Downloadable Products Issue

If you have a downloadable product and you add another file to that product (a patch, update, whatever), existing customers that own that product see The “download link is expired or is not ready” in their “Downloads” area. :confused:

I can go to each order and click “Save” and the new download is then available.

Any ideas how to mod this (or at least where to look) so I don’t have to click Save on each order?

Thanks

James

No one?

You can have a look at how I got around this at My link www.drpetersnews.com under 'free downloads'. I uploaded the file as an Attachment.

I still have the message which says “download link is expired or is not ready” but I changed the wording, under Administration/Languages, to “Please wait for email confirmation of download link”

I could have changed it to “Please wait for email confirmation of download link by next working day” so that visitors will not be checking their email every few minutes for the email.

I can't upload the file as an attachment as that would be giving it away for free.

[quote name='peter.achutha' timestamp='1311396613' post='118054']

You can have a look at how I got around this at My link www.drpetersnews.com under 'free downloads'. I uploaded the file as an Attachment.

I still have the message which says “download link is expired or is not ready” but I changed the wording, under Administration/Languages, to “Please wait for email confirmation of download link”

I could have changed it to “Please wait for email confirmation of download link by next working day” so that visitors will not be checking their email every few minutes for the email.

[/quote]

Did you ever find a way to do this?

I am having this same problem 11 years later.

Please check our answer here

https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/60984-getting-the-message-download-link-is-expired/#entry335409