Zapped Thread - Offtopic conversations about unrelated hosting company

@ utilityempire

[quote]…Telephone support…???[/quote]What whould you tell them on the phone??? That your server or site is down? Will the phone communication speed up to resolve an issue??? NO, just you pay more for the people they are talking with you-that’s all.

Indy,

Not sure what to tell you except that you are totally wrong. I’ve talked to a few different hosts over the phone for different people’s websites and it has made things go way easier.

I’ve talked to Wired Tree, ServInt, and even GoDaddy over the phone. Wired Tree and ServInt were excellent on the phone and helped me out right away. I was also impressed with GoDaddy’s support. While I don’t like their hosting at all I will admit that their tech support was pretty good and was helpful to resolve the things I needed help with.

While I usually use messaging or email for my suport I’m very happy that I’m with a host that has 24/7 phone support and feel that it is very important.

Brandon

[quote name=‘indy0077’]@ utilityempire

What whould you tell them on the phone??? That your server or site is down? Will the phone communication speed up to resolve an issue??? NO, just you pay more for the people they are talking with you-that’s all.[/QUOTE]

God forbid anyone has a different opinion to you or suggests something that the host you plug doesn’t offer!

Did I say phone support only? No, I did not. I mentioned it along with other support options. Main point is 24/7 support.

I normally use live chat but I did have an instance where telephone support got an issue resolved that live chat didn’t.

Telephone support is handy if a support ticket doesn’t appear to be getting resolved our looked at. It’s a lot harder to ignore sum one when they are on the phone. I’ve tried the hosting company you flog and it was NOT a good experience at all. The test site was painfully slow.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Indy,

Not sure what to tell you except that you are totally wrong. I’ve talked to a few different hosts over the phone for different people’s websites and it has made things go way easier.

I’ve talked to Wired Tree, ServInt, and even GoDaddy over the phone. Wired Tree and ServInt were excellent on the phone and helped me out right away. I was also impressed with GoDaddy’s support. While I don’t like their hosting at all I will admit that their tech support was pretty good and was helpful to resolve the things I needed help with.

While I usually use messaging or email for my suport I’m very happy that I’m with a host that has 24/7 phone support and feel that it is very important.

Brandon[/quote]

What kind of issues did you have?

[quote name=‘utilityempire’]No, I did not. I mentioned it along with other support options. Main point is 24/7 support.[/quote]

Then np with Martfox support…

[quote name=‘utilityempire’]Telephone support is handy if a support ticket doesn’t appear to be getting resolved our looked at…[/quote]

Do you believe, the call will seed it up??? No, the person can just tell you that what will be told through a ticket or email.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Then np with Martfox support…[/QUOTE]

Wasn’t aware the poster had asked anything about Martfox so not sure what you have contributed to this thread.

Well, apart from the obvious plug you just gave Martfox of course.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Do you believe, the call will seed it up??? No, the person can just tell you that what will be told through a ticket or email.[/QUOTE]

I beleive I gave you an example of how it helped in my previous post but in case you missed it:-

“I normally use live chat but I did have an instance where telephone support got an issue resolved that live chat didn’t.”

Your the one that is making the big deal about telephone support, not me. I suggested it with other options.

Would I go with a host that didn’t offer some form of Live Chat/Phone Support? No, I wouldn’t.

Why? Because these two options do get things resolved quicker than a ticket/email. That is based on my experience.

And, in case you missed it again:-

“I normally use live chat…”

So it’s clear your the one making the big deal out of phone support. Not me.

This thread has been created from the offtopic posts in it’s original thread.

Indy007 will be unable to reply until the 26th of November due to administrative action.