• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Placing the order. Please be patient... Rate Topic   - - - - -

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12091 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:04 AM #41

I didn't realize you were running 2.1.0.... That version had a major template bug that caused templates to be recached on almost every access.... I would do as Jesse suggests and upgrade to 2.1.2 (and apply fixes you can find becuase there are problems there too - but fewer than you probably have now). Then after 2.1.3 comes out you can determine whether to upgrade to that version.

I would not use mysql as the cache method. Either use sqlite or files.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Guest_Unregistered_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:13 AM #42

They basically upgraded your cache system to 2.1.2
Time for you to stop busting nuts and just upgrade :rolleyes:

Jesse,
You are probably right! I didn't even realize that we were so behind the curve. How do you tell what version you are running?

I didn't realize you were running 2.1.0.... That version had a major template bug that caused templates to be recached on almost every access.... I would do as Jesse suggests and upgrade to 2.1.2 (and apply fixes you can find becuase there are problems there too - but fewer than you probably have now). Then after 2.1.3 comes out you can determine whether to upgrade to that version.

It sounds like I need to upgrade as soon as possible. Last time we accepted one of the upgrade notifications, our cart broke. So I am understandably a little hesitant.

Thanks again for all the great help. Hopefully this thread can be of use to someone in the future.

• cory1970
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:13 AM #43

They basically upgraded your cache system to 2.1.2
Time for you to stop busting nuts and just upgrade :rolleyes:

Jesse,
You are probably right! I didn't even realize that we were so behind the curve. How do you tell what version you are running?

It sounds like I need to upgrade as soon as possible. Last time we accepted one of the upgrade notifications, our cart broke. So I am understandably a little hesitant.

Thanks again for all the great help. Hopefully this thread can be of use to someone in the future.

• cory1970
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:29 AM #44

I just switched the caching back to sqlite as recomended by tbirnseth. All times begin at when "place order" is clicked on the checkout page and end when the confirmation page loads. Here are my current checkout times in seconds:

I will report back in a few days.

Thanks!

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12091 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:46 AM #45

I just switched the caching back to sqlite as recomended by tbirnseth. All times begin at when "place order" is clicked on the checkout page and end when the confirmation page loads. Here are my current checkout times in seconds:

It's all moot unless you apply the fix in the bug tracker regarding changes to the templater. Major performance problem....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• cory1970
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:09 AM #46

It's all moot unless you apply the fix in the bug tracker regarding changes to the templater. Major performance problem....

The times were for reference to previous changes. I am sure there is someone using the same version the might be able to pick up some knowledge, even if the conculsion is upgrading versions.

tbirnseth, will I need to upgrade versions to fix the problems in the templater or are there patches?

Thanks

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12091 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:09 AM #47

There is a patch in the bug tracker. Search for something like 'template' or 'performance' it was one of the 1st bugs fixed in 2.1.0...

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:03 PM #48

Jesse,

2.0.15 for my live store, I can't upgrade to 2.1.x until CS-Cart fix jquery & the cart/checkout mini-cart.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12091 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:37 PM #49

Pretty funniy that 2 of the most prolific posters on the forums are waiting for the mini-cart to be returned but imac wants everyone to vote on it.