Shipping Weight in Kgs

I am trying to set up my shipping to various countries world wide however there is a big problem that i can see with it at the moment.

My settings are as follows;

Weight symbol = kgs

Grams in the unit of weight defined by the weight symbol = 1000

Unfortunately in products i can only go to 2 decimal places. yet in shipping i get 3 decimal places. This means that I cannot ship anything of 10gs as this would be 0.001 but when pressing save it defaults back to 0.00. Effectively how can I make product weight 3 decimal places like the shipping settings?

Does anyone know a way around this?

Regards

I have the same problem, is there any solution?

am looking for this too, many products under 10grams - hurting on the shipping as if customer adds 100 products, or 500 products shipping is calculated with weight as zero - no good

will have a tinker and report back

Hello all,

In this case the type of the “weight” field in the “cscart_products” table in the database needs to be changed.

I hope it will help.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1307085795' post='114073']

Hello all,

In this case the type of the “weight” field in the “cscart_products” table in the database needs to be changed.

I hope it will help.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Hi Mikhail,

Where is “cscart_products”? Do you mean Administration>Database>—? I cannot find it.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Hello Ken,

Yes, you can create a database backup that includes only the “cscart_products” table, apply necessary changes to it, and restore the edited backup. You can use instructions in the appropriate article of our Knowledge base:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='AmitP' timestamp='1279025229' post='84184']

I am trying to set up my shipping to various countries world wide however there is a big problem that i can see with it at the moment.

My settings are as follows;

Weight symbol = kgs

Grams in the unit of weight defined by the weight symbol = 1000

Unfortunately in products i can only go to 2 decimal places. yet in shipping i get 3 decimal places. This means that I cannot ship anything of 10gs as this would be 0.001 but when pressing save it defaults back to 0.00. Effectively how can I make product weight 3 decimal places like the shipping settings?

Does anyone know a way around this?

Regards

[/quote]

when dose cs-cart support weight start from 0.001g,it's important for us,we are not technician,it's very hard to set in SQL.can you change it or make a custom option in store setting?