Where this bar code gets its info?

I am a little perplexed by the values in the barcodes. I attach a picture where, as you see, the order number is #1 and the value in the bar code is, well, what is it? Where is it coming and where is it used? Just weird, letters, numbers… Is it just a pretty picture like an oversized exhaust on a rice car?

[QUOTE]Is it just a pretty picture[/QUOTE]

It is nothing more than that unless you plan on actually using the barcode in some stage of your order processing! :wink:

You can disable the barcodes from your admin panel.

I don’t want to disable… I want to use it. Damn it, I paid for it…

Just not sure how to use that crazy value.

Let us not disable what we don’t understand. Let us be inquisitive and try to get to the bottom of it… Would you agree?

Ok, it seems that the addon has settings on addon page that allow to set for prefix.

‘Barcode prefix:FF45CR99’

There is only one problem…

If your order number is: 1

It shows: FF45CR9901 (not sure where the zero comes from)

I guess, if the order #99999

…it would show FF45CR99099999 (based on the example in the addon settings)

which does not pad to proper place… I would expect order #1 to be something like FF45CR990000001

[quote name=‘TexasGuy’]I don’t want to disable… I want to use it. Damn it, I paid for it…

Just not sure how to use that crazy value.

Let us not disable what we don’t understand. Let us be inquisitive and try to get to the bottom of it… Would you agree?[/QUOTE]

Alright, you asked for it!

The barcode feature in CS-Cart does basically nothing! It was as if they decided to implement barcodes as a feature, however, they implemented about as little as they possibly could have & apparently haven’t touched it again…

As I recall, if you were to decypher the barcode it will contain the “Order Number” only, no order product details, no address details, etc, etc. So, you can go out and buy yourself a really slick barcode reader, connect it to your usb port, and read the order number from your orders if you like! :cool:

I already have all that, we already use a system similar to this one. Plus, barcodes are so 80’s… :wink:

Hello!

Yes, we’re a little 80’s / 90’s with barcodes, but it makes the process of picking orders much faster than reading long product codes 3 shelves up… :slight_smile:

Could someone please provide a summary of the process involved in allowing EAN-13 barcodes to be ouput on the screen or printed, rather than those barcodes currently built-in to CS-Cart?

For example:

• What data is sent to the file,
  • What data is returned,
  • Can you do it?

If you could please provide a quotation for the implementation of EAN-13 barcodes to be displayed on picking/packing slips, alongside each part?

Thank you very much!

:slight_smile: