User group Product Options - Variation Pricing

I have two user groups who pay a different price for each product, I set that up under qty discounts so one group pays the full price, another group pays 1/3 one third the full price so a product with MSRP of $183.00 a dealer group would pay $61.00.

Each product though has variations and each variation/combination has it’s own price. A variation might be a different finish type on the product that costs $225.00 so the modifier is set to $42 so that regular users who pay full MSRP $183.00 and select a different product option the price goes up to $225.00 but dealer prices who pay only 1/3 MSRP if logged in and they select a product option from $61 regular price it adds the $42 making the product price $103 when it should only go up to $75 since $75 is 1/3 of 225.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to set this up. The only thing I can think of is instead of using product options to create individual products for every possibly combination then i’d have to create related products manually again since there’s no way to automatically setup related products. I’m hoping it can be done with product variations/options but doesnt look like it… any help would be really appreciated.

If the solution I provided you in PM works, please publish it here so other users can benefit. Otherwise, please make a consulting donation at my web site for the private consulting. [url]http://www.ez-ms.com/services-1/consulting-services.html[/url]

The solution was to create a catalog promotion with condition user group == Dealers with bonus of to percentage of original price at 33% but to get the exact amount it must be 33.3333333333333333% otherwise your off a dollar and change.

[quote name='panag' timestamp='1297181950' post='103367']

I have two user groups who pay a different price for each product, I set that up under qty discounts so one group pays the full price, another group pays 1/3 one third the full price so a product with MSRP of $183.00 a dealer group would pay $61.00.

Each product though has variations and each variation/combination has it's own price. A variation might be a different finish type on the product that costs $225.00 so the modifier is set to $42 so that regular users who pay full MSRP $183.00 and select a different product option the price goes up to $225.00 but dealer prices who pay only 1/3 MSRP if logged in and they select a product option from $61 regular price it adds the $42 making the product price $103 when it should only go up to $75 since $75 is 1/3 of 225.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to set this up. The only thing I can think of is instead of using product options to create individual products for every possibly combination then i'd have to create related products manually again since there's no way to automatically setup related products. I'm hoping it can be done with product variations/options but doesnt look like it… any help would be really appreciated.

[/quote]

My needs are similar to your post.I too have two user groups, each products have product options with list of quantities, prices are assigned for each set of quantities and price will be differ based on option and quantity they chose. This price for each set of quantites will be differ for both the user groups. Can anyone suggest how to do this?