• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Improved caching system Rate Topic   - - - - -

• nedd
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:05 PM #61

We've added support for several cache data storages in 2.1.1. At this moment the following methods are supported: file (default), sqlite, mysql and shared memory.

Can you explain that in detail? I've just upgraded to 2.1.1 and can't find anything related to cache and mentioned methods.

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:10 PM #62

I've got this error:
Can you help with it?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file' in /home/british/public_html/core/class.registry.php:297 Stack trace: #0 /home/british/public_html/core/class.registry.php(297): PDO->__construct('sqlite:/home/br...') #1 /home/british/public_html/core/class.registry.php(203): Registry::init_db() #2 /home/british/public_html/core/class.registry.php(247): Registry::_get_cache('settings', 'cache') #3 /home/british/public_html/init.php(87): Registry::register_cache('settings', Array, 'cache') #4 /home/british/public_html/index.php(23): require('/home/british/p...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/british/public_html/core/class.registry.php on line 297

Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

The reason was - I deleted folder "cache"

for anyone that needs to figure this one out !... make sure your files are owned by the httpd daemon user ( apache,httpd etc) else they can't create the dir/files.
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:48 AM #63

With these changes, does config.local.php still need this:
$config['cache_backend'] = 'sqlite';
I assume so, but dont see it mentioned.
Also, since making these changes I get this error now when using &cc.
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Registry::cleanup() in /home/myusername/public_html/store/init.php on line 86.
But, if the cache no longer needs clearing, then its not an issue?

GTmetrx.com speed tests dont show any speed difference after several re-tests, the speed is the same (5.7s - 6.2s) as for "files" caching.

Update: This, for our v2.1.4 cart was a Disaster! At first the cart seemed to maybe work faster and work well . within one day we realized that the Orders were not processing via PayPal and the order records would not show up in the list!!

Caution, check your cart operation thoroughly after implementing.!!