• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Auto assigning of fedex tracking numbers Rate Topic   - - - - -

• pako
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:01 AM #1

It seems as though the cart auto assigns tracking number when using fedex as a ship option. I know this because after testing our cart, I log into my fedex account and see several tracking numbers listed and pending to be shipped. How does this feature work? For example, how would I "ship" that package with the corresponding tracking number. And if this is not feasible how do I disable this feature?!?

Anyone else figured this out? We use fedex ship manager.

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:40 AM #2

It seems as though the cart auto assigns tracking number when using fedex as a ship option. I know this because after testing our cart, I log into my fedex account and see several tracking numbers listed and pending to be shipped. How does this feature work? For example, how would I "ship" that package with the corresponding tracking number. And if this is not feasible how do I disable this feature?!?

Anyone else figured this out? We use fedex ship manager.

This is a reported bug:

http://vb.cs-cart.co...iew&vbug_id=130

Larry
SculptingStudio.com
DigitalOcean VM

Ubuntu 14.04

Nginx

• pako
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:18 AM #3

Thank you, I did the fix but now fedex does not come up at all as an option and when I test it in admin, it gives me an error

FedEx Return Error 123F : Sunday shipments must be marked as future day.

or

FedEx Return Error FF43 : No pickup on Saturday, Sunday or holiday.

Does this mean anyone who isn't ordering during Fedex normal business hours are not going to be able to choose fedex as a shipping option?!? This is a major issue if its true.

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:02 AM #4

Thank you, I did the fix but now fedex does not come up at all as an option and when I test it in admin, it gives me an error

FedEx Return Error 123F : Sunday shipments must be marked as future day.

or

FedEx Return Error FF43 : No pickup on Saturday, Sunday or holiday.

Does this mean anyone who isn't ordering during Fedex normal business hours are not going to be able to choose fedex as a shipping option?!? This is a major issue if its true.

I'm not seeing this error.

Larry
SculptingStudio.com
DigitalOcean VM

Ubuntu 14.04

Nginx

• pako
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:21 AM #5

I'm not seeing this error.

Larry....do you think its related to this post?
http://vb.cs-cart.co...highlight=fedex

When you go into your admin shipping methods....and use the "test" button do you get a rate? This is where I get the errors. However, now its Monday here...and now when I "test" it I get a rate. This cannot be a bug with FedEx because my old cart we never had a problem. I am going to bump this bug...almost all of our orders happen on the weekends/holidays.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:10 PM #6

Larry....do you think its related to this post?
http://vb.cs-cart.co...highlight=fedex

When you go into your admin shipping methods....and use the "test" button do you get a rate? This is where I get the errors. However, now its Monday here...and now when I "test" it I get a rate. This cannot be a bug with FedEx because my old cart we never had a problem. I am going to bump this bug...almost all of our orders happen on the weekends/holidays.

I've seen missing rates before I changed FedEx. FedEx is down for shipping during the weekend so you can't do a 021 transaction (Ship a Package Request). Since I changed FedEx to 025 transaction (Rate Available Services Request), I get rates. Since CS-Cart is using 021 and if you setup one of your shipping methods as USPS and they are down and it is the weekend, you should get no rates being returned. There isn't a problem with the FedEx tagged transactions (I talked to FedEx weeks ago), there is a problem with CS-Cart using the wrong tagged transaction type. I reported this some time ago in their bug tracker, but 1.3.4 was released without it being fixed. I also reported another bug with USPS using the wrong codes also. Both of the bugs show "Unconfirmed" as of today. Since I'm a software engineer, I just fix the bugs as I find them. I don't know if I will ever upgrade at this point.

Larry
SculptingStudio.com
DigitalOcean VM

Ubuntu 14.04

Nginx