Help figure out why my Flash is covering the drop down top menu links?

Hi My flash inside the central block is covering the drop down top menu and I need help figuring out how to put the drop down menu in front of the flash. I am attaching a photo to show you. Can someone please assist me with fixing this problem. Full details would be greatly appreciated as I am a newbbie with codes and css.

[ATTACH]2158[/ATTACH]

Thanks A Bunch!

AlmondJoy

flash.jpg

Almond,

Have you tried changing you z-index for the dropdown css? If you can provide a link I’m sure that we can figure it out.

Brandon

Check out this post

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Almond,

Have you tried changing you z-index for the dropdown css? If you can provide a link I’m sure that we can figure it out.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Hi Brandon~ I am not css savy nor do I know coding. I know flash /html only. moved the catergory links lower because the fly out menu was behind the flash just like the top menu.

thank you for responding,

AlmondJoy

Almond,

No problem, I totally understand.

On line 15 of skins/your-skin/customer/dropdown.css you have the z-index set to 1, just change it to something like 1000 and you should be all set.

Basically change:

ul.dropdown {
position:relative;
z-index:1;
}

To:

ul.dropdown {
position:relative;
z-index:1000;
}

Hope that helps,

Brandon

Almond,

One quick thing. Is your site still under development or are you “live”? The reason I ask is that your top menu has no background and it is really hard to read the words.

Just thought you might like to know.

Brandon

Hi I tried the code and it didn’t work.

What browser are you using? My Top menu has a background color in IE. Also, if you see the attached picture in the earlier response you can see there is a background color in the snapshot.

Thank You

Almond

Your header image is not lined up correctly in Firefox 3.6.12 for me. See the attached image.

Edit: removed screenshot at the request of almondjoy

Hi almondjjoy,

I think Brandon is refering to the menu right above the search box. It is very hard to notice unless you put the mouse over it. I’ve attached a pic with the area highlighted. I’m using IE8.

Edit: Attachment removed by request of almondjjoy.

Wow!!! THANK YOU. Weird because I thought I was/am using IE8 but I guess not. Because it doesn’t look like that at all on my screen.

I’m seriously confused now. need coffee

Almond:(

screenshot.jpg

Stupid browser difference. It’s definitely an annoying part of designing.

As for the code I gave you, I guess I didn’t read your first post right the first time, sorry.

Your top dropdown works perfect for me in FF 3.6.12, but in IE8 I can see what you problem is.

It’s hard to tell exactly what to fix because it is in two different browsers, but I’d try adding z-index:1000; to:

#top_menu ul.dropdown-vertical-rtl on line 77 of dropdown.css

This is kind of a guess though.

Brandon

Thank you for your help. Its has been fixed! thank you Brandon for your help!

I appreciate you fixing the problems.

Regards

AlmondJoy

I have similar problem with sideblock vertical category menu - the expanded subcategories goes behind the central content?

Which style in dropdown.css to edit to fix it - I tried to guess it but still no success?

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1290299451' post='95719']

Stupid browser difference. It's definitely an annoying part of designing.

As for the code I gave you, I guess I didn't read your first post right the first time, sorry.

Your top dropdown works perfect for me in FF 3.6.12, but in IE8 I can see what you problem is.

It's hard to tell exactly what to fix because it is in two different browsers, but I'd try adding z-index:1000; to:

#top_menu ul.dropdown-vertical-rtl on line 77 of dropdown.css

This is kind of a guess though.

Brandon

[/quote]