• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 2.1.1 is released Rate Topic   - - - - -

• zeke
  • Megamind
  • Administrators
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:50 AM #41

Hi Zeke, thanks for replies..... how do I determine which cache method to use...? Or do I try all of them and see which gives best results?

Thanks

B

Yes, It depends on your server software and hardware. It's interesting, but on our local servers the default "file" method had the best performance.

• badmaash
  • Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:20 AM #42

Yes, It depends on your server software and hardware. It's interesting, but on our local servers the default "file" method had the best performance.

Hi Zeke.... since you are the developer of the new cache and you and your team would have obviously investigated the pros and cons of each method, can you please post a pros and cons list that you have identified for each of the cache methods since this will save many of having to become experts in caches?

Thanks again........
1 x CS-CART Version 2.0.15, 2 x CS-CART Version 2.1.1

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:26 PM #43

Hi Zeke.... since you are the developer of the new cache and you and your team would have obviously investigated the pros and cons of each method, can you please post a pros and cons list that you have identified for each of the cache methods since this will save many of having to become experts in caches?

Thanks again........

Great idea!

Version 4.13.3

• Captain
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:20 PM #44

yes it will also help me a lot

• Onkel_Sid
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:25 PM #45

I still cant get the "Act on behalf" function to work. Anyone else got this working?

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:36 PM #46

I still cant get the "Act on behalf" function to work. Anyone else got this working?

you have to get your webhost to disable encryted cookies.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• Net-burst
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:58 PM #47

you have to get your webhost to disable encryted cookies.

I'ts in php.ini? What setting is it?

• Consultant
  • Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:13 PM #48

We're testing on 2.0.14, anticipate going live in about 3-4 weeks. So what is the recommendation strategy from you seasoned users/developers out there. Upgrade to and launch with 2.015 or 2.1.1? (After more testing of course) In other words, for those that have played with 2.1.1 a lot and came recently from 2.0.14 or .15, do you consider it more or as stable than 0.15 or stable enough to make any residual bugs worth dealing with for the added functionality?

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1188 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:41 AM #49

My theory is always go Live with the latest version available (currently 2.1.1). Once you go Live, never upgrade (unless you absolutely require a new feature).

My 1.3.5 sites are still running fine. My 2.011 sites are still running fine. My 2.012 sites are still running fine and my 2.1.1 sites under development will run fine :)

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:42 AM #50

Yes, always go live with a new site with the latest version of the cart available.

• customfx
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:40 AM #51

I'd go with the latest. Also be sure to have a good read of the Bug Tracker

http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?

You get some great tips on issues and workarounds
v2.1.1

• vidan
  • Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:11 PM #52

hello Zeke, since you are in developer team, do you know exact date for next version?
cause i got lot of bugs in 2.1.1
thank you

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:55 AM #53

Just finished updating from 2.014 - 2.015 - 2.1 -2.1.1, entire update process went quite smooth without problem!

This time around (& finally), I took the plunge into creating / implementing my own CSS overrides file using the My Changes / hook method, what a difference that is going to make to save time for future updates, SWEET!

I do want to say that this latest CS-Cart Version 2.1.1 has many logical tweaks & improvements over 2.0.14 greatly beneficial in the daily operation of our business, some such as the improvements in checkout process are quite evident, others are far more subtle yet were greatly needed. I have so far found several improvements requested through the Uservoice system as well as several which were requested through various forum posts over the last few months, so what I have noticed is that although we often wonder if they heard what we were asking for, they are no doubt reading our posts & listening......

Very nice job on 2.1.1 CS-Cart staff members! ;)
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:57 PM #54

Agreed!

I also noticed much faster service in the Bug tracker! Every bug gets a response within a day or two, unlike weeks before.

Kudos to CS for listening and providing service.

:!::!:

Just finished updating from 2.014 - 2.015 - 2.1 -2.1.1, entire update process went quite smooth without problem!

This time around (& finally), I took the plunge into creating / implementing my own CSS overrides file using the My Changes / hook method, what a difference that is going to make to save time for future updates, SWEET!

I do want to say that this latest CS-Cart Version 2.1.1 has many logical tweaks & improvements over 2.0.14 greatly beneficial in the daily operation of our business, some such as the improvements in checkout process are quite evident, others are far more subtle yet were greatly needed. I have so far found several improvements requested through the Uservoice system as well as several which were requested through various forum posts over the last few months, so what I have noticed is that although we often wonder if they heard what we were asking for, they are no doubt reading our posts & listening......

Very nice job on 2.1.1 CS-Cart staff members! ;)

Pimpin' skins since v1.0