Hosting

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]I didn’t know where to place this so forgive me if this is incorrect…

Out of the hosting companies listed on the CS-Cart site, is there any one that is exceptional and any that I should avoid ? I am in the process of looking for a new hosting service and don’t want to make any mistakes.

Thanks in advance…[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Nobody’s perfect but reading here and there, it looks like the one I’m with is above the average. 24/7 tel. support + live chat to different departments, a few admins on stand by. So far, so good. I do not want to start flames here so, PM me for more details. I’m not a reseller nor affiliate and not getting even 1 pence of it. Just recommending good guys.

I know there are at least a couple of us here on this board who host on Wired Tree. So far it has been a great experience. Their support is top notch, they have quality hardware and bandwidth and were very helpful in initial setup.

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]I know there are at least a couple of us here on this board who host on Wired Tree. So far it has been a great experience. Their support is top notch, they have quality hardware and bandwidth and were very helpful in initial setup.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]I just looked at wiredtree.com assuming that is their domain :slight_smile:

From what I can see, their packages start off at $ 135.00 a month. The way things are right now that is more than we can handle.

Did I miss any other info on hosting on that site ?

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]I know there are at least a couple of us here on this board who host on Wired Tree. So far it has been a great experience. Their support is top notch, they have quality hardware and bandwidth and were very helpful in initial setup.[/QUOTE]

We too have gone with a VPS from Wiredtree and have been very pleased with their service so far. We hope to make it a very long stay as we are with most host for several years.

On the price, maybe you can do the VPS which is a lot lower?

Dawn,

I’m on a Wired Tree VPS and am very happy with it. The customer support is great and any problems I’ve had have been taken care of very quickly.

I have the 1024 MB VPS. I used the coupon code V1024-205050 to get the VPS. With this code I get 20% off for the lifetime of my account and 50% off for the first two months.

My current bill is about $40 per month, but my two months are about up so my bill should increase to somewhere between $60 and $70.

I’d recommend Wired Tree to anyone looking for a VPS.

Brandon

I host with Secure Cart Hosting for the past year. They do a fantastic job. They are very knowledgeable about CS-Cart and they are very responsive. They are also reasonably priced.

Adam

Just to throw another into the mix, there a few of us on MDDHosting.com. They are a great hosting company with great service. They are one of the few who offer the Litespeed web server which we have found makes a big difference in page loads especially when in SSL mode.

No matter who you choose, the one thing I would absolutely do is to make sure you host with a company with US based servers (seeing as you are in AZ) and 24/7 phone and/or ticket support.

[quote name=‘ChrisW’]No matter who you choose, the one thing I would absolutely do is to make sure you host with a company with US based servers (seeing as you are in AZ) and 24/7 phone and/or ticket support.[/QUOTE]

I would 100% agree with this. Always host your server in the same location as the majority of your customers. Locating it elsewhere can just add to the difficulty of keeping your site responsive.

Don’t underestimate the importance of 24/7 support. Any decent, professional hosts should be providing 24/7 support. My current host provides Live Chat, Telephone support, Ticket, Email and forum support 24/7. It’s worth paying extra to have this extra peace of mind as you never know when you may need it.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]@ utilityempire

What whould you tell them on the phone??? That your server or site is down? Will the phone communication speed up to resolve an issue??? NO, just you pay more for the people they are talking with you-that’s all.[/QUOTE]

Just to take you up on the “…just pay more…” comment.

The host I’m with is UK based, offers all the support options I mentioned and I’m paying less to them than I would pay to Martfox for a much better specced VPS.

So not sure why you seem to think you pay more for hosting with Live Chat/Phone Support when that isn’t the case.

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]I host with Secure Cart Hosting for the past year. They do a fantastic job. They are very knowledgeable about CS-Cart and they are very responsive. They are also reasonably priced.

Adam[/QUOTE]

I agree. We also use Secure Cart Hosting and since Scott’s return we’ve been thrilled with the service and speed. Hands down the best all around price, service and performance ratio. Good job guys!

Stu

Stay away from the mom and pop hosts and go with the big boys. We have several customers on http://www.liquidweb.com with no problems, You can get a VPS for $60/month but if you talk to Sales they will give you a lifetime discount $50/month - Sno

For you, Wiredtree looks very good. Good pricing and US based and many happy customers. I’d gone there if they were based in Europe.

Their dedicated hosting starts at $135 but why not start with a VPS? They start at $49 dollar and this should be plenty for running a normal shop. Use the discount code and it’s even cheaper.

I also read many good things about Secure cart hosting. Scott is an active member here and his hosting is specialized in cs-cart.

I really don’t see the point of telephone support myself.

When would you call them? When your server is down, probably. And so will all their other customers. This will only disturb them with solving the problem. In fact, I know many providers with phone support who play a message in times like this.

My provider (European, so maybe not interesting for you) has 24/7 e-mail support and answers within 15 mins guaranteed. They also have a 1 hour hardware replacement guarantee in case anything breaks down. That’s good enough for me.

They have also been very helpful. They installed my cart, moved my websites, and helped me with numerous problems I had like turning on SEO in cs-cart. Within 15 mins :slight_smile:

Good luck making your decision!

I am using one of the Hybrids on WiredTree which gives you a nice medium between dedicated and VPS since you get a dedicated CPU and 2 GB of RAM for $99.

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]MANY thanks everyone for so many ideas and options. I will check them all out & see what works for us.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name=‘DawnG’][SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]MANY thanks everyone for so many ideas and options. I will check them all out & see what works for us.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Good luck in your search.

CLOOK :o

Barry is right. I heard about Clook guys many times and only good things. Never tried them but they seem to be good ones.

[quote name=‘Noman’]Barry is right. I heard about Clook guys many times and only good things. Never tried them but they seem to be good ones.[/QUOTE]

They don’t have VPS’s available in the US according to their site.

Let’s sell them one! Where’s Indy007? :wink: