How to search by Manufacturer in 2.0.x versions?

Hello,

In version 1.3.x we could create Manufactures (Reebok, LG…) and choose all products from that Manufacturer just choosing the Manufacture’s name in a list (box).

Is this possible in the new versions?

How can I improve a search using Manufactures like parameter?

Tks

Check out Sno’s Shop by Features Addon

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]Check out Sno’s Shop by Features Addon[/QUOTE]

Hello whiplash13,

I know Snow’s Addon. But like you, I have Cs-cart for a long time, since 1.3… and in that versions we could do something like you can see in attachment.

I don’t know what happened between 1.3__ version to 2.0__ lose this feature.

In Snow addon, it is not like a combo box, but a lot of links that spend a big part of a page (correct me if I am wrong).

Tks for try.

cs-carManuf1.jpg

If you search around on the forums you will find a mod that makes it so your manufacturers are in a drop down. I think it might also be on Sno’s site since he is the one that came up with it. I know it was something I requested.

As for the manufacturers themselves, they are now product features. It actually works much better now than in the 1.3 series, but it takes some getting used to. If you look back on the forum you will see tons of threads that deal with people’s fustrations over this.

I use the manufacturers as a feature and then I have also created a manufacturer filter. It works pretty good and I am happy.

I don’t actually use the drop down anymore that Sno made. I really wanted the dropdown appear on the home page and then the regular filters appear on the rest of the pages, I just couldn’t ever figure out how to do that.

As for Sno’s Feature addon, I thought it could be placed in a block and have a dropdown. I believe that is how he has it set up on his homepage. I think his addon might be kind of nice for me, and maybe after I save up a few bucks I’ll purchase it. We’ll see.

Anyways, I hope that at least some of that helped.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]If you search around on the forums you will find a mod that makes it so your manufacturers are in a drop down. I think it might also be on Sno’s site since he is the one that came up with it. I know it was something I requested.

As for the manufacturers themselves, they are now product features. It actually works much better now than in the 1.3 series, but it takes some getting used to. If you look back on the forum you will see tons of threads that deal with people’s fustrations over this.

I use the manufacturers as a feature and then I have also created a manufacturer filter. It works pretty good and I am happy.

I don’t actually use the drop down anymore that Sno made. I really wanted the dropdown appear on the home page and then the regular filters appear on the rest of the pages, I just couldn’t ever figure out how to do that.

As for Sno’s Feature addon, I thought it could be placed in a block and have a dropdown. I believe that is how he has it set up on his homepage. I think his addon might be kind of nice for me, and maybe after I save up a few bucks I’ll purchase it. We’ll see.

Anyways, I hope that at least some of that helped.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Hello Brandon,

Thanks for your answer. And thanks for you “Free shipping” flag tutorial (in other thread). I will try it.

I have just seen your website. It looks good. You work with something near 20 brands. By the way, it is not there what I’d like to do.

In FACT… I think again about it.

I will explain:

When you go in Amazon or buy.com you do not see any BRANDS list.

This make me think: WHY?

Maybe because… BRAND can not be the reason of a costume comes to my website. My costumer want to buy a TV: a Good TV. Not only one Brand.

For example:

You go to my website to buy a Sony TV, but when you are there you take a look that a Samsung LED Tv has a special price and you buy it.

So, Why the BIG webstores don’t use it? I think this search system by brands is in desuse (maybe I am wrong).

I think I don’t want to use anymore.

Sorry.

About your FLAG indicating that a product has FREE FREIGHT I have one question:

Product 1 (for example: 35 Gallon Hexagon Aquasystem (21x24) ) costs $ 350, so it has a flag indicating it is a product with FREE SHIPPING.

Ok.

HOW do you do when we are talking about a product that costs $ 200.00 and other that costs $80.00. The two together cost $280.00 = FREE SHIPPING.

How do you do to system understand that it is a FREE SHIPPING too, if you can not use that funcionality that exists in each product configuration where you check “free shipping” ?

Tks again!

Well, I think you are saying that you aren’t going to use the shop by manufacturers anymore. That’s cool. I like having them as filters though. If you check out Best Buy you will see that this is what they do. The filters are usefull especially if the customer is looking for a Sony TV and doesn’t want a Samsung.

I think Jobosales answered your question about the free shipping in the other thread, but it is all done through promotions. I think it is a cart promotion. If what he said doesn’t help, post back on here and I’ll do my best to help.

The free shipping icon is just for products over a certain price. I guess I could have two icons. One for Free Shipping and one for Qualifies for Free Shipping, but I don’t really want to confuse the customer. My solution isn’t perfect, but it works for me.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Well, I think you are saying that you aren’t going to use the shop by manufacturers anymore. That’s cool. I like having them as filters though. If you check out Best Buy you will see that this is what they do. The filters are usefull especially if the customer is looking for a Sony TV and doesn’t want a Samsung.[/QUOTE]

I think you are right too, in this point. Filters are good. But the BIG companies (maybe not Best buy) don’t use it in the FIRST PAGE because they work with more than 10,000 brands.

I thought to creat a page from A to Z only with brands.

Something like this:

I think you are right when you talk about when the costumer want to buy a specific brand, in our example a Sony TV.

Because he click in the ELETRONICS category > TVs > inside the subcategory a FILTER by BRAND and by PRICE could be very useful.

I think like you in this point. But not in the FIRST PAGE, ok?

[QUOTE]I think Jobosales answered your question about the free shipping in the other thread, but it is all done through promotions. I think it is a cart promotion. If what he said doesn’t help, post back on here and I’ll do my best to help.

The free shipping icon is just for products over a certain price. I guess I could have two icons. One for Free Shipping and one for Qualifies for Free Shipping, but I don’t really want to confuse the customer. My solution isn’t perfect, but it works for me.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

In fact, I’d like to create something more useful than just use a COUPON CODE (promotion). Sure if I want something to start to use fast, I think this will be a good exit.

But I will try to find a second solution. Because the SYSTEM need to be smart to know if that shopping is elegible for a FREE SHIPPING or not.

[QUOTE]One for Free Shipping and one for Qualifies for Free Shipping[/QUOTE]

To say you the truth… I am confused about what you’d like to do with this 2nd flag…HEHEEH.

In my case:

Products that has less than 4kg and costs more than $100.00 I will check the FREE SHIPPING box inside the admin configuration (and a flag will appear near the product’s price).

The others… NOT. They will not have a flag. But, in the final, in checkout, if the FINAL PRICE is big and the weight is not so big… I will give a FREE SHIPPPING to my costumer.

----

Do you like version 2.0.14 ? Is it working fine? I am afraid to upgrade.

[quote name=‘dragondf’]

The others… NOT. They will not have a flag. But, in the final, in checkout, if the FINAL PRICE is big and the weight is not so big… I will give a FREE SHIPPPING to my costumer.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that any products that have “Free shipping” checked will be excluded from the shipping calculations. For instance, if you have a $90 free shipping item and a $20 non-free shipping item, your promotion for order totals will not works because the $90 item is excluded from the shipping calculations.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Keep in mind that any products that have “Free shipping” checked will be excluded from the shipping calculations. For instance, if you have a $90 free shipping item and a $20 non-free shipping item, your promotion for order totals will not works because the $90 item is excluded from the shipping calculations.

Bob[/QUOTE]

This is a very important information.

In your example, the system undertand the shopping cost is $ 20,00 ? And like U$ 20,00 is under the $99.99 (Free shipping)… that shopping will not have a free shipping, but it will calculate shipping cost like if there is only the $20.00 product.

Is this?

Is there a way to scam this?

Because If I don’t check the “FREE SHIPPING” inside the Product administration panel, I can not see the FLAG near the price (this is bad).

But, in other hand… I can not say:

FREE SHIPPING OVER $99.99

And, in the final of checkout… it is not free.

This is the way it works; there is no ‘trick’ around this to my knowledge.

Bob

Bob, either I missunderstood you or your not quite right. I’m betting I missunderstood you.

To test what you said, I have:

1- 10 gallon aquarium - $95.00 with free shipping set in the product admin

1- Water pump - $100.00

Since I have free shipping on orders over $250.00 the customer is charged for shipping for this order because the subtotal is $195.00. Now the customer is only charged for shipping for the pump becuase the aquarium has free shipping reguardless of the cost. This is perfect.

Now if I add a second water pump my total goes to $295.00 which is over the free shipping limit so the entire order ships free. The price of the aquarium is still added into the total order amount and the promotion kicks in just like it should.

The way I read your post, you were saying that the price of the aquarium wasn’t supposed to be added in. To me, the way it works is exactly the way it should. Like I said at the beginning, maybe I missunderstood you.

Dragondf,

I agree with the filters. The way you describe the way you want it, you should be great.

As for 2.0.14, I’ve been very happy so far. My only complaint is the way the inventory management is done with the product options. I’m actually going to post a bug report in a little bit. This has been my only problem though.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Bob, either I missunderstood you or your not quite right. I’m betting I missunderstood you.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I just tried this and it works as I described. It could have something to do with the fact that I have the ‘Suppliers’ addon enabled (although all the items I chose were from the same supplier). Tool Outfitters also mentioned that it worked this way in this Bug Tracker thread:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1311[/url]

Now, I am confused, Are you using the Suppliers addon? It would be nice if it works as you describe.

Bob

I will test it now to try.

Give me 10minutes.

My version is 2.0.12

Nope, I’m using 2.0.14 and not using the suppliers addon.

Most of my aquariums are set to Free Shipping, but here is one that costs less than $250.00.

[url]http://www.saltwatertogo.com/aquariums-and-stands/acrylic-aquariums/rectangular-tanks/standard-rectangular-tanks/rectangular-tanks-under-20-gallons/10-gallon-tru-vu-aquarium-model-10-r-rectangular-20x10x12.html[/url]

Add that to your cart and then add a pump like the:

[url]http://www.saltwatertogo.com/pumps-powerheads-parts/circulation-pumps/coralife-pumps/coralife-cp2900-pump-2-900-gph.html[/url]

You will see that you don’t get free shipping.

Change the quantity of the pumps to 2 and then recalculate. You will see that you now have free shipping.

Brandon

Brandon-

It definitely works properly on your site which is great. I will retest again to see if I get the same results on my test site. It is most likely just another glitch with the Supplier addon.

Bob

I have just tested it in my version 2.0.12

Everything looks fine.

I got 2 products:

1. $117 with FREE SHIPPING in Admin Panel.

2. $ 38.00 with SHIPPING COST.

When I insert 2 inside shopping cart… NO SHIPPING COST.

So, happilly things are working and no problem about using “FREE SHIPPING” check and get a FLAG near product’s price.

TAKE A LOOK IN THIS IMAGE:

:slight_smile:

Well, I just tested this on the demo store and it works properly there too so I think it must be related to the Supplier addon. I will need to do some more testing on my test site. At least it works properly for people not using Suppliers.

Bob

Okay, tested some more and am happy to report that this works fine with the Supplier addon. Just a boneheaded mistake on my part - my promotion was out-of-date.

Bob

Glad to hear this is working yall. I never checked it in 2.x, I just knew it didn’t work in 1.3.5 and just stood clear of it.

Wow! How I can realize like this?: