• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is there an S3 Addon or add-ons for mp3 download shop out there? Rate Topic   * * * * * 1 votes

• timh
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:32 PM #1

Hi there,

I'm building an mp3 download shop for someone and we're using S3 to host the files.
I just found out the hard way that cscart downloads the file when you add an external url rather than using the link to the external file...

Has anyone done an Amazon S3 / CDN / files on another server add-on?

I could do with the exact same functionality as a normal downloadable product, but using an authenticated and time limited S3 url as the final destination.

any help would be appreciated and I'm happy to pay if someone's developed an add-on already.

also, If anyone's made any add-ons that I might find useful for an mp3 download shop, just let me know.

cheers,

Tim

• gginorio
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:41 PM #2

I have an addon to preview any attachments in a "DewPlayer" (this might be useful for Mp3 previews).

You can limit the number of downloads and the time they're available in CS-Cart 2.1.1. That said, this is for downloads, not URL's.

• hostandname
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:39 PM #3

dont know if this will help but i have a full store for sale:

http://forum.cs-cart...hlight=for sale

Host & Name Ltd - your reliable & trustworthy media provider (www.hostandname.co.uk)
Approved CS-Cart Developers and Official CS-Cart Licensing Supplier
Web Hosting | Cloud Hosting | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Domains | Emails | Design | Development | Marketing | Management

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:06 PM #4

dont know if this will help but i have a full store for sale:

http://forum.cs-cart...hlight=for+sale

Any solution to this? I just signed up for amazon s3 and it's still copying files onto my website instead of just linking it. There should be a way to do this without having to edit code! By the way your link doesn't work anymore...

http://www.store.catholicism.org/
Using version 4.3.3.SP1 and learning.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:58 PM #5

Hey guys,

Has no one seriously made an Amazon S3 module where the downloads (and optionally the free attachments and product images, secondary images and product combination images) can be stored on cloud storage, instead of on the local server?

I have seen several sites where I downloaded files from a cloud link, rather than directly off their server. 1.7MB per second speed and a minute later the archive was downloaded.

I would be very keen to learn if anyone has built something to handle this. :)

I look forward to any details on how to achieve this.
Thank you!

Thank you!

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11492 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:24 AM #6

In V4, there are various abstract storage mechanisms available. I'm not sure if they can be specified at a directory level or not.
You might want to investigate the new storage class to see if you can specify (eg. exim/files) directories.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.