• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Different minimum order values for retail and wholesale membership? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• steve
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:10 PM #1

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible for us to have different minimum order amounts for different membership levels?

EG
Retail customers are OK to have No Minimum order value or a low value, as they are paying us Retail Prices. However, Practitioners and Retailer Membership levels are paying 'Wholesale' prices and therefore need a higher minimum order value to cover cost etc.

Regards
Steve
Steve

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:45 AM #2

You cannot establish order minimums by membership in the current CS-Cart. We have the same problem because we have different order minimums based on the type of customer (retail, wholesale).

We also face the problem that a particular shipping method can only be assigned to a single membership or to 'All'. We have what I would call membership groups (e.g., different kinds of wholesale customers who are all eligible for the same shipping method - Local delivery - but it is not a shipping method available to all customers).

Would love to hear what others have done to address this.

Bob

• steve
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:47 AM #3

Understood Bob. I am going to ask cscart to quote me to modify the store to allow minimum order amounts per membership level. [if possible].

I will post the reply here for your info.
Steve

• steve
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:23 PM #4

You cannot establish order minimums by membership in the current CS-Cart. We have the same problem because we have different order minimums based on the type of customer (retail, wholesale).

We also face the problem that a particular shipping method can only be assigned to a single membership or to 'All'. We have what I would call membership groups (e.g., different kinds of wholesale customers who are all eligible for the same shipping method - Local delivery - but it is not a shipping method available to all customers).

Would love to hear what others have done to address this.

Bob

For anyone interested, cscart have quoted me - "Addition of minimum order amount for each membership will cost $125".

Quite expensive for those of us that have several memberships. Especially when you consider the whole cart only cost $125?
Steve

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:59 PM #5

Quite expensive for those of us that have several memberships. Especially when you consider the whole cart only cost $125?

That does seem quite expensive. Since the logic already exists to check order minimums, it should come down to adding the appropriate field to the database and the Membership screen and then rearranging the logic to look up and check that field.

Hopefully, we are not watching the beginning of an X-Cart approach to dealing with customer customizations.

Bob

• steve
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 08:14 AM #6

That does seem quite expensive. Since the logic already exists to check order minimums, it should come down to adding the appropriate field to the database and the Membership screen and then rearranging the logic to look up and check that field.

Hopefully, we are not watching the beginning of an X-Cart approach to dealing with customer customizations.

Bob

Hi Bob,

After complaining about the cost to cscart they have been back to me to clarify that they meant $125 in total - which would incude all membership areas. This makes more sense - but my client is still considering if it is worth it.
Steve

• RipVan100
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:51 PM #7

Did you ever get a resolution to this? We're considering the same thing for our site, and would like to know if anyone got this created.

And so, if a customer pays cscart for the mod, will cscart then include the mod in a future release? Or, if someone else wants the same mod, will cscart charge the same?

If a customer paid for and got the mod, can he resell it?

Let me know.

• steve
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:43 PM #8

Did you ever get a resolution to this? We're considering the same thing for our site, and would like to know if anyone got this created.

And so, if a customer pays cscart for the mod, will cscart then include the mod in a future release? Or, if someone else wants the same mod, will cscart charge the same?

If a customer paid for and got the mod, can he resell it?

Let me know.

Hi Ripvan100,

1/ No we have not yet asked cscart to perform the mod, my client has not yet approved the cost.
2/ Yes, I agree the mod should be included in future cart upgrades, it does seem a popular request. My concern is that with all the mods done already by cscart to the clients store - even upgrades could be difficult in future - maybe they will over-write all the mods done up to now?
3/ I don't know about reselling the script - I would not think cscart would approve. Plus as they explained to me the mod is quite extensive - requiring many sections of the cart to be changed.

Regards,
Steve

• joe
  • Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:50 AM #9

This feature is not included in cs-cart 2.0 even.
PM me for custom project