Forum Usernames - Warning

It has come to our attention, that competiting ecommerce software providers are monitoring these forums for users.

They are comparing their forum usernames to the ones being used here.

For example:

JDoe and JDoe are noticed on both forums, and possible their sigs have their URLS in them www.jdoe.com.

Based on this information, other software competitors are banning those users from their forums and from their file access.

Please be aware of this, if you use more than one ecommerce package or are looking at moving, its probably best to use a Different username and not post your URL until your site has been converted.

It’s an unfortunate circumstance and really quite pathetic, but it is happening, so be aware!

If you need to discuss a Username change, please PM me or “admin”.

Thanks,

ETI

I guess it shows that competing OS Carts are pathetic compared to CS-Cart, and are becoming increasingly aware of it:p

That is quite childish, haha. Guess they can’t keep their customers.

I had wondered whether X-Cart might do this and so I chose to use different identities. However, I am half-tempted to align those identities since admission to their forum is based on my PAID FOR license (as long as I am not disruptive on their forums). I suspect that someone could make quite a legal issue if they chose to.

I think it might be more a matter of getting CS-Cart to “protect” their forums by limiting access as X-Cart does. However, this is one of the great selling advantages that CS-Cart enjoys - an open community that is quickly outrunning the competition.

Just my thoughts.

Bob

Well,

Access to forums are not part of the license, and you can be removed at their disgression.

Trust me, I KNOW! :slight_smile:

But really I don’t want anyone’s business to get ruined b/c of something so trivial.

Makes me want to visit some script review sites and describe X-Cart as “paying more for less - less product, less support”.

With regards to all the silly censorship on their forums, I guess they view themselves as the new Iron Curtain.

Bob

X-Crap banned me from their forums and file access saying that I had posted my files on a warez site for downloading when in fact X-Crap saw that I was a contributing user and supportor on the CS forums so they got mad and banned me. The fact is X-Crap stole my licenses and file access totaling more then $600+ and this thread title/message is the reason they did, does’nt matter to me anymore because CS is one of the absolute best e-commerce platforms available…

Shocking! Well i do contribute to CubeCart forums when i can and they are well aware that i now use CS-Cart. Thankfully Alistair is an adult :wink:

[quote name=‘snorocket’]X-Crap banned me from their forums and file access saying that I had posted my files on a warez site for downloading when in fact X-Crap saw that I was a contributing user and supportor on the CS forums so they got mad and banned me. The fact is X-Crap stole my licenses and file access totaling more then $600+ and this thread title/message is the reason they did, does’nt matter to me anymore because CS is one of the absolute best e-commerce platforms available…[/QUOTE]

I’d sue the bastards. X-Cart. Read this you are a bunch of twits.

I’ve had my fair share of client complains re:X-Crap so word-of-mouth atm is rather foul

X-Cart is to much anyways.CS-Cart is better.:cool:

Small minds do small minded things.

actually the reason why i came to cs-cart was the fact that “competition” or whateveru want to call them. were ready to chop money for anything… from forum to support request to even attrocities.

till now i have had cs forum i think saved me a tremendous amount of money and im thankfull to have taken a taughtfull decision for it. I think the process as an example the access to comunity forum based on lisence an acceptable fashion to benefit from the community.

eventhough im no computer geek and far from it i was able to put up a site (an exploit for me) for a friend and working right now on something that is of my own(hopefully generate return).

and not to comment that a lot of modules and structures are available to enhance it, members and admins whom i know spend a tremendous amount of time reinforcing there own knowledge but importantly sharing with members like me who have no knowledge to help create the result that we envision but lack the knowledge to create and i think that has more product value than any short sighted business professional…

at least for my case eventhough im not making any money at this point in time i dont regret having invested the cost of one lisence and preparing soon for the second one which im sure with the help of knowledgeable professionals will be a profitable and positive investment.

ps personal note and taught to the cs-cart team is to keep up the amazing work with only a note of maybe with so much custom work being done why not use those custom works (with the acceptance of the service requester)

to use those customs development to further enhance the packages available. i know if i get custom development done if the module i get made benefit anyone ill be willing to share them for free or if its something generally requested to have it available for the cs team to add it as custom at no charge.

2 thumbs way up keep the hard work.

chahine

[quote name=‘chahinemm’]actually the reason why i came to cs-cart was the fact that “competition” or whateveru want to call them. were ready to chop money for anything… from forum to support request to even attrocities.[/QUOTE]

That’s one of the main reasons we released a couple of mods for FREE over here because the dirtball modders over at X-Craap would have ripped everyone off hand over fist and they’ll never make a dime over here at CS, never…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]That’s one of the main reasons we released a couple of mods for FREE over here because the dirtball modders over at X-Craap would have ripped everyone off hand over fist and they’ll never make a dime over here at CS, never…[/QUOTE]

is that a grimlin in your picture or is that one of the critters from the movie the critters ? calvin

That’s Dobbie the elf from Harry Potter.

it’s also what happens to people who continue to use X-Craap when they know CS is better…

Why do competitors use these stupid tatics ?

Why dont they invest their time in creating something better than CS-Cart ?

Do they think that users are a bunch of morons ?

This bad tactics spread in the Internet faster than a Virus…and at the end they are the ones losing.

If I used any other cart, and the publisher did something like that, you can be sure they would have a serious problem with me.

I would have no problem in going to any country in Europe, hire a lawyer and sue them. And at the same time a few letters to some newspapers and magazines would also help.

Thats Why I keep all invoices, print and file all agreements and even webpages. In a situation like this, they would be very handy.

Anyway…this tells me that CS-Cart users will probably be targets for hacking by those other companies in order to make people think that the cart is not secure.

Keep you carts secure, backup & keep all your log files in some automatic scheme.

Our comunity will survive. Its stronger everyday

I am the same as willow and I post in the cubecart forums under the same name and Brooky is very adult about these things.

Anybody who wants to ban me because I exercise my freedom of choice its their loss, I wont hide behind other user names.

Its un British un American and un a lot of other things as well

Degsey

Well, its pretty safe to say I’ve been on board with CS now and have basically left X for good.

I started this thread after being banned by X.

here is their official reply to my questioning my account status.

Enjoy the laugh

[quote]

Dear Tony,

On the grounds of the facts that you are communicating with our competitors, are an active member of their community forums and participating in development of their software, we have concluded to close access to the X-Cart Forums and the File area for you.

Please be noted however that it does not apply to your ability to use our software on your sites and receive our services. You are our client, all your licenses are valid and we are prepared to provide you with tech support or development services if required. You will receive security patches if any for your X-Cart versions.

We are sorry but the decision is firm and will not be reconsidered. The ticket is closed.

Sincerely yours,

Svetlana Vinogradova

Technical Support assistant

[/quote]

welcome to the club, X-Craap banned me a long time ago after I found CS, they banned me because I switched to CS and then blocked access to all my X-craap licenses and modules, over $600+ invested in X-craap they basically stole, they also lied and said they found my x-craap licenses on warez site, I don’t even know what a warez site is but I could care less because CS ROCKS the e-commerce world and X is pissed because they suck and they know it…