Vendors with Same Products?

This has been a long going concern for some whereas a shop has one product that is provide by different Vendors/Suppliers/warehouses. Ultimately you would want the product to show with the availability for the customer to choose which location they want their product shipped from. Is this still a problem with the MultiVendor edition?

[quote name=‘The Tool’]This has been a long going concern for some whereas a shop has one product that is provide by different Vendors/Suppliers/warehouses. Ultimately you would want the product to show with the availability for the customer to choose which location they want their product shipped from. Is this still a problem with the MultiVendor edition?[/QUOTE]

No this functionality is not realized in the Multi-Vendor edition.

The main reason is that vendors should have the ability to set their own price and details for a product.

I just think it is rediculous to have say 10 different vendors with 10 different listings of the exact same product. How will the customer know there are more Vendors to choose from? I think this will also create a problem with search engines indexing a product that is listed 10 times.

so this is like ebay right?

have 10 same items but different vendor

[quote name=‘vidan’]so this is like ebay right?

have 10 same items but different vendor[/QUOTE]

Not exactly but same idea. I am waiting on a quote from CS for the modification but I am sure it’s going to be outrageous.

It almost works with the default installation using options and product combinations but I need to figure out how to add more than 1 supplier to a product. I just need to find the time to sit down and focus on it.

[quote name=‘The Tool’]Not exactly but same idea. I am waiting on a quote from CS for the modification but I am sure it’s going to be outrageous.

It almost works with the default installation using options and product combinations but I need to figure out how to add more than 1 supplier to a product. I just need to find the time to sit down and focus on it.

http://cscart21x.tooloutfitters.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=1[/QUOTE]

well if you say so, then i just need to wait until you find the time to sit down and focus on it :slight_smile:

thanks The tool

having 10sameproduct with several vendor is no use, your solution is much more better.

so it will be like AMAZON right? different option, different vendor

but same product.

[quote name=‘vidan’ timestamp=‘1287598438’ post=‘92447’]

well if you say so, then i just need to wait until you find the time to sit down and focus on it :)

thanks The tool

having 10sameproduct with several vendor is no use, your solution is much more better.

so it will be like AMAZON right? different option, different vendor

but same product.

[/quote]

Has this been resolved?

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1286958567' post='91886']

No this functionality is not realized in the Multi-Vendor edition.

The main reason is that vendors should have the ability to set their own price and details for a product.

[/quote]

Amazon allows vendors to set prices and lists those under 1 product. However why assume the vendor sets the price? In some cases like mine, the main retailer will set the price. This may be more rare, but in my case this would be preferred. It should be an option.

However I find it very short sited to not allow multiple vendors sell under the same product in a shopping cart product that is called “Multi-vendor”. Honestly I have been a bit disappointed with the features the multi-vendor version offers. Lucky for cs-cart most other carts do a much worse job supporting multi-warehouse/vendors.

I hope to see some better features and more flexibility in future releases.

Different vendors with the same product being listed one time like Amazon. Have anybody come up with a solution yet?

I have been testing the multivendor for a while now and one thing i have noticed with regard to your problems is that unlike some other carts, when you have a new vendor on you may have say 30 products. The vendor is selling the same products, so why not select to add products already in the system. Any new ones can be added by the vendor.

As you say we would set the price they are sold so price setting does not come into it.

he other point is if you have a vendor that is supplying 90% of the products you already have on the site, then all that he is doing is duplicating the products already on the site. This will then start to slow the site down and instead of a product set of say 30 if you end up with 10 vendors all supplying and selling the same product then the database and the site will have duplicate entries, including photos of the product.

So instead of having 30 products suddenly you have 300 products. Of course if you have larger amounts of products this will grow to horrendous size.

Could i suggest that programmers check out open cart which i have tested, where there is only 1 product set and vendors are allocated only to the products they themselves sell, this keeps the database size low and does not involve duplicating products.

So, do we have this feature?

How exactly you see this feature should be implemented?

scenario 1: (Amazon like)

You mark a product as “available for others to sell”

The vendor is signed in on the front end will be browsing the products and if the desired product is marked by YOU the vendor may hit the button “Sell it”. Then the vendor is redirected to the backend where the new product form is pre-filled. The vendor is able to modify the price and something else (may be options and features) while shipping conditions of this vendor are already known

scenario 2: (on the backend)

While you (as a vendor) start typing new product name the similar existing product names using Ajax will be displayed beneath (like Searchanise addon). You may choose one, state your own price and other things and finally save it. Done!

scenario 3: (using import)

When products are being imported product names will be compared against the library of existing product templates and if the matches found your products will be assigned SKUs (or model IDs) of existing products. In this case the admin must pre-define thousands product samples (models) to be compared to imported ones (using some linguistic functions like mysqllevenshtein). E.g. Nikon D7000 Kit AF-S ED II 18-55 mm should be same as Nikon D7000Kit AF-SED II 18-55 mm. Or the main model is Nikon D7000 Kit and those with options AF-S ED and 18-55 mm will be something like sub-models

The first two cases are quite simple and can be implemented with little programming skills or assigned to any developer (I guess for a few hundred $$)

The last case is sure much more advanced and that complicated. If someone has more clear vision on how this should operate so an intelligible technical request can be approached

Your suggestions are welcome…

I also need this functionality

Vendor can upload product which already solde on marketplace using search and upload

When customer click on product he can see this product also available with differnt vendor with other prices low or high

Has anyone worked around an addon for it?

Have you The Tool?

[quote name='vikashshah23' timestamp='1408953670' post='190554']

I also need this functionality

Vendor can upload product which already solde on marketplace using search and upload

When customer click on product he can see this product also available with differnt vendor with other prices low or high

[/quote]

Do these products have the same SKU? How do you think they should be grouped?

[quote name='NaMo' timestamp='1409063006' post='190682']

Has anyone worked around an addon for it?

Have you The Tool?

[/quote]

I do have an addon but it's for 2.2.5. It will need to be completely redone for 4.x since CSC has moved the suppliers to it's own addon.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1409079634' post='190720']

I do have an addon but it's for 2.2.5. It will need to be completely redone for 4.x since CSC has moved the suppliers to it's own addon.

[/quote]

What rule is used to find the same products from other suppliers in your module?

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1409081013' post='190721']

What rule is used to find the same products from other suppliers in your module?

[/quote]

A separate table for supplier inventory is used.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1409120301' post='190773']

A separate table for supplier inventory is used.

[/quote]

Please clarify

we need this too. multiple vendors to our store can provide the same functional part linked to the original manufacturers part number . we are doing Vendor Managed Inventory, so WE will not know when a matching part is added or removed or the inventory for one vendor changes.

the customer is interested in

1. functionally identical parts
  2. vendor
  3. differences from original.
  4. on the drop ship order, the actual vendors part number must be used.

inventory of A part is the combined inventory of all vendors of that part (as grouped from the original part number)

price of an individual part will depend on the vendor.

due to a poor feedback rating of vendor X, even tho they have the lowest price inventory, the customer may choose NOT to order from them.

so to the customer, this might be a logical grid view of inventory and price: vendor A has 2 at $2, vendor b has 3 at $2.25, vendor F has 1 at $1.85