Configure default option selected

Hey guys,

So for products where I have 5 different sizes (XS, S, M, L, XL), I want the XS to be selected by default.

Currently, the XL comes up as the default. Is there a way to specify which option gets picked by default?

Thanks!

[quote name=‘ProsForPros’]Hey guys,

So for products where I have 5 different sizes (XS, S, M, L, XL), I want the XS to be selected by default.

Currently, the XL comes up as the default. Is there a way to specify which option gets picked by default?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Have you tried to use position of the variant?

I have the same problem. The variants are in the position I want but the software picks what appears to be the lowest ‘option value number’ (from Firebug). Any answer to this? Cheers Greg

when setting the size options they should be numbered low to high as how you want the order.

10 small

20 med

30 lge

etc etc in the above small would be the default

I have the options set as I want but the default is not the first option (10 for example). In fact it defaults to the second value. When I examine the code with firebug it shows the default to be the lowest ‘option value number’ which is not the same as the value I have given my options! Any ideas? Cheers Greg

I have had similar problems with the options and I am currently getting some quotes to have an addon made for the options which will work the same as on this link: [url]http://www.presto-changeo.com/awp/product.php?id_product=6[/url]

Currently i have a quote of $300 to make this addon and I have purchased a copy of the files ready for conversion to a cs-cart addon

if anybody wants to chip in for this mod please feel free to pm me

John

[QUOTE]I have the options set as I want but the default is not the first option (10 for example). In fact it defaults to the second value.[/QUOTE]

After setting the option positioning values in the order you desire, try rebuilding the combinations (rebuild combinations link) and the first option should then be displayed as the default.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’ve been through all the stuff I think I need to, e.g. rebuilding the options. Still makes no difference.

Did you try rebuilding the combinations again after you changed the numerical ordering of the options?

Yes i did that. Changed the values and then rebuilt to combinations.

This works for us, I just verified it again.

Did you clear your CS-Cart cache after making these changes?

Hi - Yip, cleared the cache - really done all the obvious things. Thanks for the input but I’m still no further forward!

[QUOTE]Hi - Yip, cleared the cache - really done all the obvious things. Thanks for the input but I’m still no further forward![/QUOTE]

Well, at least we gave it a shot… sorry it isn’t working for you! :wink:

However, I am quite glad that I was able to change the default options on our end, just had to change a default product option setting for one of our products over the weekend, no idea where the differences are between our settings! :confused:

Yes, it’s a bit annoying. I know CS Cart quite well and something like this should just work! Anyway, I’ll get on to CS Cart and see what they say. Once again, thanks for your input.

Just throwing this idea out there… is it possible that you have track inventory with options and your XS option has 0 in inventory?

[quote name=‘jgaris’]Just throwing this idea out there… is it possible that you have track inventory with options and your XS option has 0 in inventory?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I’m tracking with options but all my options have stock.