• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fedex and USPS Chaos Rate Topic   - - - - -

• pako
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:35 AM #1

There seems to be a few bugs in the shipping settings/methods and I am unclear to why CS-Cart has not made this a top priority so I am posting my concerns here, hoping that someone will address them. They have been posted in other threads but I think that CS-Cart should provide some official fixes.

1.) The auto-assigning of fedex tracking numbers: The cart sends a "ship package message" to fedex which automatically assigns a tracking number and hits your fedex account whenever a customer fetches a realtime rate. This will occur even if checkout does not complete, or the customer chooses another shipping courier.

2.) Customers will not be able to choose fedex as an option if not during regular business hours. When trying to fetch a realtime rate in admin (clicking the test button), errors such as "No pickup available on Saturday, Sunday, or holidays" will appear, and therefore fedex will not show up as an option.

3.) USPS Express Mail: Neither options available actually returns a correct rate. The test in admin seems correct but when testing through the storefront interface it is $2.00 no matter what address is used.

4.) No global priority option. A fellow forum member kindly provided a fix to adding this to the db, however, I think it should be included as a fix or in the next upgrade. Most of my international customers choose this option for lower weights.

At this point I am open to anything, because my cart was supposed to be live two days ago. Any light anyone can shed on any of these issues is greatly appreciated.

Any responses from CS-Cart is desperately sought.

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:08 PM #2

I do not use FedEx, but had the same issues with express mail in 1.3.4 so I went ahead and moved my original USPS shipping php file from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 and now the express mail is working fine. I wish there was a USPS Global Priority mail option too.

Until Fedex is resolved, you may want to do some flat shipping rates manually so the chaos stops.

Regards,
Scott