• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Authorize.net Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ddorris
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:36 PM #1

I am having the worst time ever trying to get my authorize.net merchant account set up in cs-cart.

I think i have everything in the payment methods/processor screen set up correctly.

When I log into my authorize.net account to view transactions after the shopping chart declines them, my merchant account doesn't show that any transactions were even attempted! So, cs-cart doesn't seem to be passing info to my merchant account.

I also can't find anywhere in cs cart that shows any type of return codes so I can actually troubleshoot the problem.

I've verified i have the transaction key and m5d hash value entered correctly too. Verified with both cs cart and authorize.net that we were not on test mode at either end.

Anyone else had these problems? Where could I be going wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Quicktune
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:26 PM #2

How is it coming along? Did you properly specify the Direct Response settings as comma default delimited?
RedHat EnterPrise Linux Server
MYSQL 4.1
PHP Version 4.3.11
SSL Certification 256-bit Data Encryption
100GB
I ♥ CS-CART! :D

• uprint24
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:42 PM #3

I am having the worst time ever trying to get my authorize.net merchant account set up in cs-cart.

I think i have everything in the payment methods/processor screen set up correctly.

When I log into my authorize.net account to view transactions after the shopping chart declines them, my merchant account doesn't show that any transactions were even attempted! So, cs-cart doesn't seem to be passing info to my merchant account.

I also can't find anywhere in cs cart that shows any type of return codes so I can actually troubleshoot the problem.

I've verified i have the transaction key and m5d hash value entered correctly too. Verified with both cs cart and authorize.net that we were not on test mode at either end.

Anyone else had these problems? Where could I be going wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings- I am having the same issue, can anyone help with this issue?

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:49 PM #4

Take out the MD5 Hash data. Authorize.net doesn't use them anymore.

hth,

• EagleRose
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:01 PM #5

I had the same issue when I first installed CS and enable the authorize.net module. It drove me crazy for a bit.

In the configuration of the module settings, make sure the Currency is Set to" USD". By default CS has "US". Once I made that change all was well.

Eagle Rose
Eagle Rose Lingerie
"Bringing Spice to Your Life"
www.eagleroselingerie.com

1.34 sp2

• thenutrishop
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:34 AM #6

I've managed to be able to setup my authorize net module to where it initiates a transaction, then returns to the order details page,,,, only with a "Failed" status. I've tried with both test card numbers in test mode and a live card in live mode and get the same response.

On authorize, I have my URL set in "Response/Receipt URLs" for both http and https, I have MD5 hash enabled, and have "Password-Required Mode" enabled.

In cs-cart, I have HTTPS as protocol, I have a valid functioning certificate. I host on GoDaddy, and have the cURL proxy enabled in my core\https.php file. My correct ID, Key, and MD5 info is inserted with no trailing spaces. I have the order prefix blank.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

The test card data I pulled is off authorize.net's developer page at: http://developer.aut....net/faqs/#7429

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:04 AM #7

Dump the hash, you don't need it. (Copy it though, I have been known to be wrong once or twice a year. :confused:) .

• thenutrishop
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:55 AM #8

I have tried with and without MD5 hash. Still no luck. Has anyone been successful with Authorize.net? I tried doing a live transaction, but failed. I did this transaction with a real credit card, the AVS information provided was correct.

I get the following message on the invoice in the admin area.

Order status: Failed
Payment processor response: This transaction cannot be accepted.
AVS verification response: AVS not applicable for this transaction

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:16 AM #9

Well, then I think you're going to need to call Authorize.net. Fortunately, their support is really good.

• paulesport
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:21 PM #10

I didn't touch the recipt URLs or the password enabled mode and mine works fine

• thenutrishop
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:57 PM #11

Just upgraded to 1.3.5 sp1 using the manual upgrade method. Apart from a few bugs that I'm discovering here and there, my authorize.net is no longer functionning.

I have updated the /core/https.php file to include my godaddy.com proxy around line 80.

Has anyone got this working with 1.3.5 sp1?

I hadn't changed anything in my settings, was working fine before.

• storm
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:16 AM #12

I'm having the same difficulty with Authorize.net that you were having earlier. How did you fix it before it broke again with your upgrade?

Thanks.
Version 1.3.5 sp1

• storm
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:09 PM #13

Never mind, I was able to resolve my issue. I was using my Auth.net password instead of Transaction Key. Hopefully you have been able to resolve yours as well.
Version 1.3.5 sp1

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:23 PM #14

We were having some of the same type of isues with Authorize.net. What ended up correcting our issue was the fact that we needed to change one simple setting within the admin area of Authorize.net.

Here are instructions of what I did:
1) Log into admin account at authorize.net
2) Click on "Account" tab on top (5th from left)
3) Under "Transaction Format Settings" click on "Payment Form."
4) Make sure that ONLY the fields that CS sends over are clicked as "Required."
5) Submit

The field that was checked "required" within our account was the "description" field. Once I removed the checked box, the credit card transactions worked perfectly!

From what Authorize.net support told me, you may have to uncheck one at a time until the cart communicates properly. Support did say they would not recommend taking off all the "required" fields.

As for the Md5 Hash, support said it is a nice feature, but it is NOT required.

Thanks,
Clips

• ckad79
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:18 PM #15

As for the Md5 Hash, support said it is a nice feature, but it is NOT required.

I don't understand this. CS-Cart Support Team claims that my credit card payments aren't processing with my site because the Md5 Hash field is empty. I fill it and it still doesn't work. Now, people are saying you don't need it.

Can you verify that you need it for certain versions of CS-Cart, before I completely loose my mind on this? :confused:

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:33 PM #16

I don't understand this. CS-Cart Support Team claims that my credit card payments aren't processing with my site because the Md5 Hash field is empty. I fill it and it still doesn't work. Now, people are saying you don't need it.

Can you verify that you need it for certain versions of CS-Cart, before I completely loose my mind on this? :confused:

I just added auth.net and I left the Md5 hash filed blank..

Make sure you add:
your user name..(not your login user name, it should be another user name key in your settings)
Your transaction key

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:23 AM #17

I now have 3 shopping carts installed with Authorize.net and do NOT have the "Md5 Hash" turned on with any of them.

It was Authorize.net that told me not to use it.
Regards,
Jim