• You cannot reply to this topic

ADDON: Product Designer Addon Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2823 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:23 AM #201

Hello idslamyou!

Unfortunately, we can't promise to add this in the nearest future. But we have this feature in our plan.

Best regards, Alt-team

ADD-ONS  Web development service  | CS-Cart dedicated developers

Buy MULTIVENDOR - USD 1250 (14% off)   Buy CS-CART LICENCE - USD 345 (13% off)

Email - manager@alt-team.com | Skype - Altteam    

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4916 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:48 PM #202

Exporting as a vector is rife with problems, I know what you are say as we are in the same boat but I doubt if the alt team can spend time on trying to get it to create vectors when probably in the end the detail in them wont be sufficient for some of the crap, customers upload for their images. I mean even adobe Illustrator and other fine graphics programmes cant create decent cuttable/scaleable vectors from most customers artwork and fear that the alt team would be creating a unusable addon instead of adding value to other areas.

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• idslamyou
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:24 PM #203

Exporting as a vector is rife with problems, I know what you are say as we are in the same boat but I doubt if the alt team can spend time on trying to get it to create vectors when probably in the end the detail in them wont be sufficient for some of the crap, customers upload for their images. I mean even adobe Illustrator and other fine graphics programmes cant create decent cuttable/scaleable vectors from most customers artwork and fear that the alt team would be creating a unusable addon instead of adding value to other areas.

I know what your saying as we get all kinds of "autotraced" garbage files. I'm not interested in vectors for uploaded artwork though. I only need vector file for the text decals, which will not contain any raster/bitmap images. I don't allow image uploads for die cut vinyl. I want the customer to create there own die cut decal using only text.

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2823 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:54 AM #204

Dear Product designer users!

We have got a very little feedback regarding the new test Product designer version 1.1.2.

We would kindly ask you to participate in testing to help us track all bugs.

You can download the archives with the new version here

for CS-Cart 2 http://demo.alt-team...r_1.1.2_cs2.tgz

for CS-Cart 3 http://demo.alt-team...r_1.1.2_cs3.tgz

Information about new features is given here.

New Product designer version will be adjusted to CS-Cart 4 after the official CS-Cart 4 release.

Please, leave your feedback in this thread or on Alt-team forum http://forum.alt-tea.../post/540/#p540

Thank you in advance!

Beat regards, Alt-team

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2823 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:28 AM #205

Dear friends!

We are glad to announce the release of a new Product designer, version 1.1.2.

We have added several new features that were required by Product designer users.

New features include:
  • Photo effects (brightness, contrast, saturation, black and white, sepia),
  • The ability to use a color picker instead of a color palette.
  • The ability to change tabs (Add text, Add art, Upload photo) display order.
  • The ability to generate images for printing with a canvas mask disabled.
  • The ability to leave only QR codes on a clipart panel.
  • The ability to disable a product image on the design preview.
  • The ability to set an extra charge for the product sides and also the charge for the used product sides quantity.
  • The ability to change the color and alpha of the photo area and hide the 'Upload photo' title.
  • The ability to display the color palette selectbox and font category for the customers.
  • The ability to display the popup with instructions how to add a photo to the canvas after the photo uploading.
  • The ability to activate the “Personalize product” button on the product details page .
  • The ability to include subcategories under a clipart category.
  • The ability to disable fixed top for the separate text fields in the admin panel.
  • The ability to limit the maximal size of the loadable photos.
  • The ability to generate image resolution up to 600 dpi .
  • The ability to clear the design".
  • Match size" functionality for photos.
  • Alt-texts display for the images in “Add a product side” pop-up.
  • Generating of the design preview images in the storefront was improved.
  • Some phrases were hardcoded in the flash object. Fixed.
  • There was a problem with generating correct names for the files to print. Fixed.
  • There was no ability to send an e-mail from “Send to friend” tab without a set design. Fixed.
  • Some of the fonts on the printable image were displayed incorrectly. Fixed.
  • In some cases while saving the design on the computer, a different product side was saved instead of the current one. Fixed.
  • There could be an error in the storefront when the custom canvas in the sticker mode was used. Fixed.
  • The thumbnail display of the current editing product side is implemented for the saved design.
  • The data preload indication process was added.
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements.
You are welcome to purchase the add-on or download the upgrade archive here (to download the new archive click the Downloads tab).

The add-on price is still $350.

Best regards, Alt-team

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2823 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:10 AM #206

Dear friends!

We are glad to inform you that our Product designer add-on is now compatible with the CS-Cart v.4.0.1.

You can easily buy the Product designer for CS-Cart v.4.0.1 or download the new version for upgrade on the product details page (Downloads tab) here http://www.alt-team....ner-add-on.html

Kind regards, Alt-team

• CutRiteFX
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:39 AM #207

Sent you an email

• mrfoameruk
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:31 AM #208

Is this now compatable with 4.1.4

Thanks
http://UKBeading.co.uk.....one day I will get round to it and stop playing......

cs cart 4.1.4

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2823 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:05 AM #209

Is this now compatable with 4.1.4 Thanks

Hello!

Yes, Product designer works fine with 4.1.4. If you install and notice any bugs, please let us know it, we will figure everything out. We just don't recommend you to use the responsive skin in CS-Cart 4.1.4 because it's in beta version and not recommended for production yet. There can be some issues if you enable the responsive skin and the Product designer.

Best regards, Alt-team

• casaic
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:22 PM #210

Hello,

I did a test order on my site before launch and when i went to the order details > product designer tab, the loading bar loaded but the product designer never opened up. See image for further explanation.
This is pretty important to have since we are a screen printing business, so we need to see the art supplied to print the product lol :)

Thanks

Attached Files

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2823 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:15 PM #211

Hello,

I did a test order on my site before launch and when i went to the order details > product designer tab, the loading bar loaded but the product designer never opened up. See image for further explanation.
This is pretty important to have since we are a screen printing business, so we need to see the art supplied to print the product lol :)

Thanks

Hello!

It's difficult to say what causes this problem based on a screenshot only. We have replied to you via HelpDesk, please provide us with a temporary ftp access, we will figure out the problem.

Best regards, Alt-team

• jimmyod
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:03 PM #212

Alt-team ,

I downloaded your trial add on and I like it very much. Just a couple questions....
1.When I would generate a print image, what exactly gets generated? I would assume the canvas and what ever the customer added to it. I am not able to generate this with the free mode.
2.Is it possible to not use a canvas? I had tried to make a rectangle with a line width of "0" so that it was invisible and saved it as a .swf although this works in my Corel Draw, it did not work with your add on. I have a ready made plaque as the product and I want the customer to only apply text to this. I will engrave the text. If I made my line color "white" this would engrave into the product.

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2823 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:51 AM #213

Hello jimmyod!

1.When I would generate a print image, what exactly gets generated? I would assume the canvas and what ever the customer added to it. I am not able to generate this with the free mode.

1. You can generate .png or .pdf image. The canvas frame is not generated, only design elements. Also, there is a setting to Include product side image, it this case the image of your product with design elements is generated (good for greeting cards, calendars, etc.)

You can read more information here http://www.alt-team....able-image.html

2.Is it possible to not use a canvas? I had tried to make a rectangle with a line width of "0" so that it was invisible and saved it as a .swf although this works in my Corel Draw, it did not work with your add on. I have a ready made plaque as the product and I want the customer to only apply text to this. I will engrave the text. If I made my line color "white" this would engrave into the product.

2. It is important to add a canvas but you can make it absolutely invisible for customers. Please, read the information here http://www.alt-team....#How_add_canvas There is an Edit icon on top right of a canvas frame, click it and set the border alpha to zero.

If you have more questions or something is still not clear, please ask!

Best regards, Alt-team

• jimmyod
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:49 PM #214

Hello jimmyod!

1. You can generate .png or .pdf image. The canvas frame is not generated, only design elements. Also, there is a setting to Include product side image, it this case the image of your product with design elements is generated (good for greeting cards, calendars, etc.)

You can read more information here http://www.alt-team....able-image.html

2. It is important to add a canvas but you can make it absolutely invisible for customers. Please, read the information here http://www.alt-team....#How_add_canvas There is an Edit icon on top right of a canvas frame, click it and set the border alpha to zero.

If you have more questions or something is still not clear, please ask!

Best regards, Alt-team

Thanks for your quick response. I will take a look at your suggestions. Sounds like you thought of it all.
Thanks,
Jim.

• jimmyod
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:39 PM #215

Very nice, I understand now.
The ratio was throwing me too, but I have that under control as well.
Is it possible to have temporary access to generate a print image so that I can see how well this works or prints for me?
Thanks again.

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4916 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:44 PM #216

Has anyone managed to get the pdfs into adobe illustrator or corel draw and be used as vectors for print and cut?

John

v4.5.2

• jimmyod
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:54 PM #217

Has anyone managed to get the pdfs into adobe illustrator or corel draw and be used as vectors for print and cut?

John

I think that whether or not this can be done depends on whether the initial rendering was done using a vector or raster based program and also how it was saved.

• mrfoameruk
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:51 PM #218

I use to use a program called Vector Magic that can convert a raster image to a vector image.
Obviously not as good as direct vector but did the job. More simple the image the better the result.
Link http://vectormagic.com/home
http://UKBeading.co.uk.....one day I will get round to it and stop playing......

cs cart 4.1.4

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4916 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:44 PM #219

I use to use a program called Vector Magic that can convert a raster image to a vector image.
Obviously not as good as direct vector but did the job. More simple the image the better the result.
Link http://vectormagic.com/home

Thanks, yeah, we use Vectormagic all the time but As the product designer generates .pdfs, I was wondering how it creates them. If I could bring vectors straight into my rip software it would save me tons of time.
We process loads of clothing print orders a day and saving 5 minutes per order=many man hours.

John

v4.5.2

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2823 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:08 AM #220

Very nice, I understand now. The ratio was throwing me too, but I have that under control as well. Is it possible to have temporary access to generate a print image so that I can see how well this works or prints for me? Thanks again.

Hello Jim,

You can try it on our demo site, links are here http://www.alt-team....ner-add-on.html (Try demo tab).

Best regards, Alt-team