• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weird PayPal issue Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ogia
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:35 PM #21

Well, it happened again today. The customer came back to the store and placed another order. It went right over the top of the previous one with the same order number. She got her emails but the store does not have a record of it. I remembered seeing her name in the recent orders list earlier in the day so I strongly suspect the order was there until she came back and placed another order. However, I'm not positive. The cart assigned her the same order number so now I only see the second order in the cart.

I turned off PayPal for now until I can investigate whether or not this has happened to others without them realizing it.
CS-Cart 2.1.3 | Selling downloads
I recommend Newsletter Integration with Mailchimp

• ogia
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:46 PM #22

I'm starting to wonder if this is an issue with the cart not emptying after the order is placed vs. an issue with PayPal.

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:41 AM #23

We seem to be having similar problems on both a CS 1.3.5 sp4, on a CS 2.1.3 and also on a CS 2.1.4 site. For some reason not one Paypal order is returning that they have been "processed". It sounds like our site started doing it about the same time as ogia.

I'm not so sure Paypal Express would be the way for us either. The part that surprised me is the CS 1.3.5 version has been running for quite some time with no changes at all in the code, on the site, in the skin or pretty much anything! Even the SSL has been there for a couple of years. So this just does not make sense why Paypal Standard would just up and quit.

Here is the response I got from Paypal Support...

With Instant Payment Notification, PayPal sends payment notification messages with encrypted code to the specified URL for each payment you receive.
1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
2. Click "Profile" at the top of the page.
3. Click "My Settings."
4. Click "Update" beside Notifications.
5. Enter the notification URL and select "Receive IPN messages."
6. Click "Save."

Don't forget, we're always around if you need us.

I have never heard that I had to have a URL to send the IPN messages back to so this one really threw me for a curve ball. I tried to send a reply back to them about a week ago and I still have not heard back.

My guess is there has got to be others having this issue and there must have been something that Paypal changed or messed up.
Regards,
Jim

• ogia
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:06 AM #24

It sounds like we are experiencing different problems. This thread kind of got off track talking about issues that never affected me.

My PayPal orders were being processed. The customer got an order confirmation email and download links. I got a copy of the order confirmation. However, some customers came back to place another order and their cart was still full of the items they just purchased. The problem was the cart had not been emptied. They emptied the cart manually and placed another order. The cart still had the same order number associated with it, so when the second order was placed, it overwrote the first order. The only proof of the order was the successful payment and the emails that went out.

I need to do some more research because it's possible it could be happening with other payment methods too. However, I disabled PayPal for the time being since I had only had complaints from people paying with PayPal.

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:09 AM #25

Gotcha. Sorry about that. The thread went a few different ways and I thought I had found someone who was having the same issue. I still haven't figured this one out.

Sorry!
Regards,
Jim

• Lime Rikee
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:38 PM #26

There are several that I know of who have this problem:

Order is placed using paypal
Order comes into the store as open
customer doesn't get a receipt
I don't get a notification
Payment is in paypal.

I've ordered from myself using another paypal account
I've returned to the store at the orders landing page
I didn't get a receipt. I did get a notification from paypal
order is Open.

I've turned on and off auto return, tried it both ways.
Both results are exactly the same.

Another person using our web host has a downloadable goods
I ordered from her and followed through from paypal back to the store.
The order went into her store as Open
I did receive a receipt but she didn't get a notification.

It never changed to processed.

This started happening two days ago. It seems like it's something at paypal but then it also seems like it's in the cart but what could have changed two days ago to make this all of a sudden happen?

I'm lost and so are the others who host where I do. We're all getting the same results. Open orders with paypal purchases no matter what your settings are in paypal.
Barb

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3360 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:45 AM #27

Paypal standard, order placed and paid but order is "incomplete" not becoming processed. It started about a week back.

I have also experienced problem when customer places one order and makes another withing hour, order is overwrite and first one vanishes.

PS express checkout works fine.

• Thorny
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:56 PM #28

Just had this same problem start today:
#########
Paypal Standard.
Orders paid OK via Paypal, but not changing to 'Processed'
#########

I've now fixed this, I placed my URL in the IPN section on Paypal simply as https://www.mywebsite.com

It's working lovely again!

I found an old URL in there from a previous cart software that I used many years ago. Never knew it was in there!

Marvellous!

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3360 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:40 PM #29

Just had this same problem start today:
#########
Paypal Standard.
Orders paid OK via Paypal, but not changing to 'Processed'
#########

I've now fixed this, I placed my URL in the IPN section on Paypal simply as https://www.mywebsite.com

It's working lovely again!

I found an old URL in there from a previous cart software that I used many years ago. Never knew it was in there!

Marvellous!

I don't think it is a solution. What if you receive payments from more then one site to same pp account?

• Thorny
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:03 AM #30

I don't think it is a solution. What if you receive payments from more then one site to same pp account?

I can't answer that as it does not apply to me, however I think it's merely a quirk in the Paypal system. CS-cart does not seem to require the IPN, but if Paypal does not have a legitimate URL it seems to create this problem.

It's easy enough to put your URL in the IPN field in Paypal and do a test. If it works then great, if it doesn't then sorry. It worked for me. It's easy enough to switch off the IPN again. 2 minutes to try it.