ADDON: Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP)

EZ Merchant Solutions announces our newest addon to improve your productivity and meet the needs of your demanding business.

Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP) is when a manufacturer requires a merchant NOT to advertise or display an price below a certain amount. Doing so could jeopardize your relationship with the manufacturer or distributor you are working with.

The MAP Pricing Addon allows you to set a MAP price for products in your store. If your ‘price’ (or the discounted price from promotions or other discounts) is lower than the MAP price, the then price is replaced with text similar to “See OUR price in the cart”. The text is a language variable so it’s completely configurable.

Quantity updates and options with variant adjustments do not cause this to be recalculated. However, the changes in pricing and optios adjustments is applied when the item is added to the cart.

A simple screen shot of a product with a List price and a MAP price of $5.50 and a price of $4.50 is shown in the attached screen shot.

Documentation can be viewed in the attachements tab of the prduct detail page which is located at:

[url]http://www.ez-ms.com/addonproducts/map-pricing.html[/url]

or it can be viewed directly from:

[url]http://www.ez-ms.com/docs/map_pricing.pdf[/url]

Priced reasonably at $39.99.

NOTE: Available for 2.1.x only, 2.0.x is not supported at this time. If there’s a demand for 2.0.x it can be done, but there has to be a business reason to do it.]

Very cool addon. I may need this for an upcoming project. FYI, there’s a typo in your link to the addon page.

These fat fingers bite me all the time! Thanks for the catch.

Some manufacturers also state that ‘View Our Price in Cart’ is against their MAP Policy… with this addon, can one change the text to ‘Call for OUR Price’ ?

Thank you.

Yes, it’s a language variable.

Good add-on!

If I purchase this addon, will I have access to the code to make minor modifications, such as NOT displaying the “Normal Price” line, or changing the font size/color, etc?

Sure… Any template changes made in the skins directory will stick until you uninstall/reinstall. If an update modifies a skin, you might have to re-apply your changes. Always best to save a copy of anything you modify.

The “Normal Price” is in a language variable so you can change these as you want.