Products Imported ok, but product URL (link) shows 404 -Page Not Found Error- Error

Hello CS-Cart People,

Please help. I imported products via cvs file. All products imported correctly as seen in products catalog. However, products does not show up in the front-end. WHen I click product preview link, It shows a 404 error. Page Not found:

Page Not Found

The page you have requested cannot be found.

• Go back
  • Go to the homepage

Two or more threads have asked this same questions, and no answer has been given to any. Please can someone offer a possible solution. Imported product links are not working…please help…someone!

Thanks

I have had the 404 error when I import products with the SEO addon enabled. If it is on, disable it and see if your products show. If so, re-activate SEO and see if that gets rid of the 404 error.

You may need to uninstall and reinstall the SEO addon.

Thanks CS-Cart People,

I checked, and SEO was disabled already, but I later discovered that the reason I was having the 404 page error was because the newly created categories and subcategories in the imports were not automatically enabled.

There were disabled on creation with the imports. Enabling the categories and sub-categories resolved the issue.

I was wondering, what do I need to do to have created categories/sub-categories automatically activated. I have a column to activated products, but not categories.

Thanks guys.