the Product Designer was trying to do.

The other errors are still there.

I am still wondering if there is anyone who is using the Product Designer live yet? We are hoping to soon, but with the drag time and the bug that happens when you upload an image that is too large I'm not for sure when we'll make it live.
Regards,
Jim

• colortone
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:41 PM #23

I'd like to offer this addon for some customers, but any chances to make it smaller, faster and low priced?

The people I know that print tshirts don't do engraving or stickers.
I'd like this addon sold as single modules:

buy 1 module ($100) ie. tshirt
buy 2 modules ($175) ie. tshirt+sticker
buy 3 modules ($250) ie tshirt+sticker+engraving

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2823 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:09 AM #24

Dear colortone,

I'd like to offer this addon for some customers, but any chances to make it smaller, faster and low priced?

The people I know that print tshirts don't do engraving or stickers.
I'd like this addon sold as single modules:

buy 1 module ($100) ie. tshirt
buy 2 modules ($175) ie. tshirt+sticker
buy 3 modules ($250) ie tshirt+sticker+engraving

We'll examine your offer and possibly we'll do something like this.

Regards, Alt-team.

ADD-ONS  Web development service  | CS-Cart dedicated developers

Buy MULTIVENDOR - USD 1250 (14% off)   Buy CS-CART LICENCE - USD 345 (13% off)

Email - manager@alt-team.com | Skype - Altteam    

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2823 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:17 AM #25

Dear clips,

We have found the following errors with current version:

1) When I upload a larger image it fills in part of the background instead of just being a picture I can select. We have explained this error several times. It is a little different, but it still there.

2) On the customer side, after uploading a custom image and putting it in the canvas I rotated the image and then move the image on the canvas. At that point when I try to expand or shrink the image it works the opposite way it should. So when I try to "enlarge" the image the image instead gets small. When I try to make the image smaller it instead gets larger. This seems to only happens after I rotate about 90 degrees and then move the image on the canvas.

1. This problem really exists, but we couldn't reproduce it. It will be examined in the nearest time.
2. We will fix it in the next version.
We answered to question 3 and 4 via Helpdesk.:)

Regards, Alt-team.

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2823 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:19 AM #26

Dear sixnin9,

I find the Product Designer add-on (v. 1.0.2) to be very slow - both in the admin (10 sec) and on the front end (15 sec). I can't tell if it's because of the number of views (4), the size of the images (500x500), or the amount of clipart (6 files).Can the Alt-Team guys provide some tips for speed improvement?

Most likely slow speed depends on the server.
We tried to download Product Designer page on our demo site and it took 3-4 seconds.

Regards, Alt-team,

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:41 PM #27

Me too, just updated to 1.0.2 and front end 15-20 secs,
I only have 1 test product running at the moment and getting message "unable to load font" message when selecting font.
Also secondary images not showing again, but I assume this is the same issue as was addressed last time.

SPeed is not good for me on VPS and defintaley needs a message "please wiat while designer loads" as mentioned before

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:48 AM #28

The speed overall has not been terrible for me. I have the current copy installed on a "shared" package that I already have another 40 websites installed and that's not to mention how many other sites they have on the server. The front end loads in about 7-8 seconds and the admin takes about 10. I do see they have the moving line, but I agree that a message would be better. The problem at that point is we should be able to change the message since often times are said or spelled different in various parts of the world. Kind of like "personalised".

I did get the fonts working fine, but I still feel they should have about 5 or 6 loaded by default.

I never noticed the secondary image problem before. This isn't working for us either.

Another thing we have ran in to on the output is we have been asked by some to provide a PDF. Does anyone else need other types of output than a .png? Or have you figured out a work around?

Has anyone actually started using this mod "live" yet? We were thinking about it but there seems to be a few too many glitches to be able to go live.
Regards,
Jim

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:12 PM #29

The speed overall has not been terrible for me. I have the current copy installed on a "shared" package that I already have another 40 websites installed and that's not to mention how many other sites they have on the server. The front end loads in about 7-8 seconds and the admin takes about 10. I do see they have the moving line, but I agree that a message would be better. The problem at that point is we should be able to change the message since often times are said or spelled different in various parts of the world. Kind of like "personalised".

I did get the fonts working fine, but I still feel they should have about 5 or 6 loaded by default.

I never noticed the secondary image problem before. This isn't working for us either.

Another thing we have ran in to on the output is we have been asked by some to provide a PDF. Does anyone else need other types of output than a .png? Or have you figured out a work around?

Has anyone actually started using this mod "live" yet? We were thinking about it but there seems to be a few too many glitches to be able to go live.

Hmmm, maybe some server problem on my side then but I am on dedicated VPS with martfox as you can see in my sig. 2 Sites on it up to now.

The image problem was to do with the upgrade to 2.1.4 and The Alt team did give us the fix in an earlier post so that isnt a problem.

Not looked into the PNG yet.

I am pleased that they have added the discounts on the printing prices which is a bonus.

I am waiting for a good full day to spend setting and testing fully as like you say it does seem "iffy" at the moment.

Overall though I would still say they have brought a decent designer to us at a level that most can afford and will stick with it, and recommend people to try.

John

v4.5.2

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:15 PM #30

As long as anyone who buys the Product Designer is not selling what I am selling then I say they should get a copy! :D

Once these little bugs are worked out it will be a pretty powerful tool that brings CS-Cart to a whole new market. We've tried and purchased other Product Designers and not one of them come close to this one! Let alone at the killer price that the Alt-Team is asking for it. Quite honestly, I am hoping they get the last few bugs corrected soon so I can go live and start making some money off it.
Regards,
Jim

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4916 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:37 AM #31

I had GZip enabled on my site and now I have disabled it the designer loads fine. I have some .css issues in that the add to basket button container cover the designer tabs but havent found the styles.css file that the designer uses yet.

One other important issue is that when typing in text mode after about 9 characters the text splits into 2 lines.
Is it possible to make the text in the box smaller to fit on 1 line and also be able to stretch JUST the height of the text. It will be almost impossible for someone to have say www.webddress.com on there cothing as it splits into 2 lines. CAnt edit the size of the text in the "text size box" which would probably solve this.

I am sure this excellent designer s nearing its final stages and am confident in it now the speed has been resolved with the Gzip conflict

John

v4.5.2

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4916 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:47 PM #32

I have tested this many times now and also in a live situation. I have sorted the css issues and tweaked the pages to fit decent. I think it is running well now and have taken orders over £700 in 3 days live trials. ( I usually do far more than this with the static method but it is a great start.) I would like to list the small problems I have run into and hope The Alt Team could address them if poss or quote to extend the scope of the designer.

Possible Bugs or issues I came across
1; when adding uploaded artwork and then also adding text underneath the image the page just hangs, if you do it TEXT FIRST then IMAGE 2nd it works ok.

2;When a customer purchases a product I dont see that they get an image of what they have ordered anywhere, either in the email or in the "my orders" section. This is importatnt to the customer to have a reference of the image.

Things I would like to see it be capable of;
When adding an "image View" in admin would it be possible for an extra price field to be added to particular image variant. This would enable a blue shirt to be charged more than a white shirt.See attached image.

When editing "text price" or "image price" or "clipart price" in admin Can we have a "minimum Charge" for the per sq cm so no matter what size the customer chooses the cost will not go below the "minimum set price" in "text price" "image price" or "clipart price"

And finally is it possible for the "clipart" pricing to be able to be set at product level, at the moment they are in a seperate section of there own?

I am impressed with the way this product has evolved and now from my point of view feel if these things are sorted it is ready for most anybody.

OOOPS last one...can the tool controls in the boundary box have tool tips on hover as this will help people in knowing what each tool does, this would have stopped me posting the message as below as I have now realised the the right angle arrow stretches the text out horizontally.

One other important issue is that when typing in text mode after about 9 characters the text splits into 2 lines.
Is it possible to make the text in the box smaller to fit on 1 line and also be able to stretch JUST the height of the text. It will be almost impossible for someone to have say www.webddress.com on there cothing as it splits into 2 lines. CAnt edit the size of the text in the "text size box" which would probably solve this.John

Lookin forward to makin sales whoooo:lol: :lol:

Thanks
JOhn

v4.5.2

• moka
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:42 AM #33

I can't seem to find a good manual on this addon. But I can't for the life of me figure out 2 things..

1) How do you limit which stickers can be selected on a product. As far as I can see, all stickers are available to all products.

2) How do you prevent resizing of stickers? I need the layers to maintain their size.

3) Also, is there an option to have sticker only but no font?

TIA

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2823 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:27 AM #34

Dear Moka,

Do you mean cliparts by "stickers"?
If you do, then the answer to your questions is - unfortunately, no.
As to manual, you can find one here - http://alt-team.com/...ner-add-on.html
But, it is outdated and not complete.

Regards, Alt-team.

• moka
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:15 PM #35

Hi yes, "stickers" meaning clipart. Sorry.

Thanks for the the quick reply.

• idslamyou
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:26 PM #36

Finally got around to playing with this addon and have some questions

1. I keep getting the popup that a new version is available. I uploaded the new files, but do not see the "upgrade" link in "Content-->Product Designer".

2. Is there a way to switch to imperial measurements, i.e. inches. For the US users, mm and cm are a foreign language.

3. We need an option to specify only clipart. I don't want users to be able to add text or upload pictures for an item, they should only be able to use the clipart feature. Also, you should make the "upload images" a option for each product, not a global option.

4. Is this the official support forum for this mod? I don't see one listed on your site

• moka
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:31 PM #37

nevermind.... just a dork... figured out my own issue... when all else fails, read the directions

• moka
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:03 PM #38

On the alt-team's demo when I add a regular jpg, it does not change to clipart color, but only works for swf files.

On my demo site, the jpg's turn into a block of the clipart color. Cool for not having to convert to swf files, but I really do want the jpg image untouched like on the demo. HOw did they do that?

• moka
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:19 AM #39

Is there any way to disable the text function so it does not show up on the customer end? Is there someway to comment it out? I have no idea how to do this in flash...

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4916 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:48 PM #40

Things seem to have gone a little quiet at the alt team, I have asked for a couple of quotes but no response yet, may be holiday or something

John

v4.5.2