• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Allow users to create shipments Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:40 PM #1

Does anyone know exactly what this check box "Allow users to create shipments" under "General -> Settings" does?
Chris Edwards

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11645 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:08 AM #2

I believe it enables shipments. Otherwise, there is a single tracking number per order. This is a guess based on code I've seen relating to "use_shipments' as a config setting. Ie. if( Registry::get('config.General.use_shipments') ) .....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:45 PM #3

I vaguely remember that, it didn't seem like it was smooth and/or efficent for tracking multiple shippments.
Chris Edwards

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11645 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:28 PM #4

I think it's the only way to track multiple shipments....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:24 PM #5

I believe it enables shipments. Otherwise, there is a single tracking number per order. This is a guess based on code I've seen relating to "use_shipments' as a config setting. Ie. if( Registry::get('config.General.use_shipments') ) .....

Just saw this option too..still i dont understand what it does...

• colortone
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:23 PM #6

From cs-cart reference guide orders_shipments:

"In CS-Cart, shipments refer to situations when you ship items from a single order in multiple batches and/or at different periods of time. Such batches are treated as separate shipments of one order. This functionality is very useful when you have to deal with back orders regularly.
.... it is necessary to activate this functionality in the administration panel of your store in the section Administration -> Settings -> General. The option to be enabled is Allow users to create shipments."

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:53 PM #7

Thanks Colortone

• jagorny
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:20 PM #8

It is important to note that once you turn this on, a completely different database storage table is used than the prior system - making tracking information inaccessible from order prior to the switch (unless you do some database voodoo to import from the orders_data table to the shipments table).
Jacob Gorny

www.orthodoxmarketplace.com - CS-Cart 2.2.4 Pro (Dedicated)