Is there an S3 Addon or add-ons for mp3 download shop out there?

Hi there,

I’m building an mp3 download shop for someone and we’re using S3 to host the files.

I just found out the hard way that cscart downloads the file when you add an external url rather than using the link to the external file…

Has anyone done an Amazon S3 / CDN / files on another server add-on?

I could do with the exact same functionality as a normal downloadable product, but using an authenticated and time limited S3 url as the final destination.

any help would be appreciated and I’m happy to pay if someone’s developed an add-on already.

also, If anyone’s made any add-ons that I might find useful for an mp3 download shop, just let me know.

cheers,

Tim

I have an addon to preview any attachments in a “DewPlayer” (this might be useful for Mp3 previews).

You can limit the number of downloads and the time they’re available in CS-Cart 2.1.1. That said, this is for downloads, not URL’s.

dont know if this will help but i have a full store for sale:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=19729&highlight=for+sale[/url]

[quote name='reboot' timestamp='1284478780' post='89209']

dont know if this will help but i have a full store for sale:

http://forum.cs-cart…hlight=for+sale

[/quote]Any solution to this? I just signed up for amazon s3 and it's still copying files onto my website instead of just linking it. There should be a way to do this without having to edit code! By the way your link doesn't work anymore…

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Hey guys,[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Has no one seriously made an Amazon S3 module where the downloads (and optionally the free attachments and product images, secondary images and product combination images) can be stored on cloud storage, instead of on the local server?[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I have seen several sites where I downloaded files from a cloud link, rather than directly off their server. 1.7MB per second speed and a minute later the archive was downloaded.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I would be very keen to learn if anyone has built something to handle this. :)[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I look forward to any details on how to achieve this.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Thank you![/font]

In V4, there are various abstract storage mechanisms available. I'm not sure if they can be specified at a directory level or not.

You might want to investigate the new storage class to see if you can specify (eg. exim/files) directories.