• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do I install the upgrades Rate Topic   - - - - -

• joelees
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:04 PM #1

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how I install the upgrade files how do I get them to show in the upgrade panel in admin area and doing so would I have to re-edit config, logos, all my products, est and temp pages currently being used by completing the upgrade each time ?

joelees

• joelees
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:17 PM #2

Well seeing how I have not heard from anyone who knows how to install the upgrades I assume they are useless unless you do a complete re-install . Thanks

• nstephens
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:28 PM #3

bump - I would like to see the answer to this one myself....

• Jacarent
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:19 AM #4

I've had no luck with the upgrades... I usually end up installing a new version and downloading the products as a CSV file and uploading them in the new "upgraded" site. The problem with this is that you loose customer info. I copy the tables manually by dumping them and reading them in the new location but this may be a problems if changes to the table took place. I really screwed up a couple of sites by using the tool that was provided so I am not sure what to do...

Right now I have a site that needs to be upgraded and I am really very concern about doing this...

So I will be watching this thread... Outside of having CS-Cart doing it I am not sure what the "right" answer to this one is...

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:53 AM #5

If you know PHP/SQL well enough you can attempt a manual upgrade.
This in most cases gives you exactly what the store manager would be doing anyway.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• hans
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:09 PM #6

I fiddled around with the store manager for the first time. I think I have 1.3.3 version live and I'm planning to upgrade to newest (1.3.4-sp2). Installing and running the Store Manager left me with 178 changed files. I'm going to need some time to check all these files. Before I do...

178 seems a lot of changed files. I edited maybe 20 tpl files max to create my own look and feel. And also changed database tablenames (some php/tpl files still have tablenames hardcoded) but 178 files is too much.

- How do I know which version of CS-Cart I'm runnig?
Maybe I need updating to 1.3.4-sp1 first before updating to 1.3.4-sp2?

- What changed code is checked during upgrade?
Some files that were identified as changed had only the updated "$id" string
// $Id: products.php 1048 2005-12-22 12:42:12Z zeke $
How can that be?

In my admin "upgrade center" area version "1.3.3" is listed. Do I have to upgrade to 1.3.3-sp2 first?

• YouRockDaddy
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:54 PM #7

Bump, I need help with this as well.

• hans
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:16 PM #8

*bump*
nobody?

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:08 PM #9

If you know PHP/SQL well enough you can attempt a manual upgrade.
This in most cases gives you exactly what the store manager would be doing anyway.

If you require specialized help it's best that you contact CS-Support.
I would love to help you guys and having said I'm willing but a store upgrade from 1.3.3 is going to take a few hours, and offline you will be for a while.
Let me know if you still need help.

PS: Overall, Upgrade to the latest build where possible first otherwise try a staged approach. 1.3.3-> 1.3.4-> 1.3.4 Sp-> 1.3.4Sp2

Jesse
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:09 AM #10

The most important factor in all of this....

BACKUP YOUR ENTIRE STORE / DATABASES BEFORE UPDATING !

It doesnt always go as planned, at least with a backup you are somewhat safer !
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]