• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dynamic Tabs Rate Topic   - - - - -

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:36 PM #21

If CS does this mod then the tabs need to be product specific meaning that I need Tab#1 to show for Product#1 only and Tab#2 to show only on Product#2. This can be done similar to global product options in which we can create the tabs in the tabs manager and then in product details we can add by association each tab with each product ect...

Example I may want Tab#1 to show only on Product 1 and Tab#2 to show only on products2, 3, 4 and Tab#3 to show only on product 5

I think you've got a good suggestion there. I'll run it by Oleg and find out if it's complicated to add that feature.

Well, so far we're at 5 contributors, if we get 5 more it's only $15 each. :D.
There's enough in the pot to go ahead and order the mod, but it would be appreciated if more folks would contribute. I see this as a free add on once it's finished, but that don't mean we can't pitch in on the front end.

Thanks,
Mike

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:44 PM #22

I see this as a free add on once it's finished, but that don't mean we can't pitch in on the front end.

no pay no mod, that just gives people a reason not to pay in hopes of eventually getting the mod free at someone elses expense...
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:58 PM #23

no pay no mod, that just gives people a reason not to pay in hopes of eventually getting the mod free at someone elses expense...

I'm comfy there's enough of us that will put up the dough. From what I understand, any mod CS puts together will be available as a freebie eventually. I had them write a payment gateway for the merchant service I sell, and they were adamant that I couldn't have the exclusive even though I paid for it.

Truth be known, I don't mind if this mod is put out for free. It probably would have made it into the next version anyway, paid for or not, but the next version isn't likely to be out for many more months and I could use it right now.

Thanks to everyone who's contributing.

Cheers,
Mike

• Brandito
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:51 AM #24

Hey there, I don't mind paying for this mod development... But I don't really get why we should? What are we gaining by paying CS Cart to do the mod, instead of just using the one baballuci made. Are we just pretty much paying CS Cart to make the mod a part of the default package in later versions? Or am I just slow tonite and missing something?

Oh by the way baballuci, can we put code in the dynamic tab field? Like to setup one with a send to friend form? Or can we only use text?

Thanks,

Brandon
[SIZE="1"]Current Version:
CS Cart 1.3.4 SP2

Current Mods installed:
Thickbox (with e-menu) : Tabbed product details : Previous & Next Navigation (with SEO mod by SWS) : Manufacturer META tags[/SIZE]

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:44 AM #25

I personally have several reasons, foremost of which is that I'm uncomfortable tinkering with code, especially mySQL. Of equal importance is that the code be included in the next version. Updates from CS overwrite any custom coding and basically wreck your cart until you get everything modded back. That's IF your old mod works with the new version. The other reason is time to completion. If CS does it, it's sure to make it into the next version. If someone submits the code, it's a toss up whether they'll incorporate it or not. So if I'm afraid to take on Baballuci's solution, (cluck, cluck, cluck), I'm forced to wait (and hope) CS will include it into the next version. I'd bet the farm that it will be months until the next version comes out, so it makes better business sense to go ahead and get it done by them right now. I know this will be a popular add-on, and I'm sure there's enough of us that see the benefits and are willing to shoulder the development costs together with other CS family members.

Cheers,
Mike

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:26 PM #26

ok so far we have:

MikeK
sholand
snorocket
zardos
brandito
MikeFold
TESTNTOOLS.co.nz

at $21.43/ea, who are we missing?

• MikeFold
  • Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:47 PM #27

ok so far we have:

MikeK
sholand
snorocket
zardos
brandito

at $30/ea, who are we missing?

add me to the list sno

i'm in.....

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:03 PM #28

ok Mike (MikeK) how are we going to go about doing this, you pay CS $150 and we pay you $25/ea, I suggest everyone use paypal for payment, do you want payment before or after. If you don't want to I can take care of the payment arrangements as well...

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:58 PM #29

ok Mike (MikeK) how are we going to go about doing this, you pay CS $150 and we pay you $25/ea, I suggest everyone use paypal for payment, do you want payment before or after. If you don't want to I can take care of the payment arrangements as well...

I'll get in touch with Oleg and see if he can invoice us directly.

Cheers,
Mike

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:28 PM #30

I have sent the following to CS:

Hi Oleg,

Several people on the forums have agreed to pitch in to this project. Is it possible to create an invoice for $25 each? The invoice would go to:

MikeK
sholand
snorocket
zardos
brandito
MikeFold

Also, some good suggestions were made on the forum. If we add one or both of these specifications, would it change the price?

The suggestions are:

The tabs need to be product specific meaning that I need Tab#1 to show for Product#1 only and Tab#2 to show only on Product#2. This can be done similar to global product options in which we can create the tabs in the tabs manager and then in product details we can add by association each tab with each product ect.

Example I may want Tab#1 to show only on Product 1 and Tab#2 to show only on products2, 3, 4 and Tab#3 to show only on product 5

and,

The ability to add HTML to the tag itself. This would give the ability to switch images on mouseover, popup a balloon, etc.

Thank you,
Mike

• Brandito
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:46 PM #31

Hey Mike,

Could you also ask about adding PHP + Smarty code to the dynamic tabs? Because HTML is pretty cool, but sometimes you might need more dynamic content in the tab. And we should keep the options open.

Regards,

Brandon
CS Cart 1.3.4 SP2

Current Mods installed:
Thickbox (with e-menu) : Tabbed product details : Previous & Next Navigation (with SEO mod by SWS) : Manufacturer META tags[/SIZE]

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:55 PM #32

Hey Mike,

Could you also ask about adding PHP + Smarty code to the dynamic tabs? Because HTML is pretty cool, but sometimes you might need more dynamic content in the tab. And we should keep the options open.

Regards,

Brandon

Done.
Thanks

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:45 PM #33

Mike, it's going to be best to just pay it in full and then we pay you. If you liek I'll pay it in full and peopel can pay me via paypal because it's a waste of CS's time to generate 7+ invoices ect...plus more peoepl are joining, I'll talk to CS tommorrow about this...in teh mean time others please join up were at only $21.43/ea.

• Brandito
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:03 AM #34

Couple of things I just noticed...

2. The "Manage tabs" page will have the following functionalities:
- Add new custom tab button
- Delete custom tab button
- Update name of each custom tab button

Does this mean that we can only create static tabs, with pre-defined content, and then select in the product details page if we wan't it to be included?

3. Also admin will be able to define the following on the tab details page.
- Update tab name
- Edit tab content

This statement also appears to me to be saying that you can create custom tabs, but they have pre-defined content, and you select the ones you want to include in the product details page. Instead of just being able to create tabs in the product details page, add a name, and add the content you wan't right there. Which is how the mod functions now, and it makes a lot more sense to have it run that way.

I would really like to get this mod made, but it makes no sense to be running it the way I think it will be made.

Am I miss understanding something? Please correct me if I am...

Regards,

Brandon
CS Cart 1.3.4 SP2

Current Mods installed:

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:28 AM #35

Mike, it's going to be best to just pay it in full and then we pay you. If you liek I'll pay it in full and peopel can pay me via paypal because it's a waste of CS's time to generate 7+ invoices ect...plus more peoepl are joining, I'll talk to CS tommorrow about this...in teh mean time others please join up were at only $21.43/ea.

Actually, it's probably better if you take the reins since you have a much closer relationship with the dev's. I'm happy to send you my share anytime. Let me know where to send it, or send a funds request to Mike@NVone.com.

Thanks Sno!

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:29 PM #36

Hi Brandon, the tabs will not be pre-defined and you will have the ability to define whatever name and content you want in each tab. The reason I gave my explanation how I woud like to see them is that if you have 100 products and 40 of those products have the same tab it would be nice to change the 1 associated tab with those 40 products once instead of going into 40+ individual products and updating every single tab...it appears the way CS quoted the mod that it will be made in similar fashion to the already existing tabs mod which is FREE if you just take the time to mod it...but with the added ability to create, delete and edit new tabs...

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:30 AM #37

Update: I got this from CS:

Several people on the forums have agreed to pitch in to this project. Is it possible to create an invoice for $25 each? The invoice would go to:

We can just raise the $150 invoice for you. After the project is finished we will provide you with customization package. Also we can install this project to your server. Then you will be able to provide anyone you wish with this customization package.

Is this possible?

We will create a template e.g. "custom_tub.tpl" and admin will be able to edit it via "Template Editor". This template will contain the tab description Smarty variable only, so admin will be able to add/remove any information there. But this information will be also displayed in other custom tabs.

Also, some good suggestions were made on the forum. If we add one or both of these specifications, would it change the price?
The suggestions are:
The tabs need to be product specific meaning that I need Tab#1 to show for Product#1 only and Tab#2 to show only on Product#2. This can be done similar to global product options in which we can create the tabs in the tabs manager and then in product details we can add by association each tab with each product ect.
Example I may want Tab#1 to show only on Product 1 and Tab#2 to show only on products2, 3, 4 and Tab#3 to show only on product 5 and, The ability to add HTML to the tag itself. This would give the ability to switch images on mouseover, popup a balloon, etc.

Yes, addition of these features requires extra custom development work and will change the price. Let me know if you are interested in it and I will provide you with a new quote.
We look forward to hearing from you.

I told him to go ahead and quote for the additional work. I should have an answer by the morning. But I'll also have him start working with Sno.

Cheers,
Mike

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:49 PM #38

eveyone that wants the Dynamic Tabs mod needs to make a donation to paypal@snorocket.com and PM also.

The price of the custom mod has jumped to $300...so far we have $100 from:

$25 - Snorocket
$25 - MikeK
$25 - MikeFold
$25 - TESTNTOOLS.co.nz

mod will take 10 days after invoice to complete and is being coded by CS...

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:40 PM #39

we need you guys who said you would help out to step up to the plate and follow through, below is more details on the developemnt of the Dynamic Tabs mod:

In this case we can offer you the following project.

1. We will add a new "Tabs to product details page" module.
2. We will add "Global Tabs" link to the "CMS" sidebox this feature will similar to Global product options. Admin will be able Add, Edit, Update, Delete tabs and then apply and/or link the tabs to products.
3. In product details page admin will be able to Edit, Add, Update, Delete and Link Tabs similar to how product options work.
4. Every Tab will have "Position" field and "Available" checkbox field.

You will not be able to change the tab background image and border color via the back-end. But we can provide you with instructions so you could perform it by yourself.
5. Each tab will have the tab details page and admin will be able to define the following on this page.
Edit following:
- tab name
- position;
- avail
- tab content
- tab background image
6. If the "Tabs to product details page" module is active then product details page will have tabs in the storefront

The modification of such complexity will cost $300
We can start working for you in 15 business days after the payment is made. The whole task will take us 8-10 days to complete.
Please let me know if you are interested and I will raise the invoice.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

• roban
  • Moderators
  • 1132 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:22 PM #40

I hate to play devil's advocate but I think $300.00 is way out of line. I have to ask myself if a bit of eye candy is worth that much. If this were something that would vastly improve the quality of the shoipper's experience and help with conversions I would be behind it.