• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trouble installing CS Cart Rate Topic   - - - - -

• d2791
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:26 PM #1

Hi,

I'm installing CS Cart and I'm having lots of trouble getting past the Host and Database settings part.

I have entered everything they ask me for , the server host name, directory, my SQL database name, user, pass, etc...I have doublechecked all this data with my hosting provider, but I still can't get past the Host and Database settings part, I keep getting the same message "can't connect to the database server, please check your settings".

I have been trying for 2 days now and I'm really desperate, as far as I know everything I enter is correct but I keep getting this message

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12052 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:41 PM #2

The message means that some aspect of the credentials you are providing is failing. Could be a case-sensitive issue, a misspelling, etc.

Is this a Linux or Windows environment? It is most certainly related to either the hostname, user or password for your hosting provider's database environment.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.