Resizing all product images?

Hi

So lets say you create all you product images at a size of 150x150 and then later you decide that they should all be 300x300 you can change the size in admin but it does not resize all the exisiting images only new one that get added

Do I need to do soemthing in order to resize the existing ones?

Thanks

B

There used to be a “regenerate thumbnails” in 2.0.12 but I am strugglin to fing it now

too

john

Are you talking about product images or thumbnails? If you are talking about the product images, they will show at the size you upload them. If you mean the thumbnails, you will need to regenerate them.

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]There used to be a “regenerate thumbnails” in 2.0.12 but I am strugglin to fing it now

too

john[/QUOTE]

Good old 2.0.12! I looked in the newest version and it still has the global update link next to the bulk product addition link in the products tab. However, when you click global update, the regenerate thumbnail size is gone.:shock:

Even if it did exist I believe it was listed in the forums as a “bad idea” to update your images in this way. The preferred method I’m thinking was to export the images, then re-import them back in under the new settings.

I thought that Cs had resolved this issue with automatically regenerating the thumbnails when you reassign a new size from within the thumbnail settings? Guess they didn’t:???:

I’ve got like 10 different sizes of thumbnails because of this very reason. Hope my very, very kind developer…hint,hint…will take care of this for us when the time comes:D

Stu

I was also looking for this earlier.

BUt if you export and re-import them won’t they look stretched and pixelated if you increase the size of the image from the default?

Probably J1mmy, the best thing to do is use your original images and import them again at the best size you want them after deleting the old ones.(or probably better to re name the old folder and recreate it to uplod your new ones to) just in case something goes wrong, then if all ok they can then be deleted

JOhn

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Probably J1mmy, the best thing to do is use your original images and import them again at the best size you want them after deleting the old ones.(or probably better to re name the old folder and recreate it to uplod your new ones to) just in case something goes wrong, then if all ok they can then be deleted

JOhn[/QUOTE]

So that means this resizing can be done in one batch through importing the images? Or will I have to add the images one by one?

[quote name=‘badmaash’]So that means this resizing can be done in one batch through importing the images? Or will I have to add the images one by one?[/QUOTE]

Thats what I did, I renamed the old folders to something else and recrated new folders with the correct names, i.e. images/detailed images/thumbnails then re sized all my original images on my pc with something like mariosoft image resizer to the same measurements I have listed in CS Cart for each image Then ftp them up to the new empty folders either detailed or thumbnail.

Then just import my previously exported product codes with the new image file path (which is the same as the original path anyway as its just the image size you have changed and uploaded)

CS will then bring in the new images at the new sizes and display them correctly.

Just remember to makwe sure before you import to put the size in the thumbnail section etc that you want to match so you dont have to do it all again.

Also while your doing all your image I think Mariosoft has a watermark feature when re sizing you may want to make use of

do a test of just a couple first so you ar esure its works and only delete or download to local pc your old image folders when you are completely happy

Thnaks

JOhn