MOD: Product filter

Hallo all CS-cart Forum users

I am right now speaking with the CS-CART dudes to make them create a new mod called

“Product Filter” this mod will change the way the Product filters work and are shown.

I hope you will donate abit to this project as it cost me alot money to create both this mod and the other new mod “In Stock” that i am going to share with you soon (think its going on to SNO this mod)…

[QUOTE]The “Product filters” modification.

1. We will add the “Column number” input field (digits only) to the details window of product filters.
  2. We will change the appearance of blocks with the “Block content” option set to “Product filters” and the “Filling” option set to “Dynamic” so that if such a block is displayed in the central section then the following changes will be applied to it:
  • Product filters will be displayed in a multicolumn table according to column numbers specified for each filter in the “Column number” option (point #1)
  • Product filter variants will be displayed as selectboxes

We will develop this modification for CS-Cart version 2.0.14.

We will prepare the customization package and upload it to your File Area. Also we will prepare the instructions which will help you to install this modification on your server (customdata.dk).

We will use the “electro” storefront skin and the “Basic” skin for the admin panel.

The modification will be installed ONLY on the domain(s) specified in this detailed description.

While developing this modification we will do only what is described above.

All additions and changes of this modification will require some extra payments.

This project will correctly work in Internet Explorer 6 (for Windows OS), Internet Explorer 7 (for Windows OS), FireFox 3 (for Linux and Windows OS), Safari 2 (for Mac OS), Google Chrome and Opera 9.5 (for Linux OS) browsers.

We cannot guarantee you fully that there will not be any errors during the upgrade. However, we will do our best so that new addon can be upgraded with minimal conflicts.

(!) This modification does not include Installation service (The installation of CS-Cart software).

The modification of such complexity will cost USD 385.

At the moment we can start working for you only in 2 weeks after the payment is made.

The whole task will take us 7 business days to complete. [/QUOTE]

I will personal trow about 100-150$ in this mod.! So i where hoping some of you will be able to help (both big and small are welcome)

What do your mods do ?

:rolleyes:

[quote name=‘cassim’]Hallo all CS-cart Forum users

I am right now speaking with the CS-CART dudes to make them create a new mod called

“Product Filter” this mod will change the way the Product filters work today!

And i where hoping that you will be able to help me with the data text.!

Also i hope you will donate abit to this project as it cost me alot money to create both this mod and the other new mod “In Stock” that i am going to share with you soon…

I am going to post some the projeck info later today when i get it from CS-cart.

MORE INFO comming soon.!

THIS mod is going to cost a total of 450$ On the stage it is now.

I will personal trow about 100-150$ in this mod.! So i where hoping some of you will be able to help (both big and small are welcome)[/QUOTE]

Please look in the top.

I have changed the infomation there to be right with all the info needed.

Sorry still don’t get it…

[quote name=‘Darius’]Sorry still don’t get it…[/QUOTE]

Okey i want to change the way the product filter are shown on the categorys. ([url]Customdata – Din adgang til data – Mere data, it og teknik)

I want to change the way to something like this :

[url]http://www.happii.dk/IT/Harddiske/HarddiskIntern.aspx[/url]

I have here add a pic i send to CS-cart that will show them what i wanted it to show like.

[url]Customdata – Din adgang til data – Mere data, it og teknik

This is the way i want to change it. From the normal text format to a drop down box.

[url]Customdata – Din adgang til data – Mere data, it og teknik

This is what Alex want to create (just a few of it)

I hope this helped a littel

That almost looks like Snorocket’s Shop By Product Features addon. Have you checked into that?

You can see that addon at:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/addons/shop-by-features.html[/url]

Brandon

unless I’m missing something the shop by features addon does this and a lot more:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/addons/shop-by-features.html[/url]

Hmm i go buy it now :slight_smile: Hope it will do the same ^^ :slight_smile: so that i can save the 385$ and use them on something other :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘snorocket’]unless I’m missing something the shop by features addon does this and a lot more:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/addons/shop-by-features.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Hope it is not that!

When i try to use it on my site now i get

Witch is not the meaning.!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mod will take the now working “Product Features” + “Product filters”

And create a SINGLE dropdown box on the category page.

As you can se on this pic. There is a lot of manufacturer names shown. All this names will be put into one single dropdown box and not like the “Shop by Features” mod from SNO that put it all manufactures into a **** long list of dropdown boxes.

As you can se on this pic, there are some text (This text is the normal Product filteres) The things i have put into it is what this new mod here will do !.

I hope this tells what this mod do. And that its not like SNO’s mod

Please corrent me if i am wrong (lots of money to wast on a addon if the ones from SNO can do this but i just don’t know to make this)

One the last pic you see some words called on danish. The translation is here:

Skærm = screen

Producent = Manufacturer

Pris stor = price big

Also the work “name” stands for something

name = This is where the other of my Product filteres will be shown.

Also please take in mind that i want to create the same way of product filters like they have on this site.:

[url]WUPTI... Vi byder dig velkommen på Bilka.dk

Go look on it (its the thing in the big blue box) THAT is how its going to look when it is done.

[QUOTE]The “Product filters” modification.

1. We will add the “Column number” input field (digits only) to the details window of product filters.
  2. We will change the appearance of blocks with the “Block content” option set to “Product filters” and the “Filling” option set to “Dynamic” so that if such a block is displayed in the central section then the following changes will be applied to it:
  • Product filters will be displayed in a multicolumn table according to column numbers specified for each filter in the “Column number” option (point #1)

We will prepare the customization package and upload it to your File Area. Also we will prepare the instructions which will help you to install this modification on your server (customdata.dk).

We will use the “electro” storefront skin and the “Basic” skin for the admin panel.[/QUOTE]

Are there any news on this? I do not see this in 2.0.14. changelog… May be this is custom modification, that will non be included in CS-Cart core?

May be we will start a project in some days and this mod will be needed for this project. So it is possible, that we can contribute some money.

[quote name=‘typo3lab’]Are there any news on this? I do not see this in 2.0.14. changelog… May be this is custom modification, that will non be included in CS-Cart core?

May be we will start a project in some days and this mod will be needed for this project. So it is possible, that we can contribute some money.[/QUOTE]

Have you been reading the first post at all ?

This is a custom addon (mod) that i am in need of on my site and i am asking the other users if they know this mod or if they want to help me pay it. and make it better

I think some type of product filter mod is in the works from the “Sno” Camp. Perhaps try asking him as several of us are going to pool funds. Details are not clear at this point…maybe he can shed some light on the mod.

Stu

[quote name=‘derbytown502’]I think some type of product filter mod is in the works from the “Sno” Camp. Perhaps try asking him as several of us are going to pool funds. Details are not clear at this point…maybe he can shed some light on the mod.

Stu[/QUOTE]

I have been speaking with “SNO” for some time and he think he can create a modded version of his “Shop by F”

But we will se :slight_smile:

If i am lucky he can fix it and it can start working :slight_smile: and i save some **** lots of money that i can use on something other.

Also think SNO is going to share my other mod.

Почему для блока фильтра товаров, размещаемого в центре, выбрана такая структура, что характеристики размещаются в столбец? При таком размещении справа от характеристик очень много пустого места и страница получается очень длинная. Наилучшим решением будет размещение характеристик в строку, с разделяющим символом, например, “|”.

I also think it would be good to be able to indicate from the backend what to search for. For example…lets say I have a filter search for products based on colors. Well I have 50 color variants but would like to specify the filter to only search based on a few of the color variants and not all 50. Lets say just the most popular colors I specify.

In addition, in this example above, I have color variants with more than one color such as, blue/black/green as one color variant in addition to the colors blue & black & Green. I would like the option to be able to set the filter to search for any color with the color blue in the title. So the filter would pull the blue as well as the blue/black/green color variant. Word specific.

Also, the filter would need to be set to search only in the category/subcat that we specify or that it was created in from the backend and not the entire web site. So basically the filter doesn’t pull from the entire site, it’s category specific.

Lastly…the ability to put this filter in the side column in addition to the way specified from the examples above. Drop down boxes are a must, so variants won’t stream all the way down the page.

Thats my suggestions and I will be willing to chip in. Oh and Sno must be involved!!! Thanks

Stu

[quote name=‘derbytown502’]I also think it would be good to be able to indicate from the backend what to search for. For example…lets say I have a filter search for products based on colors. Well I have 50 color variants but would like to specify the filter to only search based on a few of the color variants and not all 50. Lets say just the most popular colors I specify.

In addition, in this example above, I have color variants with more than one color such as, blue/black/green as one color variant in addition to the colors blue & black & Green. I would like the option to be able to set the filter to search for any color with the color blue in the title. So the filter would pull the blue as well as the blue/black/green color variant. Word specific.

Also, the filter would need to be set to search only in the category/subcat that we specify or that it was created in from the backend and not the entire web site. So basically the filter doesn’t pull from the entire site, it’s category specific.

Lastly…the ability to put this filter in the side column in addition to the way specified from the examples above. Drop down boxes are a must, so variants won’t stream all the way down the page.

Thats my suggestions and I will be willing to chip in. Oh and Sno must be involved!!! Thanks

Stu[/QUOTE]

Hallo there.

I am sorry but this sound like a other mode to this mod. (Not sure)

But it sounds great. Think i will have abit more info to understand what you are thinking of.

Anyway. SNO have agreed to help me with creating the right text to CS-Cart so that we can get them to create a great mod for us.

[quote name=‘alek-ua’]Почему для блока фильтра товаров, размещаемого в центре, выбрана такая структура, что характеристики размещаются в столбец? При таком размещении справа от характеристик очень много пустого места и страница получается очень длинная. Наилучшим решением будет размещение характеристик в строку, с разделяющим символом, например, “|”.[/QUOTE]

Can we get that on english ? (tryed to google-translate)

Yes i think you are right about that. The placing on the center i made on the pic are just to show. Nothing more. But all good ideer are welcome for sure… as i want this mod to work like 120% for both me and my customers.

[quote name=‘derbytown502’]I also think it would be good to be able to indicate from the backend what to search for. For example…lets say I have a filter search for products based on colors. Well I have 50 color variants but would like to specify the filter to only search based on a few of the color variants and not all 50. Lets say just the most popular colors I specify.

Stu[/QUOTE]

This sounds great. The drop down box are definitely a must have, and for that alone I’d be willing to join the effort.

[quote name=‘Alexander Repin - CS-CART helpdesk’]The “Product filters” modification.

1. We will change the appearance of blocks with the “Block content” option set to “Product filters” and the “Filling” option set to “Dynamic” so that if such a block is displayed in the central section then the following changes will be applied to it:
  • Product filters will be displayed in the same way as they are displayed in the “Advanced filter” section from the “Advanced search” section

We will use the “electro” storefront skin and the “Basic” skin for the admin panel.

The modification will be installed ONLY on the domain(s) specified in this detailed description.

While developing this modification we will do only what is described above.

All additions and changes of this modification will require some extra payments.

This project will correctly work in Internet Explorer 6 (for Windows OS), Internet Explorer 7 (for Windows OS), FireFox 3 (for Linux and Windows OS), Safari 2 (for Mac OS), Google Chrome and Opera 9.5 (for Linux OS) browsers.

We cannot guarantee you fully that there will not be any errors during the upgrade. However, we will do our best so that new addon can be upgraded with minimal conflicts.

(!) This modification does not include Installation service (The installation of CS-Cart software).

The modification of such complexity will cost USD 315.

At the moment we can start working for you only in 2 weeks after the payment is made.

The whole task will take us 5 business days to complete.[/QUOTE]

This is the new way its going to show for now…

Anything to add ?

This is how i want it to look…

Advanced filter shown always and with dropdown bokses

It looks a lot like simply turning the advanced filter on for categories.

On any of your category pages, add this to the end of the address bar:

&advanced_filter=Y

Seems you just need to adjust how you want that to look.