MYOB Add-on in 2.1.1

Hi,

There is a MYOB add-on in 2.1.1. I’ve installed it but not sure if it is correctly enabled?

Does it actually do anything or is it just a dummy add-on sitting there doing nothing?

Compared to Quickbook add-on there seem to be more fields/accounts when you go into edit.

Anyone using it in some form or another with MYOB

I am interested to hear if it is being used by anyone.

Any aussies out there that use CS-Cart and have got this intergrated or has got data going into MYOB, OR , do you do it manually/double entry at the moment if on MYOB.

I am sure people will have some sort of accounting system to feed to if you running a serious business.!!

Interested to know if some one has a developed module/add-on or has got this integrated seamlessly into MYOB.:slight_smile:

Gday,

We do use MYOB but not the addon at this point. We really just have no had the time to explore what it can do. Yep, it’s on the list at some point.

I’d be interested in what you find out.

Greg

[quote name=‘customfx’]Gday,

We do use MYOB but not the addon at this point. We really just have no had the time to explore what it can do. Yep, it’s on the list at some point.

I’d be interested in what you find out.

Greg[/QUOTE]

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your feedback.

Perhaps the interest level from other CS Cart in Australia is low given people use quickbook and other accounting packages.

I am hoping someone has developed MYOB interface further or has got some ideas on this topic.

Most people don’t use it cause MYOB sucks ****.

I have used it in the past and due to MYOB’s DB connector I experienced more issues than time saved.

Let me be clear, it ain’t CS-Cart, it’s MYOB.

I get the message Jesse,

Unfortunately we have been using MYOB for bit over 10yrs and stuck with it for all our businesses.

So I guess we’ll have to find a solution at some stage down the track, but for now we wish to make CS Cart our preferred choice of shopping cart and I am sure the MYOB connection would have to be made regardless of the shopping cart we use for our online business.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Most people don’t use it cause MYOB sucks ****.

I have used it in the past and due to MYOB’s DB connector I experienced more issues than time saved.

Let me be clear, it ain’t CS-Cart, it’s MYOB.[/QUOTE]

So can we export sales to MYOB? It seems we can download a file, but have no idea how to import that into MYOB, or if its even the right file type…

[quote name=‘TashNZ’]So can we export sales to MYOB? It seems we can download a file, but have no idea how to import that into MYOB, or if its even the right file type…[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I haven’t tried this out of CS Cart as yet as I am still testing & getting my site ready, however, you can import into MYOB no problems, but has to be an equivalent field in MYOB that will get updated regularly. It can be in CSV format.

I downloaded the file, its a txt document… and when i uploaded it to MYOB i couldnt match up the fields so it didnt work. Im not too sure if i should get help from CS cart, or MYOB?