• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Release Candidate of the CS-Cart Professional edition v2.1.3 Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:03 PM #81

Very interesting. I've just started moving in to the 2.? of CS-Cart this year

admin.php?dispatch=settings.manage§ion_id=Appearance
Display product tabs as a list = "Checked"

2.1.x

Hi Jim, this is now all done with blocks so you won't find any mention of tabs anymore, you just use the block manager and create blocks in the details area and they show up as blocks, they can be displayed vertically or horizontally (tabbed).

I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:21 PM #82

I guess that explains why I couldn't find it. Sounds like they changed this about the same time they changed the mini cart. I kind of completely skipped the 2.0 versions so I really have no idea what those did, other than what I read on the forums.

I'm still not so sure I like the look and feel of Amazon with the LONG page. Has anyone else done this and had any better results?
Regards,
Jim

• derbytown502
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:39 PM #83

I think it all depends on what type of info you're displaying in the tabs. If it's just the description, tags, send to friend and reviews without any current reviews, then I'd just leave it as tabs.

However, If you have lots of product features, lots of reviews and a product description, then I'd probably make it easier for the customer to see and leave them open down the page.

Either way I don't think one or the other will hurt you in any way unless you have tons of reviews that would make the page very long.

Stu

• olstr
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:58 AM #84

Hi, all in cs World.
This is my first post.
I would like to say thanks to all that are always supporting the forum
you know who you are and you make it so much better for novices or
store owners with little or no experience to shed light on the darkest moments.
Tanks for your help.

I have xampp installed on my local computer xp works fine with the free
version.
I tried installing the Release Candidate of the CS-Cart Professional edition v2.1.3,
Had to extracted twice to open it. Now when I try to install it gives me error.I tried http://localhost/cscart/install and I tried with the folder name which is not cscart but no still error. Is there someone that might understand better than me what is it that I am doing wrong, Thankz

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:55 AM #85

Hello Traveler,

Thank you for the explanation. I see what you need (at least, I think so).

If you check the "Free shipping" checkbox for a product, the price of this product will not be counted as a total order price for shipping calculation.

Product A ($25) + Product B ($10) = Order total for shipping ($35)
Product A ($25) + Product B Free shipping ($10) = Order total for shipping ($25)

But if Product B has Free shipping, the shipping freight of this product does not count as well as its cost.
In other words, the current functionality does not allow this.
But you can make a small code change and you will get the required functionality as a result.

Open fn.cart.php file.
Find this function: fn_calculate_shipping_rates.
Find this code:

$shipping_freight = 0;
               foreach ($cart_products as $v) {
                      if (($v['is_edp'] != 'Y' || ($v['is_edp'] == 'Y' && $v['edp_shipping'] == 'Y')) && $v['free_shipping'] != 'Y') {
                             $shipping_freight += ($v['shipping_freight'] * $v['amount']);
                      }
               }
And remove
&& $v['free_shipping'] != 'Y'
in the condition.

And now you should create your "XYZ" product with free shipping and $2 shipping freight. And when you buy it, the shipping cost will be $2 (as you need).

Thank you.

Alexander,

I gave your code a try, and it did not seem to work on 2.1.3 the current version.

Is there some small change perhaps that I need to make?

Spasibo!

Version 4.13.3

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:50 PM #86

Alexander,

I gave your code a try, and it did not seem to work on 2.1.3 the current version.

Is there some small change perhaps that I need to make?

Spasibo!

I am wondering did you perhaps post your reply somewhere else?

Thank you.

Version 4.13.3

• alexions
  • Architect
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:33 PM #87

Dear Traveler,

Yes, my code will not work for the new version. You should ask our support team or custom development to help you with this mod (it is not difficult and will not take a lot of time).

Thank you.
Alexander Zinovyev,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:33 AM #88

Dear Alexander,

Thank you for trying to help it seems that we had a communication problem - I am sorry.

I assumed that because we were talking about 2.1.3 that your solution would be for that.

It did not occur to me that your reply would only work on 2.1.2 or I would not have asked you to help.

I am not having good luck with your development department so I will try to solve the problem some other way.

It is the thought that counts - spasibo.

Version 4.13.3

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:38 AM #89

Dear friends you are welcome to express your thoughts regarding the mini-cart functionality at http://forum.cs-cart...ad.php?p=112378
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug