AT LAST, option modifiers import

I thought I d share this for the benefit of anyone who has many otions and price variants like me I paid CS for it.

Basically it lets you add to your csv import the extra cost either as an amount +£ or percentage +%

the modifiers in your csv file should look like this in your options column after your options, sample csv attached also M is for “modifier”

+$50 => [[m]A+50]

OR

+50% => [[m]P+50]

It will also export all exisiting modifers that you have input manually aswell.

It is for 2.0.12, but the guys who know what they are talking about here can tell u if it works for other versions.(cant see why not)

Upload the package to the root,then unpack it then go to admin/addons and install the “improvment import export” addon

Thats it, works for me and with a little exel concatenate and find and replace magic it saves me weeks of work.

No Guarantees guys and backup backup

Thanks

John

opts.zip

imex.zip

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]I thought I d share this for the benefit of anyone who has many otions and price variants like me I paid CS for it.

Basically it lets you add to your csv import the extra cost either as an amount +£ or percentage +%

the modifiers in your csv file should look like this in your options column after your options, sample csv attached also M is for “modifier”

+$50 => [[m]A+50]

OR

+50% => [[m]P+50]

It will also export all exisiting modifers that you have input manually aswell.

It is for 2.0.12, but the guys who know what they are talking about here can tell u if it works for other versions.(cant see why not)

Upload the package to the root,then unpack it then go to admin/addons and install the “improvment import export” addon

Thats it, works for me and with a little exel concatenate and find and replace magic it saves me weeks of work.

No Guarantees guys and backup backup

Thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing this with the community!

Very much appreciated! :smiley:

John you star, if anyone could test this on a 2.1 install this would be quality. This is realoly going to help with the change in VAT coming up.

Can confirm that this doesn’t work on 2.1.2…much to my dismay.

Ive not tried but how about importing it to old vesrion of 2.12 and then export the old data with modifed prices, then re import your modified prices to 2.1

You will probalby have to do a find replace on your exported data in excel to remove [whatever] but only takes seconds find[**] replace with nothing

John

Tried different methods doesn’t work with 2.1.12 needs to be edited before im guessing.

Can anyone fix this great edition to the community so we have it working for 2.1.12? PLEASE?!

Can someone provide the bugtracker link for 2.1.2 on this issue? Thx.

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=2392[/url]

I wanted to give this a bump…

I just learned of this thread. I’m running 2.1.3. This is a profoundly important mod that really should be included in CS-Cart.

What do you expect the bump to do? If you want a new feature, the prescribed method is to use UserVoice. Then pray.

I gave it a bump to give this thread some attention, which it did. johnbol1 made an terrific and generous contribution by sharing the customization he had done. This forum is full of great contributors who seek to help each other.

I’m hoping a thoughtful contributor will be able to solve this compatibility issue. The solution is more likely to be found in the forum among contributors well before it is addressed by CS-Cart through User Voice.

In the mean time, I’m getting an estimate from CS-Cart to update johnbol1’s mod for 2.1.3.

Just curious. But I don’t see any new content between your bump and now other than your and my dialog…

For those of us who spend quite a bit of time here, a bump without new info tends to just be an annoyance. If you have something to add, great. But just getting a thread back into “New Posts” seems inappropriate. Otherwise everyone will find 2 year old threads “they” think are important and bump them to get them visible again without adding any new content or value.

Just my opinion…

two-cent-tony

Edit: That’s why we encourage people to complete the process by documenting their solution when they find one.

Tony…

Sometimes your two-cents are best left to yourself. This thread is very current and relevant to a number of people. We just need one helpful and knowledgeable person to take notice of the thread and help us out.

Frankly, I find it far less annoying to see an older thread bump than to have to read through threads full of contributors lecturing and admonishing others. Seeing as this thread doesn’t seem to interest you beyond your opinions of etiquette, kindly take your own forum etiquette advice and refrain from posting on this thread.

To everyone else in this thread, if I have offended you for expressing my interest in a solution this issue, I apologize. I should have a cost and ETA from CS-Cart tomorrow for a 2.1.3 compatibility fix and hope to be able to share it with you soon!

[quote name=‘elmer328’]Tony…

Sometimes your two-cents are best left to yourself. This thread is very current and relevant to a number of people. We just need one helpful and knowledgeable person to take notice of the thread and help us out.

Frankly, I find it far less annoying to see an older thread bump than to have to read through threads full of contributors lecturing and admonishing others. Seeing as this thread doesn’t seem to interest you beyond your opinions of etiquette, kindly take your own forum etiquette advice and refrain from posting on this thread.

To everyone else in this thread, if I have offended you for expressing my interest in a solution this issue, I apologize. I should have a cost and ETA from CS-Cart tomorrow for a 2.1.3 compatibility fix and hope to be able to share it with you soon![/QUOTE]

Not offended at all… in fact I find it quite interesting and looking forward to seeing what solution if any will be obtained. Perhaps if you ask Tony to develop this mod for ya, then he won’t be so irritated by this post.

We all have our days but I wouldn’t play to much into this. However, I’d see what Tony can do as he is very talented. This way it would be more beneficial to the CS community.

Stu

[quote name=‘derbytown502’]Not offended at all… in fact I find it quite interesting and looking forward to seeing what solution if any will be obtained. Perhaps if you ask Tony to develop this mod for ya, then he won’t be so irritated by this post.

We all have our days but I wouldn’t play to much into this. However, I’d see what Tony can do as he is very talented. This way it would be more beneficial to the CS community.

Stu[/QUOTE]

Anyone was able to have this to work with 2.1.3?

I am subscribing to this thread…this would save so much if it worked on the latest version…

@johnbol1: How much did you pay for this mod and how long did it take them to develop it?

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional/suggestions/1587923-product-options-variants-total-import?ref=title[/url]

For 2.1 go to

root/addons/exim_opts/schemas/exim/products.post.php file:

find this;

$schema['#export_fields']['Options']['#process_get'] = array ('fn_exim_opts_get_product_options', '#key', '@lang_code');
$schema['#export_fields']['Options']['#process_put'] = array ('fn_exim_opts_set_product_options', '#key', '#this', '@lang_code');

replace with this

$schema['export_fields']['Options']['process_get'] = array ('fn_exim_opts_get_product_options', '#key', '@lang_code');
$schema['export_fields']['Options']['process_put'] = array ('fn_exim_opts_set_product_options', '#key', '#this', '@lang_code');

Works for me 2.1.2, 2.1.3

JOhn

John,

Thanks for your donation. This works perfectly for Pro 2.2.4 with the code mods you suggested. This is a huge time saver.

Ken