My hosting accounts got supsend because of cs-cart

I just brought a business plan in lunarpages and only for 4 days my accounts got suspend because of cs-cart … due to high cpu usuage … They refuse to on the site for me unless i fixed cs cart errors and they did not tell me what errors is causing it … i am stumped and lost now

I had a similar problem with Bluehost although they did not suspend my account. I changed hosts to a managed hosting company. I pay more but it’s worth it not to get errors that don’t exist.

what hosting company did you change ?? I would like to know … thanks in advance

I believe is still Roban is currently hosted with CyberLNC via S-Combs (on the forum)

I’ve got hosting via S-Combs as well and have never had a single problem he couldn’t solve :smiley:

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]I believe is still Roban is currently hosted with CyberLNC via S-Combs (on the forum)

I’ve got hosting via S-Combs as well and have never had a single problem he couldn’t solve :D[/QUOTE]

Correct. E-Commerce sites should never be on a shared hosting plan.

I run CS on a dedicated server, and CPU load is on average 1%-5%

altough my memory usage is always at 80-90% with an average of 3000 to 4000 hits a day

Ive recently set one up on a shared host, and the performance is terrible…

very slow to load… and i mean VERY slow…

If you want to keep customers, you need a dedicated server, nothing worse than making a coffee whilst page 1 of a site loads !

[quote name=‘michelle’]I just brought a business plan in lunarpages and only for 4 days my accounts got suspend because of cs-cart … due to high cpu usuage … They refuse to on the site for me unless i fixed cs cart errors and they did not tell me what errors is causing it … i am stumped and lost now[/QUOTE]

I have just purchased csCart though I am unable to download the files from my area (access denied). Oh well. That’s a different problem. I am concerned to read this because we are with lunarpages.com and I really don’t want to pay for managed hosting. Did your cpu usage problems go away with managed hosting??

The problem isn’t really that cs-cart is that ‘overly’ demanding but it is quite query heavy.

Mass hosting farms such as Lunar, Bluehost, 1&1, etc. overcrowd their servers trying to milk every dollar possible. Since they offer bargain pricing, they must do this in order to profit. That usually doesn’t effect standard HTML sites much but greatly impacts the performance of database driven sites.

Database driven sites such as CS-Cart process many queries to and from the database with each page load in order to return the content requested to that visitor. 20 or more simultaneous visitors actively surfing can easily to produce a strain on both CPU and memory (mostly memory). Now when you multiply that by 200 or more accounts on these servers you can easily understand why they don’t want these sites at hosting farms. They can’t support the server load and maintain the quantity of accounts they pack on each server…

Thank you to Jesse and roban above for mentioning our services but the information is slightly misleading.

We do offer shared hosting but in a much more controlled environment than these mass-hosting farms. Our servers will never be overcrowded and are of the highest quality components and located in the most modern data center within the US ‘Softlayer’.

We cater only to legal business related clients and are quite selective. We also do not overly advertise hosting because of this.

Management services are provided as needed to help our clients but they are still in complete control of their sites. We will only step in as requested or in the event of a problem such as hacking or DDOS attempts but, other than that we will remain transparent to your business until needed.

We also maintain dual redundant backups (Daily and Weekly) of all client sites to an additional drive. If there is ever any problems regarding data via equipment failure or client error, it can be restored very quickly without loss and in most cases additional cost.

The fact that we stock many fewer clients per machine plus provide additional services and personal support demands a higher monthly cost.

$19.99 / month for a dedicated IP Commerce site and the additional support above is really not that hard for a business to justify.

We have been discussing the possibilities of offering VPS and Dedicated solutions later this year however that is still undecided at this point.

My company is nearing it’s official announcement of hosting services for CS-C websites. However, if needed I can manually setup a site right away.

All e-commerce sites will have their own dedicated IP at no charge. We also offer a full control panel, ftp access, unlimited email accounts, and much more, and optional installation of CS-C, 256 bit SSL certificates, and a merchant gateway which includes the ability to take all the credit/debit cards, plus checks, from your website, your shop, and the phone. One merchant account serves all. We also have the hardware equipment for lease or purchase. One thing that sets up apart from other merchant accounts is that if you scan an image of a check into the transaction process and get an ap-proval, that check is guaranteed to be paid. The bank will deal with recovery.

(One thing to note, we are not like those high pressure merchant account sales companies that charge huge prices for equipment or programming. They call here every once and a while and I always listen to their spiel, but they’re so slimy that I feel like taking a shower after I hang up.)

PM me for info.

Mike

Yes I agreedd and I swtich back to servage old site and luckily I did not cancell the plan yet and Lunarpages refund me but servage is not good enough for my site … Their sql max query settings is too low and cause a lot of sql errors and i was so happy when I was at lunarpages for 3 days as all these sql errors are gonee and now i have to bear with all these sql errors everyday and thanks god I only signup for 3 months in Servage for a trial and I am looking on for a dedicated server now … was looking at AIT and which cost about 1000 Yearly

[quote name=‘MikeK’]My company is nearing it’s official announcement of hosting services for CS-C websites. However, if needed I can manually setup a site right away.

All e-commerce sites will have their own dedicated IP at no charge. We also offer a full control panel, ftp access, unlimited email accounts, and much more, and optional installation of CS-C, 256 bit SSL certificates, and a merchant gateway which includes the ability to take all the credit/debit cards, plus checks, from your website, your shop, and the phone. One merchant account serves all. We also have the hardware equipment for lease or purchase. One thing that sets up apart from other merchant accounts is that if you scan an image of a check into the transaction process and get an ap-proval, that check is guaranteed to be paid. The bank will deal with recovery.

(One thing to note, we are not like those high pressure merchant account sales companies that charge huge prices for equipment or programming. They call here every once and a while and I always listen to their spiel, but they’re so slimy that I feel like taking a shower after I hang up.)

PM me for info.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I know you wrote this awhile back but I just saw it. My host is axishost and they have been very frustrating when I have asked for help. I’m new and their replies have been curt and rude. The problem I see with that host is that they set me up with a “~” tilde sign in the temporary url address and CS-Cart has already loaded everything with that info being used. Now I"m getting errors and almost half of the problems are coming from the missing ~ sign. Some editors I’ve seen change the “~” sign into E97 or something like that so it won’t even ready a tilde sign. I have no idea why they made that part of my url but it’s causing huge problems. And this is just the beginning for me? Would I be better switching now before things are too far into it and makes changing hosts impossible? Or? Your hosting system sounds good. I’m in the U.S. though. Does it do well for U.S. customers? How much is it? I may have to have CS-cart reinstall my cart on a new host because I’m running into so many problems with the tilde. ------> [url]http://216.66.17.96/~sewdolli/[/url] <-------- the " ~sewdolli " is the problem

What do you suggest? I’d like to switch to a host that understands CS-Cart because I really love the cart and all it has to offer. Im just beginning with this one, but I can’t imagine having a different cart like the two I had years ago.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

Susan

(aka Kristiana)

Hi,

Not to worry, we can fix you right up. My server is located at a data center in Fremont, CA that is part of the internet backbone, so it’s only one hop to the world. We monitor the servers for throughput and add new ones when things start slowing down. It’s not really the amount of websites that matter, it’s the bandwidth they’re using at the same time.

You will also have your own control panel which gives you complete control over your website. No limits on mailboxes, sub-domains, or databases. If you want to run an application, that’s fine, as long as our tech checks it out first. We also offer ECHO merchant services built right into the cart. ECHO is great because it lets you process checks and credit/debit cards electronically from the cart, phone, or mail.

Hosting prices are based on space and bandwidth, but are reasonable. Support is personal. You call, (toll free), and I answer and take care of the problem.

Give me a shout if you want more info.

Mike@NVone.com

(800) 764-7469

I had the same CPU problem too… I found my answer through jaguarpc.com… Prompt and friendly support. Checkout their member forum…and read the feedback.

I have recently moved to Hostgator with a reseller plan, CS-cart seems to work fine, until I needed to upgrade the software. Back-up, restore and upgrade operations from store manager fail (they fail to comply with HostGator’s resources use policy).

[quote name=‘kalexan’]I have recently moved to Hostgator with a reseller plan, CS-cart seems to work fine, until I needed to upgrade the software. Back-up, restore and upgrade operations from store manager fail (they fail to comply with HostGator’s resources use policy).[/QUOTE]

Surprising… we have been using hostgator for last 5 years and have the same reseller account… no issues… contact support, they are prompt.

The site’s database was also recently blocked by hostgator for the same reason (excessive use of resources! )

Hostgator prompt us to move to a dedicated solution.

Site’s visits were between 300-350 per day.

Is cs-cart so “heavy” in resources?!?!??!

Argggg…

smavtron, could you please provide me with some general visit stats of your sites, so as to be sure whether it has to do with high resource consumption or something else?

By the way, after a week, Hostgator suspended the domain again (even mailboxes), and I haven’t received any news from them after 26 hours!

I would like to mentioned that the cart was only visually alterered, cs-cart version 1.3.4 sp2

If it is cs-cart performance, how can I speed it up? For instance, is web support module too “heavy” in resources, so as to shut it down?

I’m using a reseller plan ( not virtual server) on a shared server - obviously with dedicated IP once I have SSL - and it works fine and the price is really good. Their tech support is also fast and uptime is reliable. It is not the fastest but ok for the price I’ve paid.

WWW.ACE-HOST.NET

We have now had our CS-Cart site on shared hosting for a little over a year and have not had any problems.

We did learn VERY quickly that we could not keep all of the languages installed. It ended up being the thing that slowed down our site the most (aside from the fact we have several thousand part numbers). Once we turned off and deleted all languages we didn’t want, we optimized our database and saw a dramatic increase in its speed.

The thing we have learned lately is to turn off bells and whistles (mods/add ons) we did not use. For example, we had the gift registry turned on for a bunch of nuts and bolts.

So I would agree that CS-Cart does have a “load” to it, but I think it can be used on a shared hosting package until you grow enough to move on to something bigger and better.

I know we are not experts on this, but we have 3 of our CS-Cart sites hosted with 1 host and another CS-Cart hosted with a different host. So far, so good.

Thanks,

Clips

I’m not for sure, but I am beginning to think that CS-Cart may struggle when it is on a Windows server. I have read varios threads from other users that say CS-Cart works best on Linux server. After fighting and figthing to try to get a better load time I am beginning to think the whole issue is the fact that the site is loaded on a Windows server.

Since we are on a “shared” package right now, we are going to try a VPS or dedicated server and see how that works.

I do know that I have not had any issues with other sites which are loaded on a Linux server in a “shared” package.

Thanks,

Clips