User groups in My Account

Hi,

I use user groups as membership groups. I create some user groups (membership) and assign customers to a user group (membership).

I found that when a user opens My Account from our web site the user groups are shown at the bottom of the My Account page. Of course I do not want that. So I hid all user groups and now they are not displayed any more. But I wonder what is the purpose of that? Why cs-cart shows user groups in My Account of a user and let them manage it?

Thanks,

Hi,

I don’t use user groups, but I just saw a check-box in administration>settings that says: “Allow customer to sign-up for user group”. This box was checked by default.

Bob

That’s it. Thanks Bob!

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Hi,

I don’t use user groups, but I just saw a check-box in administration>settings that says: “Allow customer to sign-up for user group”. This box was checked by default.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Bob, do you offer any memberships? if you do, how did you implement them without using the user groups?

Thanks,

lekristine,

I don’t use user groups, but will. Right now, I hardly have any products and don’t use my cart yet. Eventually, I will probably have several groups and will look into it then.

I have a dev site and will probably play around with groups on that site first.

Bob

Okay Bob,

Good luck, and keep posting and share what you find :slight_smile: