• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 2.1.0 is released Rate Topic   - - - - -

• 2tl
  • Architect
  • Twigmo team
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:23 PM #81

So, does ASAP mean in a couple hours (1-3hours), a few hours (3-5hours), today (5-12hours), tomorrow (12-36hours), or a couple days (24-48hours) ?

look at message:

Right now the new upgrade script is available. It converts HTML blocks correctly. Please revert to 2.0.15, refresh packages list and make new upgrade.

it was written at 04:18 PM - so ASAP means 2.5 hours

• BarryH
  • Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:49 PM #82

Can you provide us with more information about your settings?
Do you use options combinations?
Do you use setting track with options?
Do you use quantity selectbox?
If you use options - now they are recalculated at server side with help of AJAX requests.

No option combinations not used on the product in question.
Yes, there is tracking with options
Yes, use quantity select box

Further to the original post - the problem is seen on the product page only, on the category listing page when an out of stock option is selected the "add to cart" button is replaced with "out of stock" - which is what I would expect to see on the product page.

Hope this clarifies for you.

With regard to the ajax is there anything we can do to improve the speed?

EDIT* Have just tried with option combinations on - same problem.

BarryH

CS-Cart v4.4.3 (Plus one being developed v4.5.2 SP2)
UK User

• phazei
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:53 PM #83

it was written at 04:18 PM - so ASAP means 2.5 hours

Well, gosh.... how did I miss that :rolleyes:

:D 2.5 hours ain't bad, hehe.
UnicaCool.com - Instant Cool for your home
UnicaWorld.com - Our new blog

• Net-burst
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:18 PM #84

I knew it works for your demo, but it did more worse for CS-cart 2.1 installed under PHP 5.2.13. or 5.2.14 environment. I don't think reinstall can solve this error, because I still have a unsolved bug ticket - "option combinations can't update some product code and qty under PHP 5.2.13. or 5.2.14 environment" which is almost 1 month open ticket at technical support for CS-cart 2.0.15. That is why I tried to install CS-cart 2.1 to find out any hopes for it, but now is adding new option with explicit PHP error.

PHP 5.2.13 was anounced on 25-February-2010. I think when more and more cs-cart users upgrade their PHP to new up-to-date version, they will meet this bug just like me due to some out-of-date library code under CS-Cart new version.

PHP 5.2 branch is kind of deprecated :) . Proof: http://www.php.net/a...#id2010-07-22-1 . There is little meaning in adapting codebase for 5.2 because it will no longer be supported.

• phazei
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:10 AM #85

PHP 5.2 branch is kind of deprecated :) . Proof: http://www.php.net/a...#id2010-07-22-1 . There is little meaning in adapting codebase for 5.2 because it will no longer be supported.

Yeah... but I heard cs-cart has issues PHP5.3 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). And some of their 'solutions' have been, go back to php 5.2.12 or whatnot.

It doesn't do a good job at writing sustainable code that enables them to be able to upgrade, for ex jQuery.
UnicaCool.com - Instant Cool for your home
UnicaWorld.com - Our new blog

• 2tl
  • Architect
  • Twigmo team
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:26 AM #86

I cannot creat new html block after upgrade to 2.1, can you help me?

Please contact our technical support team via the Help Desk system.

• 2tl
  • Architect
  • Twigmo team
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:27 AM #87

Hi,

I still get the same error message! Even after the changes in config.local.php

• 2tl
  • Architect
  • Twigmo team
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:34 AM #88

Just updated and all of my products are showing as out of stock. For each I usually tick the box "do not track inventory" but CS had had a change. Can anyone help? I do not want to disable inventory tracking.

To solve the problem we have to get more details. Please contact our technical support team via the Help Desk system.

• Net-burst
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:42 AM #89

Yeah... but I heard cs-cart has issues PHP5.3 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). And some of their 'solutions' have been, go back to php 5.2.12 or whatnot.

It doesn't do a good job at writing sustainable code that enables them to be able to upgrade, for ex jQuery.

Yeah, but I have been running PHP 5.3 for quite some time and haven't seen any 5.3 related problems so far.

• 2tl
  • Architect
  • Twigmo team
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:11 AM #90

I knew it works for your demo, but it did more worse for CS-cart 2.1 installed under PHP 5.2.13. or 5.2.14 environment. I don't think reinstall can solve this error, because I still have a unsolved bug ticket - "option combinations can't update some product code and qty under PHP 5.2.13. or 5.2.14 environment" which is almost 1 month open ticket at technical support for CS-cart 2.0.15. That is why I tried to install CS-cart 2.1 to find out any hopes for it, but now is adding new option with explicit PHP error.

PHP 5.2.13 was anounced on 25-February-2010. I think when more and more cs-cart users upgrade their PHP to new up-to-date version, they will meet this bug just like me due to some out-of-date library code under CS-Cart new version.

For your first bug try to replace /controllers/admin/product_options.php with file from clear install of Cs-Cart 2.1.0. Or contact our support department - they will help you with upgrade.

About unsolved bug ticket:
We post the bug report to PHP team, but we still haven't got the answer: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=52347
This bug is reproduced only on some systems, so this issue must be investigated in more details and must be thoroughly tested. We apologize for the delay.

• offex
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:30 AM #91

Hi,

I still have problem with that! Any ideas?

Even after the changes in config.local.php (Fix instructions have been updated.)

Posted Image

m2
i created that folders and now have this
Warning: mkdir() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /home/xxx/public_html/xx/core/fn.fs.php on line 114

Warning: include(/home/xxxxpublic_html/xxx/var/compiled/admin/%%45^45E^45E480CD%%index.tpl.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1258

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/var/compiled/admin/%%45^45E^45E480CD%%index.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/xxxx/public_html/shop/lib/pear/.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1258

Sincerely yours,

Jacek R. // BRAUTWELT
www.brautwelt.com

• 2tl
  • Architect
  • Twigmo team
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:08 PM #92

Hi,

I still have problem with that! Any ideas?

Even after the changes in config.local.php (Fix instructions have been updated.)

Posted Image

Please check, that /catalog/, /skins/, /images/, /var/ directories and their subdirs have 777 rights.

• AmitP
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:22 PM #93

I would love to try and contact the helpdesk 2tl however they have turned round and said I no longer have support credits, I find this quite annoying that an upgrade has broken the store which then means i have to buy credits so that the problem can be fixed? Is this correct?

Regards
VPS 2.0GHz + 1GB RAM

• offex
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:37 PM #94

Please check, that /catalog/, /skins/, /images/, /var/ directories and their subdirs have 777 rights.

Thanks 2tl
Sincerely yours,

Jacek R. // BRAUTWELT
www.brautwelt.com

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3557 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:50 PM #95

I would love to try and contact the helpdesk 2tl however they have turned round and said I no longer have support credits, I find this quite annoying that an upgrade has broken the store which then means i have to buy credits so that the problem can be fixed? Is this correct?

Regards

That is correct, you will also have to buy credits when 2.1.1 will come out. New version, new bugs...

I am waiting for truly stable version.

• 2tl
  • Architect
  • Twigmo team
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:10 PM #96

No option combinations not used on the product in question.
Yes, there is tracking with options
Yes, use quantity select box

Further to the original post - the problem is seen on the product page only, on the category listing page when an out of stock option is selected the "add to cart" button is replaced with "out of stock" - which is what I would expect to see on the product page.

Hope this clarifies for you.

With regard to the ajax is there anything we can do to improve the speed?

EDIT* Have just tried with option combinations on - same problem.

Unfortunately I can't definitely say how to fix you issue. Please provide us with temporary FTP access to you server. Or you can contact our support department.

• kocalka
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:11 PM #97

The upgrade wen well. However, the images I put in product description are broken. THe link seems to be ok but they are not displayed on frontend.

I tried to add the picture again. But it didn't help. In cms edit I can see the image correctly. When saved thez re not showe on fronted on product details page in description.

• timst
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:28 PM #98

That is correct, you will also have to buy credits when 2.1.1 will come out. New version, new bugs...

I am waiting for truly stable version.

Thanks for the laugh Darius.. my thoughts exactly though.
V 4.2.2

• MINISTAR4U
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:34 PM #99

"Can't update some product codes or Qtys inside the option combinations" bug for 2.0.15 still occurred in this new 2.1.0 version under PHP 5.2.13 and up...

It is just one month past after I reported this bug to Tech. Support for 2.0.15 under PHP 5.2.13 ...

My new hope for CS-cart 2.1.0 is broken!!!
CS-Cart v2.0.15 / 2.2.5/ 3.0.3

• shelvi
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:35 PM #100

Hi,
i installed a fresh copy of 2.1 release and tried to restore DB from 2.0.14 which shows

Database error: Unknown column 'object_holder' in 'field list' (1054)
Invalid query: SELECT object_holder, description FROM cscart_common_descriptions WHERE object_id = 0 AND lang_code = 'EN'

Backtrace:
File: D:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\core\fn.database.php
Line: 310
Function: db_error
File: D:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\core\fn.database.php
Line: 245
Function: db_query
File: D:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\core\fn.common.php
Line: 3056
Function: db_get_hash_single_array
File: D:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\core\fn.init.php
Line: 152