• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help, All credit card numbers are gone. Rate Topic   - - - - -

• smoked1
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:21 AM #1

I tried to upgrade to the latest version but things did not go well for me so I had to use the backups to restore my old site. For some reason now I can't see the credit card numbers in the admin section like I used to. All of my customers credit card information is gone. Is there a way to get this info back?

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:27 AM #2

I tried to upgrade to the latest version but things did not go well for me so I had to use the backups to restore my old site. For some reason now I can't see the credit card numbers in the admin section like I used to. All of my customers credit card information is gone. Is there a way to get this info back?

All I can say is "Poor Guy!" possibly submit a ticket to the help desk. Hopefully they can pull out one of their tricks 8-P

Apart from that, sorry I have no ideas.

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:38 PM #3

smoked1-

Are you not concerned about the liability issue of keeping customer's credit card information online?

Bob

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:21 AM #4

this information is stored in teh db but its encrypted, usually in teh order_details.extra field but its not readable except thru the admin panel. You should check your table for data, and then go from there.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• Zyles
  • Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:15 AM #5

I think it's more scary that he keeps the creditcard numbers.
Marketing tip:

Did you know a targeted e-mail marketing campaign can bring conversion rates up to 3.9%? By using reliable e-mail marketing software you can upsell to existing customers on a tight budget. If you are not using e-mail marketing you are missing out big time. I recommend and use Aweber.

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:50 AM #6

Well, I'm not here to debate his security of his business. I understand what your saying...but, lets stay on topic :-)
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• smoked1
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:58 PM #7

The security is fine and we do delete credit card numbers after a period of time. The problem is that we have orders that have not been processed yet and now we don't have the credit card numbers.

ETInteractive, I do not see anything that looks like an encrypted credit card number in: "order_details.extra" are you sure that they are not stored in: "cscart_orders.payment_info"?

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 06:52 PM #8

Are you on 1.3.4 or rollback to 1.3.3?

im talking about 1.3.4.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0