Internal Produkt Links with SEO Module

Hi all,

our SEO module works correct for cats, products and single pages. It works fine.

Now I like to create links to another shop products in a product description (Full description). For example: “Please check out product … or product …”. I create this as normal HTML link with internal product ID as target, for example this href = ?dispatch=products.view&product_id=12345

I thought the cart will translate this dispatch link trought SEO module on the same way to my defined static URL like “www.shop.com/cat/12345.html”. The link works but the link address will not rewritet to static URL in the source. Bots will see two different URLs.

So finally how can I set internal links like ?dispatch=products.view&product_id=12345 as static link in the source like www.shop.com/cat/12345.html

Is there a simple way to solve it? I don’t know, maybe a syntax prob from my side or is it not possible to parse product descriptions links by SEO module?

All the best,

Michael

this is not how it works…

your server gets /cat/12345 and it REWRITES as

?dispatch=products.view&product_id=12345

internally to get the proper page…

so only way would be to code your link in the page… use the

{$category_data.name}/{$product.seo_name} or something… in a template

or write a module that translates URL’s to that

Hi vanderex,

thank you for notes but I can’t find out the template tags to create the full path to a product. {$product.seo_name} is fine but my tests to create so virtual path was not successful. Anyone idea or tag set?

And this would be the first step to create a template solution based on a special tag in inline editor source code and a script to read and translate the produkt ID to SEO path + product page. Find special tag(s), convert product ID to full path, replace tag with full path. Done.

Maybe I set just direct static links but it’s avoid our options to change the structure later. I don’t know.

All the best,

Michael

In the template files (*.tpl) you may use the following to generate proper SEO paths to a product (p), category (c) or page (a (i think)):

Put the name here…

p means type of product, and the 278 is the product_id # for it to look it up.

Hope this helps.

Hi owenad,

[quote name=‘owenad’]

Put the name here…

[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for this reply! It’s possible to replace my own product ID tags in “a href” from product description field to needed path over this tag. It works good. Maybe it needs server performance for my script but all links are up to date all the time.

All the best,

Michael

[quote name='owenad' timestamp='1281461844' post='86077']

In the template files (*.tpl) you may use the following to generate proper SEO paths to a product (p), category (c) or page (a (i think)):

Put the name here…

p means type of product, and the 278 is the product_id # for it to look it up.

Hope this helps.

[/quote]

Thanks allot, this did just the job