• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can I comment out cart? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• guitargeek
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:28 PM #1

Hi, I want ecommerce functionality on my site in about 3 months, for now I will be selling using affiliate program.

How can I comment out the code that displays the "Cart is Empty" the basket image and checkout link?
They are on the top left.
I’m not sure which template to edit and would really appreciate somebody’s wisdom here!:)

Kind Regards

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11363 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:52 AM #2

Hi, I want ecommerce functionality on my site in about 3 months, for now I will be selling using affiliate program.

How can I comment out the code that displays the "Cart is Empty" the basket image and checkout link?
They are on the top left.
I’m not sure which template to edit and would really appreciate somebody’s wisdom here!:)

Kind Regards

Working from memory (I.e. without looking), check out skins/<your_skin>/customer/top.tpl.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• guitargeek
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:30 AM #3

Working from memory (I.e. without looking), check out skins/<your_skin>/customer/top.tpl.

That’s what I though, I have been commenting random lines out in the hope that i will stumble on the right one! Lol

Unfortunately, I have yet to find the right one!
If or when I find the answer, I will post it back here to help any others in the future who cant find a solution.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11363 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:14 PM #4

Comment out this line in skins/<your_skin>/customer/top.tpl
 {include file="views/checkout/components/cart_status.tpl"}

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• guitargeek
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:43 PM #5

Thanks for that! Worked great!:P