Hide out of stock variants from customer

Show in stock variants/options & automatically hide out of stock variants/options from customer.

I don’t want to show customers a variant/option, have them select the variant/option, only to show the customer that the variant/option is out of stock. If it’s out of stock, the option to select it should be automatically disabled.

I don’t know if it works with variants/options but go to Administration->Settings under Catalog and uncheck “Show out of stock products”

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]I don’t know if it works with variants/options but go to Administration->Settings under Catalog and uncheck “Show out of stock products”[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it does not solve the problem.

This sounds like a bug to me. If “Show out of stock products” is unchecked, it should apply to product options just as it would for a product without options.

Bob

Is there a solution to this problem? I have a client who really hates this bug.

If they have a product with three sizes, but are out of the smallest size, the initial thing the user sees is “Out of Stock”. They don’t know they can change the size and possibly get an in-stock message with other variants.

This is the main reason my customer and I decided to abandon the use of this cart.

It is really a basic function of any cart to hide out of stock options or ‘gray’ them out.

I know that exceptions can be created to hide them but who has time to keep track of both inventory numbers and exceptions?

If a customer has to click on each color and then each size to see what is in stock and what isn’t they will soon give up and leave.

This cart would be perfect for a LOT of my customers if

1. the inventory page was simplified
  2. the option combo page was sortable and
  3. the out of stock options were hidden on first selection and grayed out on second.

Example: if you have a pair of shoes in black and red and they come in s, m, and large - then the black and red options would only appear if there was at least ONE size avail in that color. If not then the option is GONE.

If the color has only one size available the other two sizes are grayed out or gone. Simplified shopping :slight_smile:

I can’t believe this was never resolved by Cs-Cart, this is a major flaw.

Someone mentioned that you can change the language file for “out of stock”, however, it doesn’t seem to be working for me.

I tried to change it to “selected option is out of stock” as a way of encouraging the customer to select another size or colour, but the text still reads “out of stock”. Could this be a bug?

I think that simply not showing the out of stock item would definitely be a good solution - I agree that this is a major issue with the cart that will affect sales. I hope they decide to adjust how this is displayed in future versions.

I added something similar a while ago:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/631925-select-first-instock-product-option-if-first-optio[/url]

I don’t think unchecking the “Show out of stock products” should hide or affect the options. The options that are out of stock should be listed, but grayed out. It actually would probably be a really simple template edit to do.

When you are tracking stock with options is there any way for the total amount of current stock to be displayed on the Catalog → Products → Quantity table instead of just seeing ‘edit’? This is a headache if you want to get an idea of how much stock you have left for a given product?!

So sorry- I am re-posting because I mistakenly created a user name that was my full email address so I deleted the original post!

I’ve just switched from Product Cart to CS Cart due to a change in company and am finding this issue to be a major problem. I was hoping from the date of this thread that there was a fix by now! I have products with many colors/prints and sizes, and in my old cart, if the customer selected “medium” the dropdown menu for “color” would only show the colors that are available in medium (with 25 color choices and 4 sizes, we are likely to be out of stock of some in some sizes). Then they could click small, and see what was available in small, etc. It seems to me in CS Cart, if a customer selects “medium,” they then have to click on every single color choice to see what is in stock. Am I understanding this correctly, or has there been a solution I’ve missed? I’ve un-checked the setting that says “show out of stock.”

Do people not use this cart for apparel with many options? If there truly is no fix for this, has anyone added it to the suggestion list at [url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general[/url] ?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Shannon

What i see it is easy whats wrong. normally if we go in admin under admin.php?dispatch=product_options.inventory&product_id=XXXX we will see our combinations of option. We can set a product code for it but the options have no own stock field, thats the problem! We have only one stock field for this one product :frowning:

EDIT: O.K i found it where i can fill the stock field for the options. But when the option isnt on stock customer can see it :frowning: It would be better if we can choose if it´s hided when options are out of stock or a message with ajax came up. Now only the customer do not see the buy button when the they are choose a option what isnt on stock.

Hi gues. I’ve created an addon that can solve the described problem, and it is free of charge. You can download it here: [url]http://1clue.com/index.php?r=addon/view&id=6[/url] Will be glad to hear some feedback.

Please note that I have not tested it on v2.0.x

[quote name=‘webclue’]Hi gues. I’ve created an addon that can solve the described problem, and it is free of charge. You can download it here: [url]http://1clue.com/index.php?r=addon/view&id=6[/url] Will be glad to hear some feedback.

Please note that I have not tested it on v2.0.x[/QUOTE]

hi @webclue,

I checked the Pro version 2.1.4.

Works just fine.

There are hundreds of products in your store.

I use 3-4 different global options.

a plug-in, but very critical.

CS-Cart does not work on new versions, all options will need to change as local.

Do you think the new versions is a problem?

Thank you.

Hey Webclue-

I just installed this on a Pro 2.1.4 site and it installed correctly but is not greying out products on the store front or creating exceptions. Any ideas?

I actually got this to work, I miss read a step in the readme file, FYI you have to create all combination possibilities and then 0 out the inventory on what you don’t want to display.

Thanks for the great addon!

[quote name='1clue' timestamp='1299273933' post='105740']

Hi gues. I've created an addon that can solve the described problem, and it is free of charge. You can download it here: [url]http://1clue.com/index.php?r=addon/view&id=6[/url] Will be glad to hear some feedback.

Please note that I have not tested it on v2.0.x

[/quote]

Hi, this add-on works great only if you set the inventory levels to “0” (zero) …if the inventory level is left blank then the option still appears…is there any way to re-code it so that if the inventory level is blank it will still hide that option?

I want still shows the out of stock option, but simply just gray out. so customer can still see what option might available, but I really dont like customer need to click each option to wait for the ajax tell which is available and which is not.

I want it could gray out the option and show the text after that would be good.

anyone has solution?

option2.jpg

option1.jpg