Change the home page background

Hi,

Does any one know how to change the background of the home page only, with no effect to other pages??

Thanks

Mina.

Judging from the date, you’ve probably already got this figured out, but here’s one way you can go about it:

1)Modify customer/index.tpl :

Change

to

2) In your css file, define a different background or other different styles for: body.homepage {}

Hope that helps.

[quote name=‘jmw’]Judging from the date, you’ve probably already got this figured out, but here’s one way you can go about it:

1)Modify customer/index.tpl :

Change

to

2) In your css file, define a different background or other different styles for: body.homepage {}

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

I am looking to do this for a “non home-page” page, like my about us page. How do I reference that type of page what is the controller classification?

Need to achieve the same thing does this work as I tried the above procedure with no luck.

Any help appreciated.

Can somple help to implement this on v4?

Please follow [url=“Add Dynamic Body Class or ID? - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor Community Forums | Connect with the Community | Find Solutions”]Add Dynamic Body Class or ID? - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor Community Forums | Connect with the Community | Find Solutions

And after that you can add css styles to any page from the website ;)

#homepage

<br />
body#index.index{}<br />

```<br />
#all categories```php
<br />
body#categories{}<br />

```#specific category (ex:for category_id=1)```php
<br />
body#categories.category1{}<br />

```<br />
#all pages```php
<br />
body#pages{}<br />

```#specific page(ex:for page_id=1)```php
<br />
body#pages.page1{}<br />

```<br />
<br />
I hope that helps,<br />
<br />
---<br />
Valentin<br />
[color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color]

Just to let you know, Valentin's way works really sweet. I have it on a couple of sites and it does exactly what he says it does.

Thanks,

Brandon

Thank you Brandon for the good words ;)

Valentin

[color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color]

I am sorry but I have the Multivendor 4.1.5 version. Where in the world do I find the

----------------------> /skin/basic/costumer/style.css. I to upload a HD on my homepage only.

I am sorry but I have the Multivendor 4.1.5 version. Where in the world do I find the

----------------------> /skin/basic/costumer/style.css. I to upload a HD on my homepage only.

In version 4.x.x you can make CSS changes via Custom CSS section of the Theme editor (http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.5.x/user_guide/look_and_feel/themes/theme_editor.html)

Note that in new versions you should use

instead of

Thanks for the quick response @ CS-Cart team and eComLabs. However, just to be clear, I am looking to upload a background image only on the homepage like Bing Search. @ eComLabs, where do I find the area to put the code you suggested (below)?

Note that in new versions you should use

{if $runtime.controller == "index"}class="homepage"{/if}>

instead of

{if $controller == "index"}class="homepage"{/if}>

The body tag can be found here:

design/themes/THEME/templates/index.tpl

As for the ability to upload background image for the home page, additional code modifications are required. There is no easy way to do it