• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dynamic Tabs Rate Topic   - - - - -

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:39 PM #41

well if you pitch in only $25 your getting a $300 module for $25...not bad, however I see and understand your point. We currently have enough money to purchase the original previous mod but it was very limited in capabilities...the new one will be able to upload pictures with the ability for global tabs that can link/unlink tabs to products ect, in reality it's only costing you $25 for a $300 mod and I myself don't really need this mod but hey if I can get it for $25 why not...
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:52 PM #42

Ill second that....

Im in ! It could save me a bit of time altough my site is now sufficient with the hard coded tabs would be nice to have a backend admin...
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:53 PM #43

Quick Q...

How do CS-Cart stand on the whole "Sharing Issue" I know you cannot resell their code, but what about code share ??
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:23 PM #44

I hate to play devil's advocate but I think $300.00 is way out of line. I have to ask myself if a bit of eye candy is worth that much. If this were something that would vastly improve the quality of the shopper's experience and help with conversions I would be behind it.

It probably wouldn't be that useful of a tool for you, but it's critical for me. I sell just about anything having to do with a computer and I need a tab for detailed specs and one for the general descriptions, and one for images.

One thing I can say with a great deal of confidence is that CS-C has always been fair with the prices they charge. I've had them do some stuff for me and when it was done, I felt like they did a hellofallot more work than I was paying them for. As far as the dynamic tabs coding is concerned, I think I'm getting something I need for a very fair price. Is it ultimately going to end up in the program? It damn well better. That was one of the most important specifications. If Sno or any of the other super coders here want to write the code themselves and sell it, more power to them. But if CS-C does it, I want it as part of the program. It's WAY too complex for me to install on my own, which would prevent me from upgrading in the future. I don't mind in the slightest throwing in a few bucks to get something I need bumped to the top of the development schedule.

Cheers,

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:44 PM #45

How do CS-Cart stand on the whole "Sharing Issue" I know you cannot resell their code, but what about code share ??

as far as I know we can share code among other valid CS license holders...we just need the others who said they could chip in to donate and we'll be golden on this mod...

Mike we'll be able to help you install this mod when it's done and even in future versions if it's not included, it should'nt be too bad, one thing I was trying to get others to do is let us know what mods you have had CS code for you and people can swap/trade mods...I see no reason why we could'nt trade mods...

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:27 PM #46

Sno... check your paypal again !! :cool: Its worth every penny or cent, dime or dollar... whatever you guys over in the US call em !!
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:51 PM #47

Thanks very much for the donation SWS, we're going to make sure this is a top notch mod...

• Brandito
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:08 PM #48

Count me in Sno... I'm on my office computer right now, but I will send my donation when I get home.
[SIZE="1"]Current Version:
CS Cart 1.3.4 SP2

Current Mods installed:
Thickbox (with e-menu) : Tabbed product details : Previous & Next Navigation (with SEO mod by SWS) : Manufacturer META tags[/SIZE]

• EagleRose
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:17 PM #49

Hey Sno and all,
Just made my contribution. Looking forward to this mod being done.

EagleRose
Eagle Rose Lingerie
"Bringing Spice to Your Life"
www.eagleroselingerie.com

1.34 sp2

• zardos
  • Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:45 PM #50

Hi snorocket

Just sent you $65.00 check your email snorocket

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:52 PM #51

Looks like thats the cash raised then... :-D
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:59 PM #52

Yeah we did it !!!
we still have folks who said they could and would donate so just because we reached our goal of $300 does'nt mean you should'nt make a donation anymore, we still need your donation. What we agreed to do is divide the money over $300 and issue refunds to all donors so everyone will actually get a few dollars back...

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:50 PM #53

Add me Sno, How much you want paypal style?
PM if you'ld like
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:57 PM #54

it's a donation but $25 seems to be the generous rate and we'll divide based on how many donors and issue refunds so you'll most likely get $2 or $3 dollars back...I'm in contact with CS and waiting to get the invoice...I will keep everyone informed.

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:03 PM #55

$25 over
Guess it's a pending question but 1.3.5 compatible at all?
I'll await the mod
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:11 AM #56

the mod will be coded for v1.3.5 because it will be close to release by the time our mod is done however it should be backwards compatible, if we encounter problems with backwards compatibility we'll make it work but I seriously doubt we'll have any problems...

Their's 9 donors in the donation pool which means we're getting a refund of $3.88. If anyone else wants this mod it's time to make a donation, do the math, another $25 donation and we'll all get back $6 which means the next doner is going to get a $300 mod for $19....WOW

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:48 AM #57

I just kicked in another $15, but I'd rather you just go ahead and keep my refund. There's no doubt in my mind that administrative services and a bit of code tweaking is in store for you. It's not much, but at least it will get you a cheeseburger, fries and a Coke on me as a small gesture of appreciation. :D

Cheers,
Mike

• MikeFold
  • Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:14 AM #58

I am amazed at the great response..way to come together gang!

As far as a refund, you can keep mine too,regardless of how many more kick in.

• Luthien
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:05 AM #59

Count us in. $25 was sent 5 minutes ago to you Sno. Thanks for organising this.

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:20 PM #60

Quite strange really... only yesterday you where $200 short and now you its well exceeded :-D

No need for a refund m8, maybe we could pool the excess donations up for another custom coded mod... get those cogs churning for great ideas !! What do you think ?

This is what I call, true community spirit !! and I love it..
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]