• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

anchor text inside category description Rate Topic   - - - - -

• gabrieluk
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:23 AM #1

hi,
i want to insert some internal links from page a and b to page c.page a would be the home page,page b would be green widget.html,and page c,the red widget.html

i want to insert an anchor text in page a and b but what i dont really know,in a seo perspective,is if a should insert in page c an anchor <p><a name="red_widgets"></a></p>

and use anchor text in page a and b pointing to the anchor

or should i just point this anchor text links to the url of the page c itself.i dont know if i need the anchor in page c

do you understand?:rolleyes:
Number 1

• indy0077
  • Banned
  • 1431 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:47 PM #2

hi,
i want to insert some internal links from page a and b to page c.page a would be the home page,page b would be green widget.html,and page c,the red widget.html

i want to insert an anchor text in page a and b but what i dont really know,in a seo perspective,is if a should insert in page c an anchor <p><a name="red_widgets"></a></p>

and use anchor text in page a and b pointing to the anchor

or should i just point this anchor text links to the url of the page c itself.i dont know if i need the anchor in page c

do you understand?:rolleyes:

In your case, I would point to the site 'b'. Also I would recommend to use this format for your URL's:

<a href="relative_path.xxx" title="The tittle should contain the word (words) of your anchor text">Anchor text - your keyword or keyword phrase of site 'b'</a>

CS-Cart Professional €160.00 | CS-Cart Multi-Vendor €625.00 | CS-Cart Hosting | SSL Certificates
CS-Cart Optimized Servers *** USA & UK VPS Servers

• Hoko
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:01 PM #3

Try this:
<a href="{$config.current_url|fn_url}#anchor" id="anchor" rel="">LINK ANCHOR</a>

<a name="anchor" id="anchor"></a>