• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 2.1.0 Release Candidate 1 Rate Topic   - - - - -

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:19 PM #41

I was hoping the the new one page checkout would contain elements of Brandonvd's cart mod on http://www.jandkonli...eckout.checkout
The top of the the payment method tab has the cart contents and the total amount is present, which is what everyone is commenting on. Brandonvd had several changes to this, but I thought it was a good idea and if combined with the Review page that is now in 2.1, then it would be a big improvement. I
The original thread was: http://forum.cs-cart...e page checkout
Not everyone is going to be happy, no matter want the checkout looks like. I was hoping that the entire check out process would be modular so that it would be easy for third party developers to just plug in a new checkout mod.
I attached a screen shot.
Bob

Attached Thumbnails

• One-Page_checkout.jpg

• phazei
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:23 PM #42

I like the new landing page but the one page checkout still sucks as a concept. It's general design is poor for customer ease of use and cart conversion. It's as simple as that...Stuff disappears and new screens appear. For an average online user, I think it is very confusing and a lot of sales will be lost. Since I switched to the multi-page design I've had much better conversions. The CS team needs to go back to the drawing board on the one page checkout IMHO...

That's why they have the choice of one page or multi-page. Personally, I love the one page idea. There's nothing wrong with ajax. I use it frequently all over sites I create. It seems more dynamic to me. Maybe if the sections were setup like tabs or something maybe it might be slightly more clear. I'm fine the way it is. Actually, it would be nice if simply clicking anywhere on any closed section would take you back there. But I haven't thought about that much, could have unforeseen issues.
UnicaCool.com - Instant Cool for your home
UnicaWorld.com - Our new blog

• Ion_Cannon
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:53 PM #43

That's why they have the choice of one page or multi-page. Personally, I love the one page idea. There's nothing wrong with ajax. I use it frequently all over sites I create. It seems more dynamic to me. Maybe if the sections were setup like tabs or something maybe it might be slightly more clear. I'm fine the way it is. Actually, it would be nice if simply clicking anywhere on any closed section would take you back there. But I haven't thought about that much, could have unforeseen issues.

Yeah but I feel it's not really what we like, it's all about our customers as the whole point is conversion. Like I said, I like that they are fixing the landing page and some of the major issues with Open orders and such. That alone is worth upgrading for but I feel the 3 step checkout converts better than this particular one page checkout. Much easier for customers by the experience I've had in my shop so far...
--
Lolita Glasses
Currently Running: CS-Cart 2.2.4

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:06 AM #44

Zeke, please do not rush this release........

It is far more important that 2.1 is as close to perfection as possible rather than hitting some release date goal! We already have 2.0.15, no reason we cannot wait for 2.1 until it is actually ready!

I have been extremely busy lately, however, my 1st impression of the beta was that the address area of the checkout was extremely confusing with the grayed out boxs for the ship to address. There should be a simple Checkbox under the Billing Address which reads: "Ship to Billing Address", if this box is checked then the fields for the Ship To address should then hide & only the bill to address should be displayed. If this box is Not checked, then the fields for the Ship To address should stay expanded.

During checkout customers need to know at all times during the checkout process (as soon as it is humanly possible to be displayed):

- Exactly what am I ordering?
- Exactly where did I choose to have my order shipped?
- Exactly what shipping method have I chosen & what is the actual cost?
- Exactly what is the grand order total I am about to agree to pay?

The display of these 4 details must be clearly displayed for the customer without having to leave the checkout process or navigate to other pages within the process! This is the difference between an excellent checkout experience and a frustrated, confused potential customer!

(More to follow)........ ;)
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• gasngrills
  • Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:24 AM #45

Zeke, please do not rush this release........

There should be a simple Checkbox under the Billing Address which reads: "Ship to Billing Address", if this box is checked then the fields for the Ship To address should then hide & only the bill to address should be displayed. If this box is Not checked, then the fields for the Ship To address should stay expanded.

This is the way it is now except for the billing address is the shipping address by default and I like it this way.

- Exactly what am I ordering?
- Exactly where did I choose to have my order shipped?
- Exactly what shipping method have I chosen & what is the actual cost?
- Exactly what is the grand order total I am about to agree to pay?

The display of these 4 details must be clearly displayed for the customer without having to leave the checkout process or navigate to other pages within the process! This is the difference between an excellent checkout experience and a frustrated, confused potential customer!

This is exactly the way it should be, the mini cart removal was a bad move. All the online stores I frequent and shop at have it this way, I want to know what I'm ordering, shipping cost and this is extremely important if I'm using a discount coupon, I want to know if it was applied before I pay for the order.

CS-Cart 4.11.5

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:44 AM #46

This is the way it is now except for the billing address is the shipping address by default and I like it this way.

Ok, I must have gotten a bit ahead of myself as it now appears they have added the "Checkbox" for shipping address selection rather than the link which was used a couple days ago, so this is a major improvement.

I still find the "grayed out box" concept confusing and would rather the fields simply be hidden rather than grayed out if not used.

In other words, if a customer chooses to "Ship to billing address", then there is no need to display the full address twice. And to display the same address twice of which one of them is "grayed out" creates TMI (too much information)

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:06 AM #47

Also, what happened to forcing customers to physically choose an option (rather than a default selection) on products with options?

I thought this was supposed to added in the 2.1 release?
(unless I am overlooking this someplace I cannot see any differences in the way options are selected......)

For Example: If you are selling shirts in Small, Medium, Large, then the option select box should initially read "Select Size" (the field should Not be filled by default with Small......). Then if the add to cart button is pressed without selecting the size, a popup should display saying "You Must Make a Selection!

By forcing customers to make a conscious choice in selecting options is how you reduce ordering errors...............

• derbytown502
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:18 AM #48

I don't know why this "one page checkout" has caused so much trouble for CS. Should of kept it simple. Take a look at all your big retail sites. They have all perfected the process.

Zappos.com

go through the checkout process for one of the biggest retailers and see how things are done and why customers continue to flock and buy from this giant.

It's not fancy, it's just SIMPLE! S...I...M...P...L...E...!

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:43 AM #49

Also, what happened to forcing customers to physically choose an option (rather than a default selection) on products with options?

I thought this was supposed to added in the 2.1 release?
(unless I am overlooking this someplace I cannot see any differences in the way options are selected......)

For Example: If you are selling shirts in Small, Medium, Large, then the option select box should initially read "Select Size" (the field should Not be filled by default with Small......). Then if the add to cart button is pressed without selecting the size, a popup should display saying "You Must Make a Selection!

By forcing customers to make a conscious choice in selecting options is how you reduce ordering errors...............

A very good point!

Version 4.13.3

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:51 AM #50

In ideas this was updated to be completed in 2.1:

Modify Product Dropdown Option Behavior

Have the ability to make a product's drop down Option required or not. If it is set to required, then the first Select Option should be "Select Option". The item should not be able to be added to the cart unless the dropdown option is correctly chosen off of "Select Option".

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:14 AM #51

Guys, where have you been when we discussed the checkout changes? :)

We've been here but get tired of repeating ourselves over and over again with no results. For example I posted an extremely long time ago (8+ months, maybe 1+yr) that the store locator needs to let the customer search by zipcode and/or by state and their is still no where to add store addresses, we should'nt be forced to use google api, I want mine to work with mapquest, others may want it to work with yahoo ect.... If you input the address this is all you need for mapquest, yahoo ect..currently by default the addon is completely useless, I had to hack the addon to work correctly as it should.

Anyway, no changes will be in the current version. But we surely consider them for the next version (2.1.1).

Again, we're all here, but no one listens. This is a train wreck waiting to happen. I understand about people complaining to add this and that over and over again but you can't ask for feedback without accepting it and implementing the necessary changes needed now, not for a later release. Delaying the release by 1 week, 2 weeks is not a big deal, delay the release and fix the issues.

Another example, we've asked again and again to have the "What's This? link added to the CVV2 field, it's the #1 asked question from customers and causes cart abandonment. It's so easy to add this link and fix the formatting of the fields, the select payment method area looks terrible, it should look more like this:

Posted Image

MYOB is now AccountEdge by Acclivity, this needs to be renamed to the correct name.

Peachtree by Sage should have been a higher priority as more users use Peachtree over AccountEdge, again we've been waiting on this addon forever.

-Sno
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:32 AM #52

Has the Product Configurator been updated to work with products with options in this RC version?

Has the Buy Together Addon been modernized in this RC version?

No, the Product Configurator and the Buy Together addons were not changed in v2.1.0

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:38 AM #53

Once again, regarding the cart content: You can use the "When the customer clicks on any Checkout button/link in the store, redirect to the Cart content page first" option, so customer will be always redirected to the cart page no matter whether Checkout or View cart button is clicked.

Posted Image

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:25 AM #54

The image sno posted is a better layout.

step 2 address shows up like this when you're on step 3

Billing address: Tony Tester 1 test ave Titusville, Florida, United States 11122

That's not an address format!

Tony Tester
1 Test Ave
Titusville, FL USA

is correct.

Will be changed.
Posted Image

• zeke
  • Megamind
  • Administrators
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:35 AM #55

Ok, guys. We've created the "Roadmap" (http://forum.cs-cart...isplay.php?f=53) forum specially for discussions with community about main changes. And we're happy, that people actively participate in these discussions.

But several days before release several people say that we done everything incorrectly... sorry, but we can't cancel all and remake it again. Someone is assured that functionality works correctly, someone - that it's completely unacceptable. Our (very hard) task is to build the product suitable for almost everyone.

So, the conclusion - participate actively in discussions during the specification preparation stage.

Thank you all and... yes, we listen to our customers.

• zeke
  • Megamind
  • Administrators
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:45 AM #56

MYOB is now AccountEdge by Acclivity, this needs to be renamed to the correct name.

As far as I can see the MYOB site and products are still active, so I think renaming will only confuse customers.

• Lima Bean
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:12 AM #57

On the last step of checkout (review) one can't update the order. Not sure if people think this is a problem?

• zeke
  • Megamind
  • Administrators
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:43 AM #58

Folks, please post everything regarding checkout to this thread http://forum.cs-cart...ead.php?t=16846

• sellon
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:24 AM #59

As far as I can see the MYOB site and products are still active, so I think renaming will only confuse customers.

Agree with Zeke,

As far as I know and use, it is still MYOB. I am using MYOB 12.5 and moving to ver19 shortly.

Overall MYOB as a brand & product is still MYOB in various versions.

• customfx
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:12 AM #60

Agree with Zeke,

As far as I know and use, it is still MYOB. I am using MYOB 12.5 and moving to ver19 shortly.

Overall MYOB as a brand & product is still MYOB in various versions.

MYOB is a major player in the Australian market, and has been for nearly 2 decades. In Australia, MYOB and Quickbooks are the biggies for small business.

I am not sure about other countries.
v2.1.1