Large files download problem - How to fix?

Hi all,

we sell some very large digital products. For example ZIP files with 1.5GB per file.

With fast internet access the download over CS ist done in 3 minutes, great.

With a small bandwidth same download needs more time to be finished. But after ca. 1 hour all

downloads stops and files are incomplete and corrupt. So the download from bought products

is not possible for the user. That’s bad. I can reproduce this again and again.

We’ve this problem only with CS download links (for example: …dispatch=products.getfile&file_id=12345).

Same files and direct downloads without CS cart system = fine, 3 hours per file,

no interruption, valid files.

I guess there is anyone time limit in the CS system and downloads over a longer time period

are not possible by default. I tryed to change some PHP flags like “max_execution_time” to

fix this problem. No results. Can’t find anyone setup point for this issue. Or is this just a bug?!

I hope anyone can help me. Is there anyone point which I can change in server settings or

can I place anyone hack into the shop system to hold the connection over alonger time period?

Thanks! BTW our system is CS 2.0.15.

All th best

Michael

I don’t know the reason, but If you have several files in the ZIP afchive may be you can separate them into several ZIP archives, that have less file size. Therefore the Buyer can download them while you find the solution of the problem. Or if you have just one big file you may make RAR archive divided into several parts.

[quote name=‘breezee’]I don’t know the reason, but If you have several files in the ZIP afchive may be you can separate them into several ZIP archives, that have less file size. Therefore the Buyer can download them while you find the solution of the problem. Or if you have just one big file you may make RAR archive divided into several parts.[/QUOTE]

Hi breezee,

thank you for responce. That’s an option but not a solution. We’ve some large downloads and it’s anyone wrong with CS. I hope anyone can tell which setup works.

All the bestm

Michael

I have the same problem. I had issues just attaching a big file to a product, it would give me an error message. I tried several times but it never successfully finished. Doesn't anyone have a solution? Videos are easily over a GB. I have problems with files over 400 MB. Anything under works fine.

In the root of your store, edit config.local.php, change the values to something more appropriate, always fixed file size errors for me:

// Set maximum memory limit
if (PHP_INT_SIZE == 4 && (substr(ini_get('memory_limit'), 0, -1) < "48")) {
// 32bit PHP
@ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');
} elseif (PHP_INT_SIZE == 8 && (substr(ini_get('memory_limit'), 0, -1) < "256")) {
// 64bit PHP
@ini_set('memory_limit', '512M');
}

I was having the same issue with files larger than 1.5GB when attaching them to a Product using Server, I would get some error message and the database wouldn't get updated.

I am using MV 3.0.4 …

One of the CSC Techs figured out that the mySQL connection was being lost due to the length of time that file copy took. He changed the copy command to a move command in fn.catalog.php and fn.fs.php, problem resolved.