• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mini Cart Checkout link doesn't allow Google Checkout Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Virginia
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:33 AM #1

Hi All,

I have paypal and google checkout enabled as payment processors. If a person orders products, then clicks the "view cart" button in the mini cart area, it will show a checkout button, then buy now google checkout button. (which are too close together, if anyone can help with that it would also be appreciated.)

But, if they click on the checkout link instead in the mini cart, go through customer info, then order details, it only allows paypal as a payment method...Google Checkout doesn't show up when they go this way.

Anyone know how to get google checkout to show up as a payment method on the order details page? I'm using brickwork_yellow-green as my style sheet, and the latest version of cs-cart.

• Virginia
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 01:02 AM #2

I noticed too when I click the google checkout, it doesn't transfer shipping cost to google checkout. That isn't right either. :confused:

• pako
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:58 PM #3

Hi All,

I have paypal and google checkout enabled as payment processors. If a person orders products, then clicks the "view cart" button in the mini cart area, it will show a checkout button, then buy now google checkout button. (which are too close together, if anyone can help with that it would also be appreciated.)

But, if they click on the checkout link instead in the mini cart, go through customer info, then order details, it only allows paypal as a payment method...Google Checkout doesn't show up when they go this way.

Anyone know how to get google checkout to show up as a payment method on the order details page? I'm using brickwork_yellow-green as my style sheet, and the latest version of cs-cart.

When configured correctly...the button should redirect the customer to the google checkout page. In your payment setting do you have this URL for the callback....should read like this....Please set the "Api callback URL" parameter at merchant center to http://www."yourwebsite".com/payments/cc_processors/google_checkout_response.php

it will show a checkout button, then buy now google checkout button. (which are too close together, if anyone can help with that it would also be appreciated.)

I'm looking into how my spouse figured this out. I will post when I get the details.

• Virginia
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:58 PM #4

I'm looking into how my spouse figured this out. I will post when I get the details.

PLEASE do. I've been working with support on a support ticket, and I'm almost to the point of giving up using google checkout. I have the api url set right, I have it on xml, but when I make an order on my site, and test it going to google, it leaves off the shipping, even after you enter all the cc info and go to the next page (where it says it will calculate shipping) shipping is no where to be seen. Very frustrating. :confused:

• DIZZYMOTHER
  • Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:53 PM #5

how did you set the api right. please explain, googles driving me mad!!!!

• coder
  • Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:45 PM #6

PLEASE do. I've been working with support on a support ticket, and I'm almost to the point of giving up using google checkout. I have the api url set right, I have it on xml, but when I make an order on my site, and test it going to google, it leaves off the shipping, even after you enter all the cc info and go to the next page (where it says it will calculate shipping) shipping is no where to be seen. Very frustrating. :confused:

Refer to this post

http://forum.cs-cart...read.php?t=3937

We contacted CS-Cart and mentioned that this is a Bug.... here is what they replied

This problem can be caused by a few reasons. For example by that there are a lot of realtime shipping methods set in your shop and three seconds is not enough for the shipping rates on the corresponding servers(UPS, FedEX). Also perhaps your server is not fast enough and it responses to Google too slowly.

- Set default shipping values (as accurately as you can) for each shipping method.
- specially how to "Set default shipping values (as accurately as you can) for each shipping method"

It is possible to define shipping rates for the default destination, but it requires additional code modifications. Unfortunately these modifications are not covered by our technical support service. We can offer you our custom development
service. Please let me know if you are interested in it and I will forward your request to our quote manager.

We have only 3 shipping options only USPS Priority, UPS Ground, Fedex Ground still every transaction to Google the shipping is zero.

This is a Bug and CS-Cart is not ready to agree on this.

CS-CART: version 4.9.1

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:06 PM #7

Smavtron,
Do you get a zero shipping charge even if you specify default shipping values?
I may use google in the future so I set up shipping tables which are very quick. Many people on other carts have similar problems, but shipping does show up, but its the default charge, not zero.
Thanks,

• coder
  • Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:41 PM #8

Smavtron,
Do you get a zero shipping charge even if you specify default shipping values?
I may use google in the future so I set up shipping tables which are very quick. Many people on other carts have similar problems, but shipping does show up, but its the default charge, not zero.
Thanks,

I am not sure about your question.... can you please be more specific.

• coder
  • Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:53 AM #9

Keep sending the Bug Fix request to CS-Cart...... hopefully they will understand that they need to fix this.

errors captured on Google

1) Invalid state transition

XML We Received: <charge-order xmlns='http://checkout.google.com/schema/2' google-order-number='754633019694059'><amount currency='USD'>9.95</amount></charge-order>

XML We Sent: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<error xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2" serial-number="4bac9d4f-eb48-4fa3-abc5-fe04251cfa46">
<error-message>Invalid state transition</error-message>
</error>

2) We timed out waiting for your server at https://www.xxxx.com...alculations.php -- the error we got is: Read timed out Your server must respond faster to merchant calculation callback requests.

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:43 AM #10

Smavtron,
When you set up google at google, they ask for three default shipping amounts. If they can't get the real time shipping from the cart in 3 seconds, they use the default amounts you give them.
It's been a while since I've been in the google set up, but his is how I think it works and how I have seen it described by other with similar problems. Of course, I don't know if CS-CART has its own internal problems, just know Google has its own problems. I know that during the holidays, its possible that it takes more than 3 seconds for any cart to get a response from multiple shipping providers, so Google will default to the value you gave them.
Many vendors spend alot of time to develop complex shipping structures only to default to 3 values when Google can't get the real time rates in 3 seconds from the cart.
I was just wondering if when you configured your Google Account at Google, if you entered the default values for shipping.

• coder
  • Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:52 AM #11

Smavtron,
When you set up google at google, they ask for three default shipping amounts. If they can't get the real time shipping from the cart in 3 seconds, they use the default amounts you give them.
It's been a while since I've been in the google set up, but his is how I think it works and how I have seen it described by other with similar problems. Of course, I don't know if CS-CART has its own internal problems, just know Google has its own problems. I know that during the holidays, its possible that it takes more than 3 seconds for any cart to get a response from multiple shipping providers, so Google will default to the value you gave them.
Many vendors spend alot of time to develop complex shipping structures only to default to 3 values when Google can't get the real time rates in 3 seconds from the cart.
I was just wondering if when you configured your Google Account at Google, if you entered the default values for shipping.

I am looking Google and don't see any mention to enter default shipping amounts... can you please look into and suggest.

TIA

• coder
  • Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:42 AM #12

Here is Google reply

In order to maintain a high-quality user experience, Google Checkout sets
aside three seconds for your service to perform its computations and send
the response. After that time elapses, if there isn't a complete response
from your service, Google Checkout uses the backup values you specified in
the cart:
http://code.google.c..._and_tax_values
You should specify average or typical rates for your backup values. This
requirement is described in Google Checkout Policies and Guidelines:
http://checkout.goog...r/policies.html
As your server is not responding fast enough to the merchant calculations
callback, you default values are being used. However, you have declared
$0.00 as your default shipping cost.
For example; shopping carts posted to us from your site contain the
following:
<merchant-calculated-shipping name="Continental US PO Box (5 - 7 business
days)">
<price currency="USD">0</price>
This means that in the event that merchant calculations fail, buyers
selecting "Continental US PO Box (5 - 7 business days)" as their shipping
method will be charged a shipping cost of $0.00.
In order to resolve this issue, please carry out the following:
- Investigate the reason that your merchant calculations callback is not
responding quickly enough (or not responding at all).
- Set default shipping values (as accurately as you can) for each shipping
method.

We are using USPS realtime...and CS-Cart does not have option to allow

- Set default shipping values (as accurately as you can) for each shipping
method.

and realtime both unless I am missing something :confused:

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:08 AM #13

Yes,
You have not specified an amount for your shipping method if the real time shipping method is not returned in 3 seconds.
You have "0" for the amount, which is why it returns no shipping charge. You have to change the "0" for an amount, ie 10.00 (not sure if you can use the decimal point or if it has to be whole numbers). You do this for each shipping method. I thought there is a limit of 3, not sure.
An example is Here:
http://code.google.c....html#tag_price
It is explained below from what you had in your previous post.

<merchant-calculated-shipping name="Continental US PO Box (5 - 7 business
days)">
<price currency="USD">0</price>
This means that in the event that merchant calculations fail, buyers
selecting "Continental US PO Box (5 - 7 business days)" as their shipping
method will be charged a shipping cost of $0.00.

I am at work now and can't look at it again until tomorrow.
This problem is why I actually Don't want Google checkout. I will either over charge or take a loss on shipping if I had to pick one value for my USPS methods if USPS does not return the real-time value in 3 seconds. This is why I am using tables. A table will return a value, hopefully, in less than 3 seconds. I have seen on other posts, that those with multiple shipping providers have the most problems with Google as it relates to shipping.

• coder
  • Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:12 AM #14

Yes,
I am at work now and can't look at it again until tomorrow.
This problem is why I actually Don't want Google checkout. I will either over charge or take a loss on shipping if I had to pick one value for my USPS methods if USPS does not return the real-time value in 3 seconds. This is why I am using tables. A table will return a value, hopefully, in less than 3 seconds. I have seen on other posts, that those with multiple shipping providers have the most problems with Google as it relates to shipping.

It will be interesting to see your solution.... if you can share.... specially "This is why I am using tables".... let us know when you get time to reply.