Which hook to use for after successful order

I was using the hook “place_order”, but this gets called regardless of the status of the order. I need to post data using curl to our drop shipper upon successful order. I have the script working perfectly, now just need to make it only occur when it is a successful transaction not on every attempt at placing an order.

In “place_order”, the order status is always set to “B” (or backorder) so it is useless to me in trying to determine if I should post to the drop shipper or not.

[quote name=‘sccr410’]I was using the hook “place_order”, but this gets called regardless of the status of the order. I need to post data using curl to our drop shipper upon successful order. I have the script working perfectly, now just need to make it only occur when it is a successful transaction not on every attempt at placing an order.

In “place_order”, the order status is always set to “B” (or backorder) so it is useless to me in trying to determine if I should post to the drop shipper or not.[/QUOTE]

use ‘order_placement_routines’. This is called only when a payment processor completes processing. It will not work for phone orders, fax, etc. where there is no processor_id.